Different strains....

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Subway I have a great friend who has MS. He used weed to control his condition. Half my grow every year goes to him.

Due to his condition he can’t roll good joints anymore. he bought a machine that rolls perfect joints for him,
crazy looking thing. Like the rinsekit of joint rolling hahahahah let me see if I can find a link
With weed becoming legal, I’d think there’d be a big market for a quality joint rolling machine
Smoking irritates my throat too much, so I almost solely vape
Plus I get high alone, and dont need to smoke a whole joint. I’m more of a hit or 2, and I’m good
So joints are kind of a waste for me anyway

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
My buddy keeps one of those prerolls that come in glass tubes in his car. He will light it up adn take a few tokes pre surf. Then back in the glass tube.

I give him endless sh!t about it hahaha

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Nope!! I take dabs with this electric temp controlled rig
View attachment 117841
these kids and their fancy electamatronic smoking contraptions. harrumph.

what're you gonna do if the power goes out? ever think of that mr. smarty pants?

oh, how i long for simpler times...

back in my day we smoked weed that was mostly stems and seeds. it came in bricks that had been trampled by donkey's and smuggled across the boarder in someones butthole. if you were lucky enough to get some homegrown it was Alaskan Thunderfck, AK47 or Trainwreck. there was none if this Girl Scout Cookie, White Runtz, goo goo, gaa gaa baby sh1t they're peddling now.

purple colors? frost? a proper cure? bah! what a bunch of nonsense. and don't even get me started on vaping! what the hell kind of namby pamby bullsh!t is this? it's like fcking with 3 condoms on, you can't feel a thing.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

what're you gonna do if the power goes out? ever think of that mr. smarty pants?
roll a joint, eat some gummy’s, take a regular bong hit, use a torch to heat up a quartz nail, make a gravity bong, apple pipe, glass pipe, potato pipe, wooden pipe

:roflmao:

i too remember the brick dirt weed days. we had a pile of bush weed on a surf trip, none of the younger guys could deal with rolling joints. They couldn’t separate seeds, fuckers are spoiled from growing up with green.
Had to teach the youngsters the old shoebox lid trick when us older dudes got sick of rolling all the joints.

and Thunderfuck! That brings back good memories

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and Aruka

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Alcohol my friend. Alcohol.

I simply cannot wrap my lips around such filth!

:shameonyou:

That'll make you sick, eventually.

Clean glass, only way to go. Change water every three tokes MAX!
Clean daily.

:waving::shaka:

Subway, there's the little cigarette roling machines, they roll a perfect doob. Also, the PPK method, sushi rolling mats.

:shrug:
best brand of said device? There are many on the market. I want one of those idiot proof hand crank things where you put your grind in one compartment, the paper in the other, pull the handle, and out pops the perfect doobie

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY

oh, how i long for simpler times...

back in my day we smoked weed that was mostly stems and seeds. it came in bricks that had been trampled by donkey's and smuggled across the boarder in someones butthole. if you were lucky enough to get some homegrown it was Alaskan Thunderfck, AK47 or Trainwreck. there was none if this Girl Scout Cookie, White Runtz, goo goo, gaa gaa baby sh1t they're peddling now.

purple colors? frost? a proper cure? bah! what a bunch of nonsense. and don't even get me started on vaping! what the hell kind of namby pamby bullsh!t is this? it's like fcking with 3 condoms on, you can't feel a thing.
And it was fucking uphill both ways in the snow goddamit!

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I suggest learning how to roll with Club no-glue papers. They're tricky without the glue but they are super clean papers and they allow you to really taste the 'strain'. Trick is you have to tear the edge before you 'wet it and stick it' so to speak..
See I’ve even tried things like this over the years. Like, sit down with an ounce, a pack of small really thin and difficult papers, and rolled and rolled, and still, even a standard size Bambu comes out looking like a firm, authoritative, but slightly bent pecker that gets pointy at both ends

:foreheadslap::ban:

• Haha
Reactions: Icu812 and Boneroni

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Is there something wrong with smoking the chron from a bong?
Nope. I somehow, as if the god of the sea himself had decreed it, have held onto the same 2 foot glass bong (not Pyrex or whatever, real glass) since October of freshman year, 1997. Through countless moves over the years. Moves both plannned, and moves made in the haste and cloak of night; the chaos of my life… but goddamit if Poseidon (the bongs name, of course) doesn’t still survive to this day, and is in fact used at least a few times a year, if only for the ritualistic and symbolic nature of the act. I keep a glass one footer next to the coffee mugs for casual regular use. All the drunken and drug abusing nonsense of college, my 20s and early 30s, and somehow, Poseidon lives on unscathed. A bit weathered, perhaps, and even a bit patina’d, as is only natural and right, but only gets prettier with age. That’s a 25 year old glass bong maties. Some of of y’all may even have grand kids that age

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Nope. I somehow, as if the god of the sea himself had decreed it, have held onto the same 2 foot glass bong (not Pyrex or whatever, real glass) since October of freshman year, 1997. Through countless moves over the years. Moves both plannned, and moves made in the haste and cloak of night; the chaos of my life… but goddamit if Poseidon (the bongs name, of course) doesn’t still survive to this day, and is in fact used at least a few times a year, if only for the ritualistic and symbolic nature of the act. I keep a glass one footer next to the coffee mugs for casual regular use. All the drunken and drug abusing nonsense of college, my 20s and early 30s, and somehow, Poseidon lives on unscathed. A bit weathered, perhaps, and even a bit patina’d, as is only natural and right, but only gets prettier with age. That’s a 25 year old glass bong maties. Some of of y’all may even have grand kids that age
I have the exact same bong stem and one hit bowl thingy that goes with it that I got at a "head shop" down by the Newport pier over 30 years ago. The only thing that changes are the Gatorade bottles that I keep moving said bong stem to once the old Gatorade bottle gets all resin'd up.
That reminds me.. I'm do to swap out the current for a new one. :)

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I have the exact same bong stem and one hit bowl thingy that goes with it that I got at a "head shop" down by the Newport pier over 30 years ago. The only thing that changes are the Gatorade bottles that I keep moving said bong stem to once the old Gatorade bottle gets all resin'd up.
That reminds me.. I'm do to swap out the current for a new one. :)
5666D88A-EEF3-4459-BF4D-D9F227AA2A6A.jpeg
Pedialyte bottle. Clean with boiling water and tie wire for the stem. Fish bones and shells work if you wanna go organic.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Anyone have a good answer why Sativa is different than Indica? The dispensaries advertise THC content of the strains, but not much info on CBD or terps. I think they must get THC levels tested for legal reasons, but don't bother with other test because it's expensive. But for example, if a Sativa is 30% THC and an Indica is 30% THC, then is should be about the same stoneyness, unless of course the other cannabinoids and terps have entourage effects not yet documented on the labels. You can kind of tell what the effects will be based on your nose picking up the terps, but for the most part its just test it for yourself. It's a bit of a crapshoot these days. I wish they would just git rid of the b.s. marketing names. Like tobacco for example, you can get a habana seed grown in Nica, but it tastes different than a Habana grown in Cuba because of the environment. So when picking cigars I look at the tobaccos that were used in the blend and where they were grown. OG should mean ocean gown on the pacific, but when I hear it's some sh!t swamp weed from florida, it's like why bother calling it OG. I can't trust labels anymore, it might say humbolt grown or whatever, but most likely grown in warehouse using sewer water.

Reactions: keenfish

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's something very cheap (<$4) and highly efficacious for all you potheads.

You'll need a hammer and nail and a SOBE bottle, as well as one of these:
https://1percent.com/male-bowl-nickel.html (79 cents)
and if memory serves, a small o-ring like one of these

Empty the bottle. There is an obvious weak spot near the base of the bottle. Lightly tap with a nail until a small hole is made.

Rinse the bottle well.

Tap a hole in the metal cap with the nail. Insert the bowl into the hole in the cap while maintain a snug a fit as possible. Secure from the bottom of the cap w/ the o-ring.

Pack the bowl, cover the bottle hole with your finger, fill the bottle. Screw the cap on, light, take your finger off the hole and let it drain and draw the smoke into the bottle. You can use your finger to have excellent control over the amount of water released and thus the draw.

You will be so baked.

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Here's something very cheap (<$4) and highly efficacious for all you potheads.

You'll need a hammer and nail and a SOBE bottle, as well as one of these:
https://1percent.com/male-bowl-nickel.html (79 cents)
and if memory serves, a small o-ring like one of these

Empty the bottle. There is an obvious weak spot near the base of the bottle. Lightly tap with a nail until a small hole is made.

Rinse the bottle well.

Tap a hole in the metal cap with the nail. Insert the bowl into the hole in the cap while maintain a snug a fit as possible. Secure from the bottom of the cap w/ the o-ring.

Pack the bowl, cover the bottle hole with your finger, fill the bottle. Screw the cap on, light, take your finger off the hole and let it drain and draw the smoke into the bottle. You can use your finger to have excellent control over the amount of water released and thus the draw.

You will be so baked.

I made a gravity bong with an internal percolator, same sort of concept. Let me find a pic thing was awesome