XTR

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The price of a GMM2 went up after my order.

The price of the all the Tomo's went up too.

If you want an Album i would order before those prices go up too.

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Alright I"m going to yolo it, just the blank, no carbon stringer foam anything extra, and go 8.0 glassing. Saves money for sure!

Just deciding between an Album Plasmic and Sharp Eye Disco Cheater.
Have you tried anyone’s Plasmic? I know you like your Twinsman. I traded boards with someone that had a 5’2 Varial Plasmic for my 5’6 Varial Twinsman out at Uppers a couple of weeks ago and to me, the Plasmic generates speed the opposite of the Twinsman. I only surfed the board for five or six waves, but couldn’t get my weight adjusted to stop the sensation of the tail lifting. Mason Ho described the same thing on EAST. I had a similar experience with the Slater Sci-Fi I owned and why that ownership was about only about a week.

Reactions: Lowqi2

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I had the sci-fi and sold it 5 surfs after I bought it as well. Plasmic wants a smaller wave. You'll get lift if you're not riding enough fin for your weight. It's also VERY back boot positive.

I just had an insanely fun session at a spot that is usually always crowded, but for various reasons was not. Fun waist to head and peaky. I got more waves in that session than most weeks worth of surfing. The plasmic definitely fvcks. It's fully replaced my lightbender at this point.

Plasmic and twinsman are a pretty killer two board quiver.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I had the sci-fi and sold it 5 surfs after I bought it as well. Plasmic wants a smaller wave. You'll get lift if you're not riding enough fin for your weight. It's also VERY back boot positive.

I just had an insanely fun session at a spot that is usually always crowded, but for various reasons was not. Fun waist to head and peaky. I got more waves in that session than most weeks worth of surfing. The plasmic definitely fvcks. It's fully replaced my lightbender at this point.

Plasmic and twinsman are a pretty killer two board quiver.
Funny, my 2-boar daily quiver lately is Plasmic + Lightbender. I feel like LB and Twinsman have the essentially same wave range so kinda hard to justify both.

Reactions: sdsrfr

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Do you think the swallow Plasmic would eliminate that lift feeling with less tail area? Like the looks of the one that Yuri dude had (not the surfing though :p)

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Funny, my 2-boar daily quiver lately is Plasmic + Lightbender. I feel like LB and Twinsman have the essentially same wave range so kinda hard to justify both.
Definitely very similar wave range for the LB and twinsmang. Twigsnberries is more drive and hold while the Laxbunghole is more playful and "flicky". I think the LB is the most neutral-footed of the bunch.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Definitely very similar wave range for the LB and twinsmang. Twigsnberries is more drive and hold while the Laxbunghole is more playful and "flicky". I think the LB is the most neutral-footed of the bunch.
And the Twibmon is more front footed or ?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Good for them, sad for me! I was going to use that to justify ending my board buying mortarium early. Holla at ya boi if they put one out.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Good for them, sad for me! I was going to use that to justify ending my board buying mortarium early. Holla at ya boi if they put one out.
I've been on a moratorium too since December. my last custom took 5 months and it scarred me lol, but I think I might be ready to get back out there soon. in the meantime, OTR/YOLO only!

Reactions: MathDebater