The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
My 3/2 Hyperfreak comp suit is going on about 4 months and leaks at the legs, has a tear where the cord is and the right ankle fabric is starting to separate. Has anyone dealt with O’Neil warranty service? Their generic email reply seems like I’m just better off getting g it repaired
They've always treated me right, it took a couple of months to get the suits back though.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Homie came through and I scored one of the new buell subdivision 4mm suits.
Picking up a regular buell with attached hood when he get more stock.

This suit is fucking money! only one session but its super warm and stretchy.

He tried to pawn one of those camo JOB suits on me and I passed hahaha. Guess they didnt sell too well up here!

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Hah. Shocker.

I'm a fan of the newer Buell stuff. Their hooded suit is solid AF for 300 bucks. 7MM booties are good as well.
Their early stuff had some quality issues and I don’t like loud logos. agree the newer stuff is good.

love that this suit is 4mil all the way through

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Their early stuff had some quality issues and I don’t like loud logos. agree the newer stuff is good.

love that this suit is 4mil all the way through
yeah their hooded suit from years back was not great. just a poor designed chest zip/hood and not thick or warm enough. newer stuff is much better.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Rumor has it if you are persistent and don't mind spending a few extra bucks you can get a custom Buell tailored to you for less than what you would spend on some of the high end bespoke suits. Not sure if it's true. Would love to hear about someone putting in the effort.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I just got a Vissla and like it so far. 4/3 with slight initial seepage, slow style seepage. Size runs smaller than my last 4/3 psycho one.
I only got this one because the buells and most others were sold out at the time. I got it I in four or five days for pretty cheap so live and learn, but don't gain weight.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Rumor has it if you are persistent and don't mind spending a few extra bucks you can get a custom Buell tailored to you for less than what you would spend on some of the high end bespoke suits. Not sure if it's true. Would love to hear about someone putting in the effort.
True. At least it was.
I can find out and report back

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Hah. Shocker.

I'm a fan of the newer Buell stuff. Their hooded suit is solid AF for 300 bucks. 7MM booties are good as well.
I'm looking at the RB2 4/3 Hooded. Which one do you have and how long have you had it?

Thanks.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I'm looking at the RB2 4/3 Hooded. Which one do you have and how long have you had it?

Thanks.
yeah i have that one but the 5/4. on my 2nd one. after about a year they lose their warmth a bit. no blown seams or anything.

Reactions: rice

ckupczynski1

OTF status
Oct 14, 2009
Update on my feral suit. build quality is real good about 6 sessions in and the rubber is starting to break in and not feel as stiff. Not a single leak through the seams, really warm and comfortable. Feels so silky good to put on I think this is my new favorite suit. Is it me or was Surfline off on their water temps over the weekend ? did not feel like mid 50’s but if so this 3/2 had me feeling perfect. I also noticed this suit is super light when wet and doesn’t really absorb water like other suits.

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
thinking of yolo'ng an isurus.

convince me otherwise.
Bought the zipless 3/3 about 4-5 months ago.

Super flexible and soft. Material of the wetsuit itself is very high quality. But I started getting rips in the seams about 3 months in.

Talked to customer service and they said they prioritize flexibility, which I get but three months when I wasn't even wearing the suit full time is a bummer.

They did pay to get the seams patched, but I can already feel water starting to seep through the crotch repair. No bueno.

You might have better luck with the chest zip. I think part of the problem is the zipless flushes regularly (I was told to expect this and honestly didn't mind because the suit is really warm), which pulls the legs/crotch down and puts extra stress on that area.