*** Official Fin Thread ***

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
i doubt any of us fin snobs here would suggest the T1's in plastic but if they are what you can afford, get em. it's a good template. for someone your weight i'd probably be looking at a Small twin like the Akila's or Machado's.

I dunno though maybe someone else around your size can chime in...
I actually used to run some Thermotech T1's in a board and they went suprisingly well and I'm 95kgs so definitely say give them a go but as Aruka says the Akila Aipas would be a better option. You can find them cheap if you don't mind getting them sent from Aust as the 3D made ones are often on eBay Australia.

Reactions: Aruka
May 20, 2020
I'm thinking of picking up the MFC JS twins for a longer twin. Has anyone compared the JS uprights to the ENs? I assume the JS will be lighter, I'm just curious about the template comparison. Thanks!!

Jul 1, 2009
I actually used to run some Thermotech T1's in a board and they went suprisingly well and I'm 95kgs so definitely say give them a go but as Aruka says the Akila Aipas would be a better option. You can find them cheap if you don't mind getting them sent from Aust as the 3D made ones are often on eBay Australia.
Thanks guys. I see there's a smaller Captain Fin Tyler Warren fin that is a spittting image of the Akila Aipas. Useful for the FCS faithful. Easier for me to get my hands on the CF vs the Futures or 3D versions. Will try them out and report back to the erBB for other lightweights.

Reactions: MathDebater

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Real design given a thumbs down

Give values to each aspect of area change width , forward , back , up and you can see how the pressure changes thru the fin and how those changes work or not work together .

Surfboard templates and rocker can be done the same , combining them at each point is very telling .
My thumbs down was in reference to the template narrowing and then increasing in width again.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Comparison of alkali album and fascination twins for @lofatkilla
View attachment 117339View attachment 117340
Hey Aruka,
Thanks for the fin recomendation. I surfed these in my Alan Gibbons fishy egg this am and I really dig em so far. Tons of projection off bottoms turns. Lots of pop IMO. Waves were a bit soft but inside lefts had a bit of push. That's where they shined. Will try them in my Townsend next.

Reactions: Aruka

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
tim was telling me about these as he picked up a set. they look weird to me

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
tim was telling me about these as he picked up a set. they look weird to me

I've had a few sessions on mine and so far I like them. They surf 'different'. Kinda reminds me what a traditional twin rides like: fast, edgiy, dragless. I have yet to really put them on rail yet but I suspect they will make me ride like Taylor any day now.

That feeling could be the reason why they offer a cheater trailer fin :socrazy: