Has Chris Rock been canceled?

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
What field?
Fused pipe for a variety of applications but mostly for water and sewer. The company I worked for has a propriety blend of PVC that is fusible. The market leader was and still is fusible high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe. The HDPE guys hated us at the time as we were disrupting their industry and they would go out their way to smear us any way they could.
They tried to sue us for some thing or another and we got all of their emails as part of the discovery process and found some damning, for them, emails regarding collusion and other dirty tricks they had done and were planning to do. It blew up in their face and a couple of real pieces of work lost their jobs. Good times....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Fused pipe for a variety of applications but mostly for water and sewer. The company I worked for has a propriety blend of PVC that is fusible. The market leader was and still is fusible high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe. The HDPE guys hated us at the time as we were disrupting their industry and they would go out their way to smear us any way they could.
They tried to sue us for some thing or another and we got all of their emails as part of the discovery process and found some damning, for them, emails regarding collusion and other dirty tricks they had done and were planning to do. It blew up in their face and a couple of real pieces of work lost their jobs. Good times....
that's pretty fkn rad!

this is basically the modern equivalent of thunderdome

it's kind of fun to be in the middle of

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Okay, the emails came out because there was some kind of investigation about a toxic environment in the NFL.

I get it.

Opps.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Did you watch Patriot?

I liked that show.

They always cancel the ones I like

Reactions: Aruka

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Okay, the emails came out because there was some kind of investigation about a toxic environment in the NFL.

I get it.

Opps.
Funny thing is that... what's happening to the actual Redskins organization?

I'm guessing the rest of the NFL East is pushing back saying NO keep the dumpster fire intact for 2 easy wins.

Reactions: hal9000

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I am left-leaning in my politics. I voted for Joe Biden and would do it again in a heartbeat. I am also not offended by Dave Chapelle or any of his comedy. That sh1t is hilarious. That article is telling people why they should be offended. I disagree with the article. Everyone takes everything too seriously these days. There is stuff worth taking seriously, but these culture war issues ain't it.
If I laughed it was out of incredulity at the sadness of it all. The European invaders know nothing of culture war. There are indigenous Americans still eating the pre-Columbian cuisines of their ancient ancestors--tortillas, tamales, barbacoa
DC got his feelings hurt for being misunderstood.

His thesis is gays get a bigger bang for their buck playing the victim than black people.

I don't know if this is true.

He thinks it.

If it's true can he say it?

You really get a sense of him having his feelings hurt by what he thinks is unfair treatment and that makes it hard to be funny.

If you do taboo humor is better be fucking funny.
I like it when comedians attack their intended audiences. Some of the jokes (a lot of them, actually) become variations on the same morbid themes over and over. Seinfeld was similarly confused about humor, may still be. Maher has made it part of his schtick to attack his audience.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Taboo humor relies on a sympathetic audience.

So does Juvenalian satire.

You can't really do Juvenalian satire without being attacked by an unsympathetic audience who will have access to the show via social media.

I think you just have to get on with it and let the haters hate.

Comedians using taboo humor is the least of our problems.

Rogan is another one who got his feelings hurt when the left came after him.

I think he is operating in good faith but just making bad choices sometimes.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
What was common and relatively inoffensive 20 years ago will be considered hate and get you fired today.

The question is, who decides what is hate, what objective criteria do they use, and who decides and doles out the punishment?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
for me it was just boring.

I wasnt offended and an a long time fan but this was very much “old man yells at cloud” from the simpsons.

he already spent like half of his last special complaining about lgbt stuff
He severely lacked humility and it's just plain weird that he dedicated the entire standup to defending himself about the transgender issue.

I loled maybe 3 times. The glory hole joke was funny. Cumming on preist's face, sure.

His arrogance is just too much for me.
Is bragging about "leaving $15 million on the bus" and how charitable he is, supposed to be funny?

Pretending not to know what punching down means while being paid millions to stand up on stage with his initials covered in diamonds and gold, hanging around his neck, while dedicating an hour of what he was paid by Netflix to protest his innocence and tell us how he was being a victim of misunderstanding.

The whole Dafne anecdote, while touching, it wasn't a joke or funny.
It existed just to make himself look good.
It's like when white people say "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" and then expect everybody to disregard their actions.

The whole thing is lame.
He used to be funny, his show was funny.
His ego took over it seems.

Like Auto said, if you're going to do taboo humor, it better be fucking funny. DC was displaying no humility, he was the hero of every "joke"/rant.
(See: Louis CK clip for reference)

Also, Im with Autoprax, Space Jews, what? :unsure:
Not offensive, just unfunny, poorly constructed joke with no punch line or twist.

There, @Random Guy

Last edited:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
that's pretty fkn rad!

this is basically the modern equivalent of thunderdome

it's kind of fun to be in the middle of
Oh, it was full on thunderdome. Because we were the only ones with this formulation of PVC and that PVC has several advantages over HDPE, we'd often get pretty big sole source projects. It would drive them nuts and they would pull all kinds of stunts to try and get the bids tossed. Once in a while performing final checks prior to hydro testing a string of pipe, we'd find the nuts on the end caps loosened or a gash in the pipe wall. It was fun at times and we had some epic battles.

• Wow
Reactions: Waterlogged05

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
He severely lacked humility and it's just plain weird that he dedicated the entire standup to defending himself about the transgender issue.

I loled maybe 3 times. The glory hole joke was funny. Cumming on preist's face, sure.

Is bragging about "leaving $15 million on the bus" and how charitable he is, supposed to be funny?

Pretending not to know what punching down means while being paid millions to stand up on stage with his initials covered in diamonds and gold, hanging around his neck, while dedicating an hour of what he was paid by Netflix to protest his innocence and tell us how he was being a victim of misunderstanding.

It's like when white people say "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" and then expect everybody to disregard their actions.

The whole thing is lame.

Like Auto said, if you're going to do taboo humor, it better be fucking funny. DC was displaying no humility, he was the hero of every "joke"/rant.

Not offensive, just unfunny, poorly constructed joke with no punch line or twist.

There, @Random Guy
Yeah, that’s fair and reasonable

Reactions: plasticbertrand

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

The whole thing is lame.

There, @Random Guy
you make good points about the virtue signaling

I question the whole Dafne (Daphne?[lazy]) thing, but the overarching point that the beast eats it's own tail is valid, IMO

also, fk off, the space jews joke is great!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
:roflmao:

It's too meta for me, maybe.

I was expecting it to be a jab at Israel and was wondering where he's going with it but then he left it kind of open ended.
humans left earth, went to space, decided they want to come back to earth so they kick all of us (palestinians) out

like, the early space humans are the jews who left and then came back to israel

and we're the muslins that get punched down upon by the space humans jews

it was pretty fkn clear cut and was a good Israel burn

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
humans left earth, went to space, decided they want to come back to earth so they kick all of us (palestinians) out

like, the early space humans are the jews who left and then came back to israel

and we're the muslins that get punched down upon by the space humans jews

it was pretty fkn clear cut and was a good Israel burn
I've got that much out of it but maybe because I was waiting for a punchline that never came, I didn't lol.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it was an off-tempo deadpan thing....that's my favorite

the side zinger that hits more than the main thread