Dead and company

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
SCC enjoy...I have not seen any form of Dead since Bob Weir several years ago acoustic at Ventura Theater and must say one of best post Jer shows I seen. I really miss Dead Shows but really only enjoyable post "AJ" been Phil and Friends and first The Other Ones '98 line up and Weir solo but I found smaller bands smaller venue bands more fun who carry on the spirit. Check out Poor Mans Whiskey or Hot Buttered Rum if you get a chance:shaka:

Reactions: santacruzin

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Saw the San Diego show. Good, not grate, but still the most fun I’ll ever have at a concert.

I have a ticket for Halloween. I’ll be wearing a skeleton circus ring leader costume.

Reactions: santacruzin

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Years ago, made a rule for myself to never see a band that I had seen before in their heyday after seeing a few bands try to re-ignite their careers.....there was no new material.

Then had to really ask myself if I wanted to see any performer on their farewell tour after seeing Nina Simone play in Oakland.

In both cases, the let down started to taint my fond memories. Felt that I would get more from seeing new stuff than relive/chase the past.

But this is me.

If anyone goes, give us a review.

Reactions: Boneroni

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Years ago, made a rule for myself to never see a band that I had seen before in their heyday after seeing a few bands try to re-ignite their careers.....there was no new material.

Then had to really ask myself if I wanted to see any performer on their farewell tour after seeing Nina Simone play in Oakland.

In both cases, the let down started to taint my fond memories. Felt that I would get more from seeing new stuff than relive/chase the past.

But this is me.

If anyone goes, give us a review.
^^^^ This^^^
Saw Lucinda Williams and Willie Nelson at the Bowl last week.
Good fun, nostalgia but not great.
Both Lucinda and Willie gettn' a little long in the tooth.
I did however enjoy the song that Willy's son wrote (he performed with him that night) called "If I'm high when I die I'm halfway to heaven"
They don't call it The Bowl for nothing. Good god there was a lot of weed being burned.

Reactions: Mr Doof

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Never been to a Halloween show before. NYE, Mardi Gras and Chinese New Year, yes. '92 JGB is other worldly to me and my favortie shows and run (sermons), actually almost all of JGB.

Our Wedding Song was JGB Shining Star. :):trout:
The Grissom combo shows with JGB some of the bezt that year I went to Warfield "during Rodney King Riot, Eel River, and then greatest ever Squaw Valley with Jimmy Cliff and Neville Brothers:cheers:

Reactions: SlicedFeet

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
smart man. I fell for a wookie trap once. never again!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Grew up going to Dead shows with my uncle. Prob saw them a dozen times before I was thirteen. Hadn’t really listened to them in years. Like 20 or so. But this video kinda rekindled things for me…

Watched some clips of the Dead & Co reunion tour and mostly found it kinda sad watching people hang on to something that once was.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Did you go to Shakedown Street? Were there three guys who looked practically like pirates making burritos out of a white extended full-sized van? My son got into the Dead 3 years ago, he gave me some Dead vinyls for Christmas - read a lot about them but he couldn't see them live because of Covid then I got us all tickets to the Citi Field show in NY which, as it happened, was his first show. It was a great show and the pre-show Shakedown Street with all the vendors was fun - of course he picked the crustiest looking burrito guys there were - I was just hoping not to get sick o_O . He saw the same guys at the North Carolina show with my nephew then he saw two shows at Red Rocks in Colorado with his college roommates and they weren't there but Red Rocks is so remote there's no place for a good Shakedown Street really.

I think John Mayer is doing a great job and brings some young sex appeal to the band which might help to attract a new younger audience and that maybe Dead and Company can be a bigger thing than the individuals in it and can continue as a sort of franchise if each role is given to someone respectful and capable over time.

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Did you go to Shakedown Street? Were there three guys who looked practically like pirates making burritos out of a white extended full-sized van?
Yea we went after first show and before second. Lots of guys who looked like that, can you be more specific? :roflmao:
So many nitrous tanks, a bit overkill IMO. I was a walking weed dispenser but didnt charge anyone,
Trades only, nothing to trade no worries here you go anyway. Got all kinds of neat stuff from Pistachio's to some things that made me leave this planet for a while :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: PJ