Seems like being a Republican is kind of "done."

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I'll bet none of them can do it..........................

View attachment 117874
Well I hate them both.

but the dems didn’t try to overturn a democratic process, and then defend those insurrectionists after hiding from them in fear.

clowns, I know you’re heads are going to explode over that one. Don’t worry, already got the popcorn out.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
What I like about The Democratic Party

1) They care about most Americans. Most Americans these days are really not so well off. Do Republicans have anything at all to offer those families making less than $100,000 per year (often with both parents working), which is to say, about 80% of them? I think that good conservative economic policy – Low Taxes, Stable Money – is indeed beneficial for all levels of society. However, even as Republican support comes mostly from rural “red states,” Republican leadership seems to have a blind spot for the majority of Americans, seeing them mostly as welfare-state moochers who don’t pay enough taxes.
2) They are less enthusiastic about war. It’s true that Democrats began U.S. involvement in both World War I and World War II, and were largely responsible for the Vietnam War. However, especially in recent years, the Republican Party is plainly the pro-war party.
3) They are less aggressive about the expanding police state. The hideous Patriot Act was passed with support from both parties, but these police-state measures are particularly popular among the fascist wing of the Republican Party.
4) They care about the environment. All meaningful progress towards better environmental policy comes from the Democratic Party. A lot of these environmental ideas are bad ideas, but the Republican Party only offers criticism and resistance, not anything new or better. President Nixon is known for accomplishing a rather impressive list of environment-friendly policies, but the Republicans seem to have abandoned that tradition.
5) They are not pulling away the Safety Net when it is needed most. Despite government propaganda to the contrary, the economy stinks, and it looks like it will soon get worse. Enrollment in existing welfare programs has been soaring. A lot of this is probably undeserved, such as disability benefits given to people with no meaningful disabilities. However, the basic principle of a “safety net” should be maintained. Reforms are best saved for a time when the economy is doing well and unemployment is low.
6) They don’t like “Big Business.” When companies become large, they often gain influence over the government itself, which they use to further their interests in a fashion contrary to the principles of capitalism. They create artificial obstacles for competitors, grow fat on government contracts and corporate subsidy, acquire assets cheaply from the government and dump assets on the government at high prices, foist their losses upon the taxpayer, get special tax or regulatory deals, break laws with impunity and get only wrist-slaps even after the rare prosecution, affect trade policy and foreign policy in their favor, and tweak regulation to allow them to pursue activities that are contrary to the well-being of citizens as a whole. They are crony capitalists.
Not all large companies do this. I would say that Apple, Nike, Applebee’s, Macy’s, Marriott International and United Parcel Service are fine examples of corporate citizenship. But, a lot of large companies do, especially banks, energy companies, defense contractors, pharmaceutical companies, and the grotesque Monsanto. The crony capitalists have the Democratic party in their pocket just like the Republican party, but critics of crony capitalism (such as Noam Chomsky perhaps) find a home left of the center aisle. Although this behavior is completely contrary to conservative principles, prominent critics (like Ron Paul) are typically treated like pariahs. The Republicans have a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy regarding corporate crime.

7) They reach out to many ethnicities and cultures.
There’s nothing inherent in conservative principles that is only attractive to older white males. Many business-friendly places in the world are distinctly non-white, such as Singapore, Dubai or Panama. However, one does get the sense that the Republican Party would rather not have colored people in its country club.

8) They are good placeholders.
I don’t think that president Bill Clinton accomplished much of importance during his eight-year tenure. But, he didn’t break anything either. Sometimes, that’s the best option available.
Conservatives might look at this list as a schedule of opportunities. It is not very hard to develop an environmental program, or even a welfare program, that is in line with conservative principles (business-friendly and not too expensive). The truly great conservative parties of history – I particularly like Japan’s Liberal Democratic Party of the 1950s and 1960s – would co-opt the left-leaning opposition’s best ideas, and implement within their conservative framework. There’s a great opportunity for Republicans to implement a universal healthcare system that is actually cheaper than the roughly 8% of GDP the U.S. government already spends on healthcare – more like the 3% spent by Hong Kong and Singapore on their universal health programs. It might even have some Democratic support.
For now, we are in a time of Status Quo stasis. Like all things, this too shall pass, and I don’t think it will take too many more years to get to that point.

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021

1) They care about most Americans. Most Americans these days are really not so well off. Do Republicans have anything at all to offer those families making less than $100,000 per year (often with both parents working), which is to say, about 80% of them? I think that good conservative economic policy – Low Taxes, Stable Money – is indeed beneficial for all levels of society. However, even as Republican support comes mostly from rural “red states,” Republican leadership seems to have a blind spot for the majority of Americans, seeing them mostly as welfare-state moochers who don’t pay enough taxes.
2) They are less enthusiastic about war. It’s true that Democrats began U.S. involvement in both World War I and World War II, and were largely responsible for the Vietnam War. However, especially in recent years, the Republican Party is plainly the pro-war party.
3) They are less aggressive about the expanding police state. The hideous Patriot Act was passed with support from both parties, but these police-state measures are particularly popular among the fascist wing of the Republican Party.
4) They care about the environment. All meaningful progress towards better environmental policy comes from the Democratic Party. A lot of these environmental ideas are bad ideas, but the Republican Party only offers criticism and resistance, not anything new or better. President Nixon is known for accomplishing a rather impressive list of environment-friendly policies, but the Republicans seem to have abandoned that tradition.
5) They are not pulling away the Safety Net when it is needed most. Despite government propaganda to the contrary, the economy stinks, and it looks like it will soon get worse. Enrollment in existing welfare programs has been soaring. A lot of this is probably undeserved, such as disability benefits given to people with no meaningful disabilities. However, the basic principle of a “safety net” should be maintained. Reforms are best saved for a time when the economy is doing well and unemployment is low.
6) They don’t like “Big Business.” When companies become large, they often gain influence over the government itself, which they use to further their interests in a fashion contrary to the principles of capitalism. They create artificial obstacles for competitors, grow fat on government contracts and corporate subsidy, acquire assets cheaply from the government and dump assets on the government at high prices, foist their losses upon the taxpayer, get special tax or regulatory deals, break laws with impunity and get only wrist-slaps even after the rare prosecution, affect trade policy and foreign policy in their favor, and tweak regulation to allow them to pursue activities that are contrary to the well-being of citizens as a whole. They are crony capitalists.
Not all large companies do this. I would say that Apple, Nike, Applebee’s, Macy’s, Marriott International and United Parcel Service are fine examples of corporate citizenship. But, a lot of large companies do, especially banks, energy companies, defense contractors, pharmaceutical companies, and the grotesque Monsanto. The crony capitalists have the Democratic party in their pocket just like the Republican party, but critics of crony capitalism (such as Noam Chomsky perhaps) find a home left of the center aisle. Although this behavior is completely contrary to conservative principles, prominent critics (like Ron Paul) are typically treated like pariahs. The Republicans have a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy regarding corporate crime.

7) They reach out to many ethnicities and cultures. There’s nothing inherent in conservative principles that is only attractive to older white males. Many business-friendly places in the world are distinctly non-white, such as Singapore, Dubai or Panama. However, one does get the sense that the Republican Party would rather not have colored people in its country club.

8) They are good placeholders. I don’t think that president Bill Clinton accomplished much of importance during his eight-year tenure. But, he didn’t break anything either. Sometimes, that’s the best option available.
Conservatives might look at this list as a schedule of opportunities. It is not very hard to develop an environmental program, or even a welfare program, that is in line with conservative principles (business-friendly and not too expensive). The truly great conservative parties of history – I particularly like Japan’s Liberal Democratic Party of the 1950s and 1960s – would co-opt the left-leaning opposition’s best ideas, and implement within their conservative framework. There’s a great opportunity for Republicans to implement a universal healthcare system that is actually cheaper than the roughly 8% of GDP the U.S. government already spends on healthcare – more like the 3% spent by Hong Kong and Singapore on their universal health programs. It might even have some Democratic support.
For now, we are in a time of Status Quo stasis. Like all things, this too shall pass, and I don’t think it will take too many more years to get to that point.

You seriously took the time to type this sh!t up?

# 2 #3 # 6 were more funny that Dave Chappelle's latest release on Netflix. Which after watching it last night, wasn't so bad after all.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

7) They reach out to many ethnicities and cultures.
There’s nothing inherent in conservative principles that is only attractive to older white males. Many business-friendly places in the world are distinctly non-white, such as Singapore, Dubai or Panama. However, one does get the sense that the Republican Party would rather not have colored people in its country club.

8) They are good placeholders.
I don’t think that president Bill Clinton accomplished much of importance during his eight-year tenure. But, he didn’t break anything either. Sometimes, that’s the best option available.
Imagine believing this

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I'm not trolling. I'm a Democrat true believer. The list of positives is volumes. If Republicans had their sh!t together I'd be a Republican... but no one here identifies as Republican, so not sure why I'm mentioning it. Every time I vote the legitimate candidates are D or R. I vote D. None of y'all identify as R, which is whatever.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm not trolling. I'm a Democrat true believer. The list of positives is volumes. If Republicans had their sh!t together I'd be a Republican... but no one here identifies as Republican, so not sure why I'm mentioning it. Every time I vote the legitimate candidates are D or R. I vote D. None of y'all identify as R, which is whatever.
I appreciate your idealism

However it’s just that

There is zero difference between the two parties

Reactions: Rlacey111

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
a dem is like the mean girl who pretends to be nice then gossips behind your back
the republican an obnoxious bully who shouts obscenities in your face

pick your poison
libs are some of the most effeminate men around, the women have more cajones.
this alone makes them more dislikable, and on top of that they want to give more of your money to the poor

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
we're all the government
Not anymore, you mentioned things like the Patriot act in your post, yet you still think "we're all the government". We've been left behind dude.

The sad thing is you mention a lot of good stuff to have a problem with, enough for me to find it completely reasonable agree with you on good amount of stuff. But yet youre still stuck in the left-right paradigm, then say stuff like "none of you identify as republican" like that's some sort of bad thing.Your emotional bias has found away to declare yourself a winner, by picking what you consider to be the better actors on the grand stage. Making you feel justified in your decision to identify with what you consider to be the lesser of the two evils

The funny thing is, you keep finding way to separate the two based on some sort of emotional purity test. You clearly don't like how government operates, but you want to blame it on someone or a group of people. Im guessing its because you want to have hope that your vote still matters and the government still acts in the best interest of the people. Which is understandable, but foolish. It seems you understand this though and just can't go all the way.

I guess at least the democrats are better "placeholders"... that's the most assbackwards thing that someone tried to pass off as a serious statement, that 've read on here in awhile, and truly funny.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot