YOLO ALERTS

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
At this point you could charge a fee... err bb retreat. hear me out
Errbb summer camp

Entrance fee, wax fee, leash string fee.

team building activities including knitting your own leash string
Board repair
Squats
political debate with moderator followed by boxing
Deadlifts
How to properly get into a 5/4 and drown in the northwest
Lock the mongrels in the board barn and santacruzin could bring his finest hemp
g10 foiling workshop

then deduct from our deposit each ding :ROFLMAO:
At the end of the week we sacrifice one Pop-out in the fire to help the planet (and the weakest surfer)

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Dims or it didn't happen. How does the Varial infused carbon compare to dark arts? It looks just as clean.

Also, what is that smith shapes board? How does that go?
the plasmic is 5-9 x 20.25 x 2.5

the varial carbon feels slightly heavier than DA. i haven't weighed it or anything so i'm not positive. it's still very light. it looks great, no glaring flaws. some small sanding details aren't quite as perfect as the DA's i''ve got. my most recent DA and this varial came with some epoxy in the fin boxes for me to chisel out. always a nice touch.

surfwise i'm digging how the varial feels so far. it's definitely different from the eps core/carbon boards. it feels more like a normal varial than it does like a Dark Arts or any other EPS core board, I think. also after two sessions i haven't noticed much denting whereas my normal varial was pretty dented up after one session.

that SMTH is a 5-10 x 34L mini demon in Dark Arts. i got it used off a fellow member here. it's a fun board but for me it had too much rocker and outline curve. a little too much of a disc. it was really fun in quality small waves but it didn't get in and down the line fast enough for me. i've got a few other SMTH boards that i really dig, this one just isn't for me.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
YOLO police here…
If one is “considering a yolo” and also thinking about the difficulty of selling the board if he doesn’t like it, then it no longer is a YOLO. It would just be a regular, thought out responsible purchase. Let’s get back to the true essence of a YOLO. The way things were earlier in this thread when credit card numbers were blindly thrown around and consequences were dealt with later;)

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
YOLO police here…
If one is “considering a yolo” and also thinking about the difficulty of selling the board if he doesn’t like it, then it no longer is a YOLO. It would just be a regular, thought out responsible purchase. Let’s get back to the true essence of a YOLO. The way things were earlier in this thread when credit card numbers were blindly thrown around and consequences were dealt with later;)
Fuckkkk you're totally right. I check my privilege and will make attempts to get back to the true essence of the yolo

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Fuckkkk you're totally right. I check my privilege and will make attempts to get back to the true essence of the yolo
Just messin’…all in good fun!!

but regarding the Duo, I rode a couple of them in a variety of shapes since a good bud of mine has a nice quiver of them. They are different in a good way, no other board feels like a Duo. the only thing I’d consider is the weight. The ones I rode were a bit heavier than comparable sized and volumed boards

Reactions: j_mac

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:unsure:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Got an email from Hayden, they jumping in the YOLO ring. Stock boards ready to ship. $795 for future flex is pretty good deal in my opinion, shipping options from $65 (airport).
which HS are you gonna get? they usually also have a Black Friday deal every year

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Got an email from Hayden, they jumping in the YOLO ring. Stock boards ready to ship. $795 for future flex is pretty good deal in my opinion, shipping options from $65 (airport).
Yeah, that's a pretty good price for relatively instant gratification. My Black Friday deal board from them was $722.70 (all in), but took five and half months to get.

• Wow
Reactions: racer1