Custom Order Deposits: Refund Seeking

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you need/want to talk directly to the shaper, (which is perfectly valid) go directly TO the shaper. (common sense right?)
Well... we NEED the hot new model and that shaper doesn't have time for us so we talked to the 16-year old shop kid who promised he'd dial us in for our orders.

I mean, what could go wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: bluemarlin04

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If the shaper don’t got time to talk- fine I’ll go somewhere else
I caught in to this young as a good rule of thumb

If I can't to talk to the shaper I don't order.

There's a flavor of the month who periodically pops in here to peddle his wares -

I'm thinking "Well, he puts in all this time here promoting his boards so I will just PM him asking for dims on a few boards for a trip."

So I sent him a simple PM with the usual detals - height/weight, expereince, trip location, my typical board dims.

His response was to talk to his shop guy in Oceanside and he'll set me up.

So I moved on.

My $1500 is too valuable to be messing around with a middleman.

From Simon Anderson to Arakawa to Xanadu to Proctor and many others - all accessible.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
If the shaper don’t got time to talk- fine I’ll go somewhere else
IMO unless you can talk to the shaper and they have seen you surf ordering a custom pointless in most cases. Especially with all the stock models available OTR.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
IMO unless you can talk to the shaper and they have seen you surf ordering a custom pointless in most cases. Especially with all the stock models available OTR.
the chances your shaper have you seen you surf are slim to none. ive shared he lineup with mine more than few times..but cant say if hes ever seen me surf or not. even talking to them - how many people are completely honest about their abilities?

its personal responsibility to order something in your wheel house. not the shaper fault if you order something outside your skill level or even under volume/ over volumed.

most people arent very realistic when it comes to what they should be riding.