Album Surfboards

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
If it's not too late, I'd go 8.c
I don't want to bum you out but it was bad.
Ok, ok. I'll email them. I'm almost certain it's too late but I'll try.

If it is too late, I'm almost curious to try it at this point. I've owned 30+ surfboards and only ever had 1 in my life that I truly felt was too stiff.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Have a speed egg in 8.C. Thing seems to ding if I look at it wrong. 3 sessions, 3 dings. The sessions were all in 4-6+ waves, and I havent fixed any being its XTR, but damn its annoying.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Curious, what’s the rocker like on Townsend?
This shot of my 6'3" might give you a general idea. Has a beak also. Likes to be paddled into waves more than like a late takeoff I find but handles a wide range of waves as long as they have some runway. It wouldnt be my choice on like a dumpy day with really short waves where your only getting a hit on the lip and a closeout. It wants to run, do big carves, and does well holding a line on rail.

townsend-4.jpg

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
I took mine to Blacks on a day that was much bigger and steeper than I thought it was going to be and it went really well.
It's got enough rocker that you don't worry about digging in the tip on a steep takeoff?

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
any townsend reviews/updates?
My Townsend is my goto board for crowds and when I want to get in early on bigger days. It's been a gem.
Once up the board is way more nimble than I thought it would be and really carves nicely. Have had zero issues backside.
I love it. Is a keeper. Would love to travel to Nica and get it into some tropical barrels. Mine is 6'10 20.25 2.7
Manta, Gibbons twin, Townsend have been my 3 boards I've been surfing quite a bit lately. My Twinsman RP is great, but it's frustrating to surf it on good swell days competing against longboarders.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
My Townsend is my goto board for crowds and when I want to get in early on bigger days. It's been a gem.
Once up the board is way more nimble than I thought it would be and really carves nicely. Have had zero issues backside.
I love it. Is a keeper. Would love to travel to Nica and get it into some tropical barrels. Mine is 6'10 20.25 2.7
Manta, Gibbons twin, Townsend have been my 3 boards I've been surfing quite a bit lately. My Twinsman RP is great, but it's frustrating to surf it on good swell days competing against longboarders.
I agree! Mine is a bit shorter and narrower (6'6", 19.5"), but is a cheater board for catching waves.

What size is your Twinsman RP? I have had some good surfs on it, but I do struggle with it as well. It needs the right wave. The swallow tail tends to perform better IMO.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
I agree! Mine is a bit shorter and narrower (6'6", 19.5"), but is a cheater board for catching waves.

What size is your Twinsman RP? I have had some good surfs on it, but I do struggle with it as well. It needs the right wave. The swallow tail tends to perform better IMO.
My Twinsman RT is 6'0 20.5 2.6. I'm 6'2 185. I consider it my "high performance shortboard" at this stage in my life (too much work and approaching 50 yrs old). I've had stellar sessions on it at uncrowded breaks in the past but when crowds are thick I get frustrated. I tend to gravitate to my new 6'4 Gibbons or the Townsend and my wave count triples. I do love the Twinsman though. Super fun. Maybe I'll scoop up the swallowtail version. YOLO

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I tend to gravitate to my new 6'4 Gibbons or the Townsend and my wave count triples. I do love the Twinsman though. Super fun. Maybe I'll scoop up the swallowtail version. YOLO
Which Gibbons do you have? Mollusk has some nice ones that popped up recently.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Which Gibbons do you have? Mollusk has some nice ones that popped up recently.
I walked into Mollusk SB and impulse bought a 6'4 Shark egg twin. Love it so far. Has lots of volume but is hidden very well. Crisp foiled rails and once up and running it feels a bit shorter than a 6'4. Playing around with fin templates and have landed on Album Fascinations.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
My Twinsman RT is 6'0 20.5 2.6. I'm 6'2 185. I consider it my "high performance shortboard" at this stage in my life (too much work and approaching 50 yrs old). I've had stellar sessions on it at uncrowded breaks in the past but when crowds are thick I get frustrated. I tend to gravitate to my new 6'4 Gibbons or the Townsend and my wave count triples. I do love the Twinsman though. Super fun. Maybe I'll scoop up the swallowtail version. YOLO
having inconsistent surfs on a model but still willing to get another one with a different tail is peak YOLO. This is the way.