Dead and company

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Tanks but no thanks. The amount of nitrous at both the SD show and LA show was insane. Even got a “nitrous delivered to you” flyer on my car. Soo many balloons of hippy crack.

Halloween show was epic though.

Once again missed the first song because of insane waiting in line to get in. Samson to boot. One of the better Eyes of the World I’ve ever heard. Morning Dew was rad and always dig Brokedown. Loved the sit list. Still would rather have Jackie Greene in place of JMayer, but understand.

Might be the last time we see Dead and Co. in this configuration.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Tanks but no thanks. The amount of nitrous at both the SD show and LA show was insane. Even got a “nitrous delivered to you” flyer on my car. Soo many balloons of hippy crack.

Halloween show was epic though.

Once again missed the first song because of insane waiting in line to get in. Samson to boot. One of the better Eyes of the World I’ve ever heard. Morning Dew was rad and always dig Brokedown. Loved the sit list. Still would rather have Jackie Greene in place of JMayer, but understand.

Might be the last time we see Dead and Co. in this configuration.
Lines were crazy! Agree the hippie crack was out of control

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
My buddy was going to all the Dead shows down there and if it was me I would've at least gone to one of Elfman's Nightmare Before Christmas shows at the Banc of California Stadium...that looked pretty good. And the last song he brings Bartek out there for Dead Man's Party...

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Grew up going to Dead shows with my uncle. Prob saw them a dozen times before I was thirteen. Hadn’t really listened to them in years. Like 20 or so. But this video kinda rekindled things for me…

Watched some clips of the Dead & Co reunion tour and mostly found it kinda sad watching people hang on to something that once was.
Does the song Me and My Uncle bring back memories for you?

The dead was before you were born. Not so much after.

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
My buddy was going to all the Dead shows down there and if it was me I would've at least gone to one of Elfman's Nightmare Before Christmas shows at the Banc of California Stadium...that looked pretty good. And the last song he brings Bartek out there for Dead Man's Party...
I saw that show at the bowl a few times...there they played the movie on the screens and had all the original cast there to do the songs.

catherine o'hara fkn KILLS IT EVERY TIME

the encores where he does Boingo stuff is fire

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
No nostalgia tours for me, thanks.
Caught a handful of shows in the mid 80’s thru the early 90’s, amazing times.

It’s been rad to catch some of the younger Dead cover bands that bring their
own hazy spin on the music. The Shred w/ Mapache (Sam and Clay) were groovy AF
and put on smokin‘ show.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
No nostalgia tours for me, thanks.
Caught a handful of shows in the mid 80’s thru the early 90’s, amazing times.
I totally get this. lots of hardcore deadheads who feel the same.

I felt the same when GnR started doing reunion tours. Got in a fight with a co worker for telling her I saw them when they mattered . She was telling us all how cool she was for going to the show:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
I totally get this. lots of hardcore deadheads who feel the same.

I felt the same when GnR started doing reunion tours. Got in a fight with a co worker for telling her I saw them when they mattered . She was telling us all how cool she was for going to the show:roflmao:
Maybe it was cool that she went but I can’t imagine anything cool about seeing old, phat Axl trying to bring it :socrazy:

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Saw them 1990 at shoreline that was a dam good show, would have loved to have seen the circus in the early days.
Heh. I was there too! Well, not in the show. Just the parking lot. And only for about 20 minutes. Then we went into SF. What a crazy night!!!

EDIT - On second thought I don't think it was 1990. Probably 91 or 92.

• Haha

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
This brings back some fun memories (Elfman and OB)
Went to a Halloween night Oingo Boingo concert at Irvine Meadows eons ago, one of my favorite concerts.
Elfman was running around on stage with this skeleton on his back.
Jack-in-the-boxes with Bartek and the rest of the crew jumping in and out of 'em with scary clown costumes on.
Classic Boingo.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Boingo Halloween shows at Irvine Meadows were legendary.
Living in Northern Cal I missed all of that but have always been a huge fan. Only saw Boingo once down in San Jose at Great America, they played in the Redwood Amphitheater. Gave up 14'@14sec swell that day too...just to keep it surf related...

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Caught the Phish & Dead and Co shows last week in Chula. Phish show was pretty full and the energy was good - even found myself in the outfield getting down on the grass second set. Fun show. Hippie crack was going strong, but not off the charts like past tours. Dead and Co was a bit more subdued and a smaller crowd (Dead had a Wednesday show, Phish had a Saturday). Like someone else mentioned, Billy's health is poor and probably has a limited number of tours ahead. I'd like to see them ditch John Mayer and get someone like Warren Haynes, Jackie Greene or Billy Strings.

Reactions: SlicedFeet

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Funny how much hate these guys get. Anyone else catch Phish this tour? Good stuff

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
I love the GD but there is so much new music out there to discover. If I get a Dead itch I just to the Archive and pick a random show, or one I know.

My all-time favorite Dead related media is the Veneta film. When Jerry sings BIrd Song it's just the peak of the whole Dead trip. Especially with the naked hippie perched on the pole in the background.

Reactions: rowjimmytour