Has Chris Rock been canceled?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin [sic] tires,” the email read.
Gruden apologized to the WSJ, saying he is “really sorry” and that he refers to liars as “rubber lips.” He also said, however, he doesn’t think Smith is a liar.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If what you say in emails get you fired, I need to be fired.

That is madness.

My Donald Trump friend and I say the most racist, sexist, agist things that we can say to each other. We say the worst things we can say about ourselves, our family, our enemies, our friends, our friends' wives and children, their pets.

Taboo humor can be bonding strategy, a way of showing trust, and a test for mental stability.

It can also be an expression of bigotry.

That is why it's tricky.

I say the person who released the emails is the asshole. They should have just talk to the guy directly if they had an issue.

We all need to read the stoics.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don’t really feel like reading about the stoic, but if anyone’s got any good documentaries or something they’d recommend to watch on the subject, I’d be interested.

It's like the society is doing an Anti Stoic philosophy now.

I'm sure it's cyclical.

Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
If what you say in emails get you fired, I need to be fired.

That is madness.

My Donald Trump friend and I say the most racist, sexist, agist things that we can say to each other. We say the worst things we can say about ourselves, our family, our enemies, our friends, our friends' wives and children, their pets.

Taboo humor can be bonding strategy, a way of showing trust, and a test for mental stability.

It can also be an expression of bigotry.

That is why it's tricky.

I say the person who released the emails is the asshole. They should have just talk to the guy directly if they had an issue.

We all need to read the stoics.
if those emails pass through your employer's system vis a vis your work email address, then you are liable for their content and can be terminated, even if it was correspondence with non-work party

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
if those emails pass through your employer's system vis a vis your work email address, then you are liable for their content and can be terminated, even if it was correspondence with non-work party
I get that.

Did they want to fire him?

I'm curious how it happened.

I think there must be more to the story.

Email and social media are such new tech that I think I lot of people stumble because they make stupid mistakes.

If you are a public figure you should not be on twitter.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I get that.

Did they want to fire him?

I'm curious how it happened.

I think there must be more to the story.

Email and social media are such new tech that I think I lot of people stumble because they make stupid mistakes.

If you are a public figure you should not be on twitter.
Email is far from new tech.
First rule of email is to carefully consider what you are writing and if it can be used against you and/or your company, you delete it and pick up the phone.
Anyone who puts what Gruden wrote into an email is an idiot and deserves to be fired on the spot for extreme stupidity.

Reactions: afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it is supremely foolish to publicly associate your social media presence (and history) with your employer.

that's just begging to get dragggggggged

also, Netflix DOES NOT FK AROUND - they are a notoriously cutthroat culture, internally. it's not a fkn tech hayride over there by any stretch of the imagination. trying to insert yourself in to a leadership meeting in an organization like that was suicidal

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Email is far from new tech.
First rule of email is to carefully consider what you are writing and if it can be used against you and/or your company, you delete it and pick up the phone.
Anyone who puts what Gruden wrote into an email is an idiot and deserves to be fired on the spot for extreme stupidity.
I disagree that email is not old tech.

It's 25 years?

That is nothing.

I bet a lot of people have crazy sh!t in their email history.

I'm pretty careful now but I'm sure you could go back and find stuff that is no bueno.

I need more info on this story.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I disagree that email is not old tech.

It's 25 years?

That is nothing.

I bet a lot of people have crazy sh!t in their email history.

I'm pretty careful now but I'm sure you could go back and find stuff that is no bueno.

I need more info on this story.
I guess YMMV depending on whom you work for and the industry you work in.

I used to work for a company in a pretty cutthroat business where lawsuits between competitors for using unsavory tactics to win jobs was not uncommon. Because of this environment, every semi-annual sales meeting had a 30 min. time slot for General Council to lecture us on what can and what cannot be written in emails. Every lecture ended with:
"Carefully consider what you are writing and if it can be used against you and/or the company, delete it and pick up the phone."

To this day, I reread every email I type several times before hitting send. If I have an inkling of doubt, I delete and pick up the phone.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
for me it was just boring.

I wasnt offended and an a long time fan but this was very much “old man yells at cloud” from the simpsons.

he already spent like half of his last special complaining about lgbt stuff

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
  • Love
Reactions: grapedrink

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
it is supremely foolish to publicly associate your social media presence (and history) with your employer.

that's just begging to get dragggggggged

also, Netflix DOES NOT FK AROUND - they are a notoriously cutthroat culture, internally. it's not a fkn tech hayride over there by any stretch of the imagination. trying to insert yourself in to a leadership meeting in an organization like that was suicidal
Hello! There’s a generation of people that didn’t learn that their written words are forever. Never use work servers for personal use.

Netflix can do as they please. Don’t like the rules where you work? Quit working now, ask OT (or me) how.