Has Chris Rock been canceled?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
He’s a great storyteller
Watched the latest Netflix one last night
Wasn’t all that lol funny but I wish I could tell a story like him
I didn’t come away with a feeling he was hating anyone. But i could see how some of those lines, taken out of context, would make him look bad.

Reactions: Aruka

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I thought that he told a story well too.

I am presenting this Friday and I can't get a sentence out without flubbing it as I practice it.

He never flubbed a line once.

DC would tell you he's using taboo humor to do satire.

And he is.

But taboo humor need to be funny to work. It sounds like he got his feelings hurt when the transgenders gave him pushback.

I laughed twice and they were dumb jokes.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I think the best comedians are just good story tellers. Also, I think some of the best story tellers are 100x funnier than most comedians.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
"So what"?

You said her/your comments are not offensive?

Now you are saying they are offensive but so what, fvvk the transgenders.
If you do a search on the article, it's clear that she is mocking the headline that used a "people who menstrate" as descriptor for women.

Again- how is mocking that headline an insult to transgenders? Where does she mention them in that tweet?

Keep discussing "basic science" everytime somebody mentions transgenders.
Except I don't do that. However I do bring up science when the science gets attacked and downplayed by the trans activists who say dumb things that are easily proven wrong like "going through puberty as a male is not a physical/athletic advantage over biological women".

Learn the difference already :poke: And stop being such a pathological liar, it's not a good look.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
He’s a great storyteller
Watched the latest Netflix one last night
Wasn’t all that lol funny but I wish I could tell a story like him
I didn’t come away with a feeling he was hating anyone. But i could see how some of those lines, taken out of context, would make him look bad.
you're crazy

I was losing my sh!t all the way through

so good

it's amazing how completely people whinging about the LGBTQ content are missing the point

oy vey

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
you're crazy

I was losing my sh!t all the way through

so good

it's amazing how completely people whinging about the LGBTQ content are missing the point

oy vey
I knew you’d come around eventually. Ifallalot will have your proudboi membership card and decoder ring in the mail.

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
Well, if you belonged to a group that has been historically marginalized and a millionaire comedian starts ridiculing you because he is bitter about you having rights, you would think differently.

That's why God gave us the ability to empath, maybe find yours?

It's been a long times since he's been funny.
His last stand up was dark and morose, nothing like DC in his prime.
c'mon man. I'm Jewish. We get made fun of by everyone. In grade school, it wasn't funny. I took it very personally and it felt like bullying. Now that I'm older, I have learned to laugh at the sh1t that used to offend me. Life's too short to stay offended all the time, especially on behalf of other groups of people. I don't even get offended when people like PRCD come up with all these fuccin awesome conspiracy theories about Jews, the new world order, lizard people and the federal reserve.

I work for a pretty large, successful company. We have many gay people working there. We also have many Jews, and a black person or two for good measure. Everyone makes fun of themselves, their subgroups, and each other's subgroups. If an outsider felt like making a big deal out of this, they may try to define this as a toxic work place. However, I am reasonably certain that if you asked every gay person, Jewish person, or gay Jewish person, or black person if they felt like it was toxic, they would tell you no, and to lighten up.

I am left-leaning in my politics. I voted for Joe Biden and would do it again in a heartbeat. I am also not offended by Dave Chapelle or any of his comedy. That sh1t is hilarious. That article is telling people why they should be offended. I disagree with the article. Everyone takes everything too seriously these days. There is stuff worth taking seriously, but these culture war issues ain't it.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
c'mon man. I'm Jewish. We get made fun of by everyone. In grade school, it wasn't funny. I took it very personally and it felt like bullying. Now that I'm older, I have learned to laugh at the sh1t that used to offend me. Life's too short to stay offended all the time, especially on behalf of other groups of people. I don't even get offended when people like PRCD come up with all these fuccin awesome conspiracy theories about Jews, the new world order, lizard people and the federal reserve.

I work for a pretty large, successful company. We have many gay people working there. We also have many Jews, and a black person or two for good measure. Everyone makes fun of themselves, their subgroups, and each other's subgroups. If an outsider felt like making a big deal out of this, they may try to define this as a toxic work place. However, I am reasonably certain that if you asked every gay person, Jewish person, or gay Jewish person, or black person if they felt like it was toxic, they would tell you no, and to lighten up.

I am left-leaning in my politics. I voted for Joe Biden and would do it again in a heartbeat. I am also not offended by Dave Chapelle or any of his comedy. That sh1t is hilarious. That article is telling people why they should be offended. I disagree with the article. Everyone takes everything too seriously these days. There is stuff worth taking seriously, but these culture war issues ain't it.
Telling other people what they should or should not be offended over, is the best.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Banter amongst friends =/= A millionaire comedian ridiculing transgenders because he's bitter about marginalized groups getting "special treatment"

Try again.

• Haha

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Banter amongst friends =/= A millionaire comedian ridiculing transgenders because he's bitter about marginalized groups getting "special treatment"

Try again.
Sorry if you already answered this, but have you watched his latest Netflix special?
if so, do you think he’s out to get the transgender community, and if not, are you opposed to watching it, or is there some other reason you haven’t watched something you seem to be passionate about?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Sorry if you already answered this, but have you watched his latest Netflix special?
if so, do you think he’s out to get the transgender community, and if not, are you opposed to watching it, or is there some other reason you haven’t watched something you seem to be passionate about?
I was commenting on his quotes in the NPR article and general comments he made in press about these groups.

I will watch it and get back to you with the analysis.

Cheers.

• Haha

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
but that's exactly what you're doing, man.
I'm not telling anyone that they should get offended.
You can be indifferent about it.
I mean, you've never been degraded and spat on like trans people traditionally have been so I'd understand if you're not offended.

I'm just saying that discrediting how people who are the targets of his comments feel, is not cool.

I know "feelings" is a bad word and all but it's kinda important.
I mean look at this forum and all the feelz.

And again, there's nothing we should not joke about but CONTEXT is everything.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I was commenting on his quotes in the NPR article and general comments he made in press about these groups.

I will watch it and get back to you with the analysis.

Cheers.
So you were claiming that DC never said the comment about people not being upset about the fact that DaBaby killed someone, yet you never watched the special in the first place :roflmao:

If you didn't watch it, then how would you know that DC did or did not say that :unsure:

Holy fook you are seriously the most dishonest poster here.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
So you were claiming that DC never said the comment about people not being upset about the fact that DaBaby killed someone, yet you never watched the special in the first place :roflmao:

If you didn't watch it, then how would you know that DC did or did not say that :unsure:

Holy fook you are seriously the most dishonest poster here.
Now look at the quote you responded to, moron.

plasticbertrand said:

• Haha