*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Family friend is a Thoracic Surgeon down in Floriduh. Just made a post on FB celebrating the release of a 29yr old pregnant mother after a 9wk run on an ECMO...

”29 year old pregnant patient with COVID pneumonia - finally successfully weaned off ECMO after 9 weeks. Congrats to an amazing ECMO team.

49D7B68F-F889-4675-85AF-5C8762B5B037.jpeg

Also not pictured, the other 50 cv surgeons, PAs, gynos, critical care docs, RTs, NPs and icu nurses. Most importantly the 5 perfusionists who sat at the bedside 24/7 for 9 weeks keeping that machine running (while simultaneously allowing us to run 3 cardiac ORs)”

Thats a lot of manpower and resources going to one woman and her fetus for a virus that supposedly only kills old people. Why didn’t they just give her ivermectin?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
This isn’t in reply to any specific comment, just a thought, but I have a FAR easier time trusting that big pharma is trying it’s best to attack this thing. Yes they are for profit but the Government is all about control and covering up their countless transgressions and violations of the public’s trust. No matter what the crisis de jour may be….At least a profit motive is transparent and dead patients can’t pay for their other meds that big pharma profits so much from

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
This isn’t in reply to any specific comment, just a thought, but I have a FAR easier time trusting that big pharma is trying it’s best to attack this thing. Yes they are for profit but the Government is all about control and covering up their countless transgressions and violations of the public’s trust. No matter what the crisis de jour may be….At least a profit motive is transparent and dead patients can’t pay for their other meds that big pharma profits so much from
U trust big pharma a LOT more than I do, that's for sure.
:shaka:

Reactions: Kaido

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
This. Statins, case in point :foreheadslap:
Yeah my Dad had the same distrust of statins, and passed it on to me. He did die of a heart attack at only 70, but he had massive heart issues going all the way back to inhaling Agent Orange for 18 months during his TOD in Vietnam in the late 60's, and it was actually Mud Dauber venom which caused his heart to clog up and stop, so it wasn't even a "heart attack" compared to the more common use of the term, like a myocardial infarction or whatever. His dad died of a heart attack too, but at a much later age. My doc wants me to at least consider statins because my "bad" cholesterol is literally only like 5 points above what's considered "normal", and of course my family history. luck, genetics, and lifestyle will play a far larger role in my heart's longevity than taking statins for the next several decades. And of those 3 factors, only 1 can I control, and I live a vigorous and healthy lifestyle full of heart-healthy HIIT exercise and quality food on all fronts. I even got one of those calcium PT scans or whatever they're called, and again, my score came back on that test at a 29. a 29. You know what the threshold is for medical concern? 400+. But still, my doc is like "well, your score is not 0, so I'd still like you to at least consider Statins"...Anyway, I'm going to take ALL of those test results and go to a semi-famous cardiologist and see what he thinks

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Would you please embellish a bit more on your comment ~
(Statin user <----- here)
I remember Statin's being discussed here before but ............. and off topic :shrug:
We never get off topic on the erBB :shameonyou:

Yeah. They want people to be dependent, not dead (or healthy).
I think the best way to see that is to look at how other countries with different incentive structures treat US pharmaceuticals. Mostly, they've been buying and using our vaccines but they don't seem to be vaccinating people under the age of 18 the way we are. There's definitely some regulatory capture here. It will be interested to watch "booster" uptake in foreign countries since by all measurements the original doses are working just fine unless you're old. Aduhelm is another one to watch. It will probably be prescribed here, it probably won't elsewhere. A counter-example is SSRIs which are prescribed mostly on junk science based on demand create by advertisements and doctor's desire to "do something" for depressed patients. Advertising is powerful. There is a lot of demand from patients pulling the regulatory agencies and supply.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
you should read "Bionomics"
"Depicting economic history as an unstoppable evolutionary process that drives social change, the author theorizes that capitalism is the inevitable way in which human society organizes itself for survival in a world of limited resources."

:shameonyou:

Nah!

Capitalism vs Limited Resources only means few get much and many get naught.

Flawed theory to begin with, imho.

:shrug: