Boar pron- Mike Woo

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
I've got a shortboard that Mike shaped for me that goes really nice. The story behind that Twin fin, if it's the same one, is that when Kelly was in Bali he worked with Mike to make a board based on the outline of a great white shark. I believe this board is coming out as a Firewire at some point.

Reactions: ReForest and Havoc

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
What? I make no claims about whether it's a good idea or not. Simply relaying what Mike told me. I think Kelly said the same thing in a video I saw a few weeks ago

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Haven’t seen Mike in years but I punched him in the ear after he burned me at Bowls and kept cutting back at me. I used to work with his then gf
and I called him to apologize later that day. He knew a lot of my old friends at the surf shop and I got his number from one of them. We’ve been cool ever since.

When I hit him he yelled I can’t believe you just hit me. I yelled back I’m going to hit you some more. Got every wave I wanted the rest of the session. The good old days. 1993 or 1994. Haha.

sakana_kid

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 24, 2009
I’ve had 2 awesome customs from Mike. He absolutely killed it at the spots I grew up surfing and the only guy that surfs there as good as him was Randall. Smooth with power.

Reactions: retodd and Havoc