Can we talk about critical race theory?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
West Side Story 2: Karens and the Feds

She'd need to pudge up and wear a blonde wig but I could see Rita Moreno tearing the sh!t out of some poor FBI agent.

It's only a matter of time before someone markets a ball gag called "The Manager".

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
The division is by design. People without kids showing up at schools and causing a ruckus.

Just like anti vaxxers and anti maskers.

They’re exploiting freedom, patriotism, nationalism, and jingoism for division. Not saying there is a problem with freedom or patriotism or we should enact limits here, but realize it can be exploited. :shrug:

”It’s an op”

Isaac Stanley-Becker writes in the Post:

The letter sounds passionate and personal.
It is motivated, the author explains, by a desire to “speak up for what is best for my kids.” And it fervently conveys the author’s feelings to school leaders: “I do not believe little kids should be forced to wear masks, and I urge you to adopt a policy that allows parental choice on this matter for the upcoming school year.”

But the heartfelt appeal is not the product of a grass roots groundswell. Rather, it is a template drafted and circulated this week within a conservative network built on the scaffolding of the Koch fortune and the largesse of other GOP megadonors.

That makes the document, which was obtained by The Washington Post, the latest salvo in an inflamed debate over mask requirements in schools, which have become the epicenter of partisan battles over everything from gender identity to critical race theory. The political melee engulfing educators has complicated efforts to reopen schools safely during a new wave of the virus brought on by the highly transmissible delta variant.

The document offers a rare glimpse into the inner workings of a well-financed conservative campaign to undermine regulations that health authorities say are necessary to contain the coronavirus. The frustration of many parents who want a greater say is deeply felt, school superintendents say. But their anger is also being fueled by organized activists whose influence is ordinarily veiled.

Conservative groups are trying to throw public schools into turmoil and discredit them. We have yet to see them inveighing against vaccines for polio, smallpox, measles, etc. If children get COVID, are hospitalized, and worse, this is the result of their cynical effort to make Public schools unsafe and expose children to danger.

If only it were possible to hold them accountable for endangering other people’s children.

This is the letter that the conservative Independent Women’s Forum has circulated:

Dear _____: NAME is excited to be joining NAME OF SCHOOL this year. But I want to share my thoughts on a topic I feel strongly about: masks on kids. I do not believe little kids should be forced to wear masks, and I urge you to adopt a policy that allows parental choice on this matter for the upcoming school year. I know you have to make a lot of tough decisions and you can’t please everyone. I have a world of respect for you and I am aware that some in the community may not agree with my perspective. It’s my view that emotion and politics (from both sides!) have driven alot of policy choices during the pandemic at nearly every level of government… that’s too bad. I’ll try to be brief but here are a few points that summarize my reasons for not supporting mandatory masks for young children:

●It’s a great blessing that COVID doesn’t pose as serious a health risk to children as it does to adults. Critically, young kids do not significantly spread COVID either. Furthermore, now that the adults in our community (teachers, school staff, parents and family members) have had a chance to get vaccinated, the risk to adults of serious illness from COVID infection is even smaller.

A study out of the UK released last week proved—once again—what we’ve known for more than a year:Kids transmit the coronavirus at a much lower rate than do adults. Epidemiologist Shamez Ladhani, who led the study, found that children “aren’t taking [the virus] home and then transferring it to the community. These kids have very little capacity to infect household members.”

●We do not yet know enough about the potential downside of mask-wearing for young children. I think you could make a case for or against masking kids (which is why I support parents making the choice either way), but if masking is to be mandated, the onus is on those putting a mandate in place to show that masking passes a risk-benefit analysis. This area merits more study, but common sense tells us that covering the face can come with problems.

Masking kids is associated with: increases in anxiety and depression;decreases in communication and socialization skill development; increases in headaches, face rashes and redness, and impaired facial recognition; and increases in tooth decay.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
All that sh!t is fine, even though I disagree with it. I think the FBI is not so much interested in investigating people who disagree reasonably as opposed to off-the-rails people like this:

• Haha

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
All that sh!t is fine, even though I disagree with it. I think the FBI is not so much interested in investigating people who disagree reasonably as opposed to off-the-rails people like this:

BE SCARED OF IDLE THREATS FROM KARENS

ps elected officials need to realize there are consequences for they actions. They are our servants, not our leaders

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
A History Major who cannot handle the reality of history because it makes white people look bad. LOL
I didn't think it was possible but you're getting more retarded

Did you share your handle with Fecal?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Aunt Crabby has a little bit of a basic math problem with that one...

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I didn't think it was possible but you're getting more retarded

Did you share your handle with Fecal?
Just stop, you are the most misguided and delusional poster here, remember when you said the Antebellum era was when America was at its best?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Just stop, you are the most misguided and delusional poster here, remember when you said the Antebellum era was when America was at its best?
No, i don't remember that because I didn't say it.

Or you're taking something massively out of context

So yes, proving you shared your handle with Fecal

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
No, i don't remember that because I didn't say it.

Or you're taking something massively out of context

So yes, proving you shared your handle with Fecal
Deny, deny, deny as always. It is a real pathological for you, even goes so far changing the accepted meaning of words so you will not have to admit being wrong, red pill=partial lobotomy.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Deny, deny, deny as always. It is a real pathological for you, even goes so far changing the accepted meaning of words so you will not have to admit being wrong, red pill=partial lobotomy.
Holy sh!t, I'm being gaslit now

You can NEVER say anything about changing the accepted meaning of words as long as you continue to align where you do

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Back to the subject at hand, are you really so delusional and misguided that you think Critical Race Theory is about teaching the history of the Civil Rights Movement?

Wow

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Holy sh!t, I'm being gaslit now

You can NEVER say anything about changing the accepted meaning of words as long as you continue to align where you do
How so? Remember when you had your panties in a twist about Michigan banning people from mowing own lawns? You were proven wrong and refused to admit it? One example of many.

• Haha

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Back to the subject at hand, are you really so delusional and misguided that you think Critical Race Theory is about teaching the history of the Civil Rights Movement?

Wow
Well since it only being taught in high level college courses, it is non issue. But keep screeching the right wing talking points like very stupid sheep.

• Haha