YOLO ALERTS

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The Varial crew has been killing it, for sure putting in some long hours. This 6’0 Aipa Killswitch with carbon layup and a fancy resin swirl came out REAL nice!!
Sorry boys…it’s a custom :)View attachment 117346
is that a freaking skull above the varial logo or am i tripping? either way, epic dude.

mind if i ask how long this one took?

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Ha!! We’ll, I’m on the shelf for at least the rest of the year due to another ACL & meniscus tear. Trying my best but it’s hard not to order boards/quivers while sitting around all day doing nothing.
Having said that, I have a 3 pack of Maurice Cole twin pins in my XTR cart just waiting to “complete transaction”. And here’s another carbon Varial Aipa, this one’s a 6’2 Wrecking Ball that should be done soon. But I’m in no hurry since I can’t surf for a few months22B21B12-5E03-4869-AF79-FEC36BED045F.jpeg,

Last edited:

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
6-2?! That's mighty floaty. Why dont you just wait for the Surftech Wrecking Ball thats coming out... :shameonyou:
Yea, it is…my 6’10 from DA is way girthy!! I’m slowly building my gentleman’s quiver as I get into my mid 40’s. And friends don’t let friends ride Surftechs, lol!

EntropyFletch

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 20, 2006
San Diego
Ha!! We’ll, I’m on the shelf for at least the rest of the year due to another ACL & meniscus tear. Trying my best but it’s hard not to order boards/quivers while sitting around all day doing nothing.
Having said that, I have a 3 pack of Maurice Cole twin pins in my XTR cart just waiting to “complete transaction”. And here’s another carbon Varial Aipa, this one’s a 6’2 Wrecking Ball that should be done soon. But I’m in no hurry since I can’t surf for a few monthsView attachment 117358,
THIS IS MY PROBLEM TOO! Damn torn labrum/surgery...I've got 4 customs on order and 2 boards in my garage that I haven't even ridden yet...

Customs on order:
-8'6" Plus One quad gun shaped for a very specific big(ish) wave spot in my hood
-5'6" Wills fish directly from Lovelace (1 year out probably...)
-7'ish FM from LoveMachine
-6'7" MOTE Fiji triple stringer channel bottom twin

Sitting in garage and not yet ridden:
-5'8" Album Twinsman in Varial
-5'9" CI Fishbeard

AND I almost bought that 6'1" TwinPin from Varial...

GOTTA STOP THE MADNESS!

Also, just bought a Mark THomson KRYPT Mat MK5. Can't paddle, so I grew a mustache and bought a surf mat...

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
THIS IS MY PROBLEM TOO! Damn torn labrum/surgery...I've got 4 customs on order and 2 boards in my garage that I haven't even ridden yet...

Customs on order:
-8'6" Plus One quad gun shaped for a very specific big(ish) wave spot in my hood

-5'9" CI Fishbeard

GOTTA STOP THE MADNESS!

Also, just bought a Mark THomson KRYPT Mat MK5. Can't paddle, so I grew a mustache and bought a surf mat...
let me know if you end up not liking that twinsman :poke:

Last edited:

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
For the record. I'm very proud of this thread. Also, to start a mini thread within this thread.

We're gonna be running a battle of the YOLOs (shortboard edition) this fall.

View attachment 117287
I will be super curious how you compare that I72 and Two Happy once you get some time on them both. The tail on that TH does look fat sitting next to those other boards. I've been thinking about picking up another daily-driver type shortboard and when I saw your varial two happy come in I was tempted to copy your order on the spot lol

Too bad it does seem like varial is phasing out custom CIs, I wonder why

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD

Customs on order:

-5'9" CI Fishbeard

GOTTA STOP THE MADNESS!

Seems like a lot of motivation for healthy rehabbing! Good strategy. Think about ordering more, or booking a trip!

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Customs on order:
How'd you order from LoveMachine? I didnt think that was live yet? The 6-9 squash-ish FM sure will be hard to resist...

Reactions: urchined
Jul 18, 2018
Having said that, I have a 3 pack of Maurice Cole twin pins in my XTR cart just waiting to “complete transaction”. And here’s another carbon Varial Aipa, this one’s a 6’2 Wrecking Ball that should be done soon. But I’m in no hurry since I can’t surf for a few monthsView attachment 117358,
Sorry, not 100% YOLO relevant but I'm also about to order a Maurice Cole Twin Pin through XTR. I've been hesitating because I have no idea who's actually shaping them. Does anybody know who is shaping for Maurice via XTR? Or would my order be waiting until he visits CA again? Any relevant experience would be very appreciated.