Rounded pin tail twins

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Update--- not calling it the Twin Vader, as that name was already being used by someone else, but here's a good look at it
Looks awesome! Excited to try it.

Do you think you'll ever work with Varial? Would love to get it with Varial

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
I have a 6’9” Sakal Sabre. nothing but positives to say. The thing actually has way more upper end range than I expected. I assumed it would be like a long board replacement but it likes a decent wave. It’s become a sit outside the pack on good days board when I’m not in the mood to battle.
Question on your Sabre. Do you have a preferred set of fins you like in it? Mine is supposed to be ready in the next week or so.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Question on your Sabre. Do you have a preferred set of fins you like in it? Mine is supposed to be ready in the next week or so.
Ur stocked. But you may not like my answer. I use the c-drive nvs twin which visually don’t appeal to me. Ryan told me to try them and then I saw Scott bass using them in that model so I went for it. Looks weird but works. I put those fins in day 1 and never switched them out. Ryan also said an upright twin works in small waves and the placement is for keels which is the go to. C drives are a combo between those.

Reactions: jkb and SD_Dan

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Does Sakal have a shop where you can check out the Sabre or is it custom only? Thought I remember there being one in HB but haven't been there in awhile.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Ur stocked. But you may not like my answer. I use the c-drive nvs twin which visually don’t appeal to me. Ryan told me to try them and then I saw Scott bass using them in that model so I went for it. Looks weird but works. I put those fins in day 1 and never switched them out. Ryan also said an upright twin works in small waves and the placement is for keels which is the go to. C drives are a combo between those.
Hey, thanks for the recommendation. I've been curious about those fins. I may have to pick up a set.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Does Sakal have a shop where you can check out the Sabre or is it custom only? Thought I remember there being one in HB but haven't been there in awhile.
Ryan Sakal does the Sabre. His dad Ed is the one who has Sakal surfboards in HB. I think Ryan typically does customs, but like trifish said there are 3 or 4 in stock at boardsource.