Album Surfboards

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Only been on sym. It works. I believe Ruka had both
Yeah I have asym 6-8 PU and sym round 6-6 in XTR 8.c.

Both are really fun and if you only go frontside I think asym is nice, especially for longer lengths.

I prefer sym round tail for my situation. Prob one of the most versatile boards in my quiver. No issues digging the nose in tubing waves. I'm usually angling a bit on takeoff and trying to get in early which the board does well.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
My Twinsman RT is 6'0 20.5 2.6. I'm 6'2 185. I consider it my "high performance shortboard" at this stage in my life (too much work and approaching 50 yrs old). I've had stellar sessions on it at uncrowded breaks in the past but when crowds are thick I get frustrated. I tend to gravitate to my new 6'4 Gibbons or the Townsend and my wave count triples. I do love the Twinsman though. Super fun. Maybe I'll scoop up the swallowtail version. YOLO
I got my RP Twinsman for shoulder high to OH+. Therefore haven’t had too many surfs on it, but so far Does well for that use. Below that, I like Lightblender (or assume swallow Twinsman would be good for below HH).

Last edited:

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
I got my RP Twinsman for shoulder high to OH+. Therefore haven’t had too many surfs on it, but so far Does well for that use. Below that, I like Lightblender or assume swallow Twinsman would be good for below HH.
Was eyeing the 5'11 Lightbender Diamond tail on Album's site... Wondering if that would have more lower end range than my Twinsman RP.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Was eyeing the 5'11 Lightbender Diamond tail on Album's site... Wondering if that would have more lower end range than my Twinsman RP.
I would think so. Twinsman has a lot more tail rocker than Lightbender. My only question would be how the fin placement on the diamond twin+trailer differs from the normal twin version.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
there was a 6'10 for a regular footer on Album's website yesterday but looks like it was swooped
must've missed it as i checked yesterday a few times. they go fast!

btw, those whale shitz they have for like $2-3k are not moving. wonder why?

also, if a boar doesn't sell at a high price, they put it as 'lightly used' for a discount in the used boars sect. great marketing. still tryin to decide dims on a townsend... also asym or no?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Yeah I have asym 6-8 PU and sym round 6-6 in XTR 8.c.

Both are really fun and if you only go frontside I think asym is nice, especially for longer lengths.

I prefer sym round tail for my situation. Prob one of the most versatile boards in my quiver. No issues digging the nose in tubing waves. I'm usually angling a bit on takeoff and trying to get in early which the board does well.
Did you ask XTR for foiled rails or did you do a regular order? I have asked for more foiled rails on a few of my past boards from them and I know some people have gotten some thiccc rails out of their shop.

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Whos going on the album YOLO surf trip?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Did you ask XTR for foiled rails or did you do a regular order? I have asked for more foiled rails on a few of my past boards from them and I know some people have gotten some thiccc rails out of their shop.
I didn't ask for any change to the rails I just got the same thickness as my PU one and they came out the same. The beak is a little different on the XTR one. More pronounced, I think.

Reactions: MathDebater

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
My Plasmic order a couple pages back is a bit stretched out compared to stock. 5'9 x 20 1/4 x 2 1/2"

Remains to be seen how it works but Matt seemed to think it was dimensionally fine for someone my size: 6'3" x 180lbs. (82kg)

I think mine will end up between 34-35L.

Maybe ask about the EAST (Electric Acid Surfboard Test) file since it's a little narrower overall.
After riding the 6’4, I want that channel on all my boards now. LOL.
Just eyeing the DA yolo EAST version on the album site: 5’9 x 20 x 2 3/8
Definitely a bit narrower and thinner than yours. Would be interesting. Might be able to talk myself into a 5’10 x 2 1/2…

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Surfed the twinsman for the first time in awhile. Board is so fun. I keep wanting to yolo something different but maybe I just yolo another twinsman with some tweaks.
I dawdled and was too slow on the yolo to get the orange 5’8 Varial one :(

• Sad
Reactions: SixtyGrit

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
Whos going on the album YOLO surf trip?

holy sh!t that's obnoxious. I like the guy I've gotten most of my boards from. If that guy were selling his time to hang out with him, calling himself a "celebrity" I wouldn't. lmao.

Last edited: