Album Surfboards

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Nothing "BAD" in that conversation

There are other builders who have or had wealthy backers , showing huge overhead and lifestyles not matching surfboard income .

Its Surfboard World - that was the point

0 Evil , 0 Bad

Completely separate conversation from the mentioning of Album to another builder and his comments- view point-observations- which were fun to hear

Feb 3, 2015
LA County
Whats the final verdict on sizing a twinsman? (I know the site says 1-3 liters more but curious what went well) My DD is just under 28 liters these days. Thanks in advance

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
My TM is 32 liters and my normal DD is 31. I'm 6'0 and my TM is stock 5'8. Feels perfect for me and I love it.
I'd be more concerned with length than volume. I'd suggest sizing it length-wise like a Dumpster Diver / Stubby.

I am probably going to order another one, 5'8 but add some thickness and/or width. I am also intrigued by the round tail.

Last edited:

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
I have been slowly narrowing in on boards/dimensions that work for me. Slowly is the incorrect word as I have YOLOed several boards over the year with a bit of one step forward and two steps backward. I am nearing 50, and going for it now before it is too late :)! By no means, do I feel 50. As I realize more and more, most of my boards were/are either too long or too wide. Once I started getting more right-sized my surfing progressed significantly.

As much I will likely be better off with bigger board, nothing is more enjoyable than the feel of the shortboard.

Last week, I got 5' 4" Varial Plasmic and holy crap has this board been super fun. The sizing inherently works with my feet position. I thought my feet position worked on other boards, I stand corrected. It is like a switch went off, I am able to push into the board and make solid turns and generate speed. My motions are the same, but the smaller board unlocked the potential. I am beyond stoked at the moment :)!