Seems like being a Republican is kind of "done."

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The GOP is probably going to win the House and Senate in 2022. My guess is Breyer's replacement will be to the right of Alito, it'll be 7-2, and the swing vote will be Kavanaugh. LOL.

The left wants the world; don't seem to understand LBJ had a hundred and something vote majority in the House and like 70 Senators and Biden's majority is thinner than his old man tissue skin. They seem to think you can get something voting rights or climate-related or police reform through the Senate with 50 votes. They seem to think any of that sh!t will last more than 5 minutes after the GOP were to take the Senate back.

In 2024 Trump or Ronda, by dint of sucking so bad, could probably gin up enough enthusiasm for literally anyone to win. 2022, I'd expect a voter enthusiasm differential to play out. But the impeachment is going to be fun to watch!

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Regardless of what any of you Wilbur's say the pendulum swings true, and there aint a gosh darned thing you can do about it.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The GOP is probably going to win the House and Senate in 2022. My guess is Breyer's replacement will be to the right of Alito, it'll be 7-2, and the swing vote will be Kavanaugh. LOL.

The left wants the world; don't seem to understand LBJ had a hundred and something vote majority in the House and like 70 Senators and Biden's majority is thinner than his old man tissue skin. They seem to think you can get something voting rights or climate-related or police reform through the Senate with 50 votes. They seem to think any of that sh!t will last more than 5 minutes after the GOP were to take the Senate back.

In 2024 Trump or Ronda, by dint of sucking so bad, could probably gin up enough enthusiasm for literally anyone to win. 2022, I'd expect a voter enthusiasm differential to play out. But the impeachment is going to be fun to watch!
I never get why the dems get obstructed by the GOP and people say, "Oh, those Dems suck."

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I never get why the dems get obstructed by the GOP and people say, "Oh, those Dems suck."
The left is correct that sh!t-canning the filibuster might get some of this passed. They're also correct that Mitch is probably going to sh!t-can the filibuster to pass probably the shittiest legislation known to man.

But the Dems will probably lose some support if they sh!t-can it, and the GOP will undo whatever the Dems do by 50 votes anyway.

I'd like Rogan to run for President and win. It's hilarious. He doesn't like trans people and he doesn't like gun control. Everything else would probably be left wing as f--k. Like Michelle Obama's healthy lunches thing, can you imagine Rogan having a composting program in an attempt to change our paradigm re: household waste??

It would be sooo cash seeing people trig'd by that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The left is correct that sh!t-canning the filibuster might get some of this passed. They're also correct that Mitch is probably going to sh!t-can the filibuster to pass probably the shittiest legislation known to man.

But the Dems will probably lose some support if they sh!t-can it, and the GOP will undo whatever the Dems do by 50 votes anyway.

I'd like Rogan to run for President and win. It's hilarious. He doesn't like trans people and he doesn't like gun control. Everything else would probably be left wing as f--k. Like Michelle Obama's healthy lunches thing, can you imagine Rogan having a composting program in an attempt to change our paradigm re: household waste??

Pyscadelics for EVERYONE!

I like Joe Rogan.

I just think he made bad decisions when it comes to covid.

Not that it matters what I think.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Do you have a preliminary Oval Office Guest List?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
No one here (except you-know-who) proudly expresses that they're a Republican. So many of the Republican oriented people here seem to want to distract from the reality that their "side" has gotten so weird and untethered. I know that there are politicians and lawmakers with a R next to their name, but is there really still a Republican party? Doesn't seem like it.
That could've been asked after the success of Nixon's Southern strategy.

This wunderkind Gen-Xer named David Shor, working for the 2012 Barack campaign, modeled a daily election report that predicted every swing state except Ohio within a percentage point and called the national popular vote within 0.1 percent. He fell out of favor with many Democrats when, in response to the George Floyd protests, he reminded everyone that race riots after MLK was assassinated reduced Democratic vote share by 2% in surrounding counties which was enough to tip the 1968 election to Nixon.

See what he says now about the Democrats' prospects...

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

I recently read that the Dems are so pissed at Sinema that they are getting some progressive to primary her in 2024. Does it ever occur to them that such a person wouldn't even have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the general? They need to listen to guys like Shor if they ever want to get anything done.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I recently read that the Dems are so pissed at Sinema that they are getting some progressive to primary her in 2024. Does it ever occur to them that such a person wouldn't even have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the general? They need to listen to guys like Shor if they ever want to get anything done.
She was elected as a progressive, until bribed which she shamelessly accepted.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm pretty pissed at Sinema myself over the prescription drug shenanigans.

Reactions: mundus