Inflation

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Same here. I'm selling cars and consolidating. I want to unwind everything in the next 3-5 years and just fish. A friend of mine retired at 59 a couple years ago. I went to visit him over the summer and you could smell the stench of well being coming off him. He sold everything, paid cash for a house in Bonita Springs on a golf course with a private marina in his neighborhood and bought a boat. He says retiring early caused him to make a few lifestyle concessions but looking back he said it's unbelievable how unimportant "stuff" is.
Something like 40% of the working population is considering career change or retiring.

Pretty tempted to FIRE and do something else. Took on a massive Christian school obligation since the public schools are collapsing, which keeps me in the same job for now though I'm trying to figure out an exit.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm getting out and putting some money in to crypto for fun and waiting until after the new year

Christmas is going to be weird, people will miss numbers, markets will get wobbly

should learn how to reload ammo and pick kelp at low tide

I like eating the bugs, comrades!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
When you exit the Caloosahatchee into the gulf how far do you have to go to get on Snapper or grouper?

My buddy has a 282 Sportsman and loves it. Says it's plenty of boat for what he needs. I remember looking at the depth at one point and we were in 18 inches of water with the trolling motor moving us along.
Right time of year and right species you can probably get them in the Pine Island Sound. But they'll be mangrove snappers in the 12 inch range, or maybe some barely keeper or undersized grouper that you'll yank out from under docks.

If you head out between Fort Myers and Sanibel, you're kind of tucked back in a corner.
Farther North in that zone off Boca Grande it's under 10 miles to 50 feet of water. South of Sanibel it's a bit shallower, and it's more like 10-15 to 50 feet, and 35-50 to 100 feet. The fish tend to move in/out with the season. I would think 20-30-ish is a good starting point, as "known" numbers closer in tend to get heavily pressured.

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Right time of year and right species you can probably get them in the Pine Island Sound. But they'll be mangrove snappers in the 12 inch range, or maybe some barely keeper or undersized grouper that you'll yank out from under docks.

If you head out between Fort Myers and Sanibel, you're kind of tucked back in a corner.
Farther North in that zone off Boca Grande it's under 10 miles to 50 feet of water. South of Sanibel it's a bit shallower, and it's more like 10-15 to 50 feet, and 35-50 to 100 feet. The fish tend to move in/out with the season. I would think 20-30-ish is a good starting point, as "known" numbers closer in tend to get heavily pressured.
Back in 2014 when I was pretty broke, my good friends moved down to FL from Upstate NY and got an apartment with me in Naples where I was working at Golf course and got them jobs. So we were all pretty broke that summer waiting for season to come.

We fished under and around the Marco Island Bridge all summer long, catching mainly Greys and Sheepshead. We had pretty good luck fishing the beaches too. We had fish damn near every night it seemed, man that was a great summer with da boys. Blunts, golf and fishing everyday after work.

Reactions: Hump and afoaf

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Same here. I'm selling cars and consolidating. I want to unwind everything in the next 3-5 years and just fish. A friend of mine retired at 59 a couple years ago. I went to visit him over the summer and you could smell the stench of well being coming off him. He sold everything, paid cash for a house in Bonita Springs on a golf course with a private marina in his neighborhood and bought a boat. He says retiring early caused him to make a few lifestyle concessions but looking back he said it's unbelievable how unimportant "stuff" is.
Is your friend in Bonita Bay? I've played damn near every course in the Naples area

I no longer live there but My grandpa lives in one of the 55 and older communities over in Bonita Springs. I get over there a decent amount when he's down here. I like the area, especially Estero where I lived last, but its unbelievable how crowded it gets in season over there.

If you in Bonita Springs again but get skunked fishing. Grandpas Pizza and Buffalo Chips has some great food. Buffalo chips is a Buffalo Bills backer bar and has the best wings in Florida

Reactions: VonMeister

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Is your friend in Bonita Bay? I've played damn near every course in the Naples area

I no longer live there but My grandpa lives in one of the 55 and older communities over in Bonita Springs. I get over there a decent amount when he's down here. I like the area, especially Estero where I lived last, but its unbelievable how crowded it gets in season over there.

If you in Bonita Springs again but get skunked fishing. Grandpas Pizza and Buffalo Chips has some great food. Buffalo chips is a Buffalo Bills backer bar and has the best wings in Florida
Yes Bonita Bay. I'll be back there is December again so we will give the restaurant a try for sure.

Reactions: Rlacey111

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
all luxuy products

bacon same price in the market

produce same price in the market

shampoo prices always fluctuate....I buy the dips!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
all luxuy products

bacon same price in the market

produce same price in the market

shampoo prices always fluctuate....I buy the dips!
Beef is for sure way up. Chicken a bit.

Beware of shrinkflation with packaged products, it's a lot tougher to notice. Like those tubes of toothpaste at the dollar store that are the dimensions of a pencil :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: afoaf and PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My Lebanese neighbors are concerned. One mentioned the skyrocketing cost of rent and massive price hikes at Home Depot. They know what's going on in Lebanon
We all agree it's transitory, but what are the magnitude of the transitions along the x and y axis?

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Did anyone take you up on this bet back in July? If so, how much are you in the hole? You going to pay in July $$$ or December $$$?

Gas has gone down 10 to 20 cents in the past couple of weeks. Talked to a realtor friend tonight - the rise in real estate prices is starting to slow.

I'll bet by the end of the year inflation will be easing substantially.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and PRCD

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
My sisters get chicken from them.

It's food for rich people.

(I just eat a lot of beans)

:roflmao:

I tried growing sweet potatoes.

FAIL!

I tried to grow poppies

FAIL!

Farming is hard!

There is an upside to the division of labor.

Some people have no problem raising animals and having relationship and then killing them for food.

#Ican'tbeyourfriendandtheneatyou.

It's like knowing a guy who's wife you are F'ing.

I can't do it.
I just took a load of muscovy ducks up to a local poultry place for slaughter and processing.

I didn't kill them, so that was easy.

as was filling the freezer up with processed duck carcasses to eat.

Reactions: PRCD