Geezers who surf.

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
been doing the paddle out in dark thing due to fucking work. Normally prefer "loser hour" 9:30-11:30 when everyone who works is working. That is shot now due to covid vanlife fucker, seems with the cold less people are out early now.
I've always referred to the 10am to 12pm shift as "Gentleman's Hours". Late enough to clear morning emails and early enough to miss the lunch crowd. If days are long enough and work obligations aren't pressing, also gives you plenty of time to get a second session in at sunset with the unwashed masses.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Massive respect for those surfing into their 60s and 70s (and beyond).

I really hope to do the same. So far so good. Many times it would be easy to quit but hell no. I don't get to surf as much as I'd like these days but when I go, it's still fun and that's what counts. Knees are getting a little creaky lately.

A warm water surf trip sounds nice. Four three-week ones even better!

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Cool vid. I can only hope I am still in good physical shape when I retire to surf a wave like G Land. Just gotta keep surfing mostly crap waves and traveling until I can relocate again once my kids go through HS. One thing I noticed with skating was as soon as I stopped skating on regular basis I lost a lot quick.
warm water and perfect surf sure helps - where is his home break, btw? also, is getting a boat ride out to the line-up standard for G-Land? that wouldn't hurt either, especially in bigger surf..

Reactions: flyinraptr