Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Sorry y’all didn’t get it. I had a lotta fun today. Started far south. And then let the wind blow me into a few head dips.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
fun day in SE NC - not epic, but fun. again, swell period is too long, lots of closeouts but there were corners to be had. i got two great lefts, which might not sound like much, but very satisfying, under the circumstances. :waving:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Yesterday started out chest high and good but by 8 am there was a cross chop going and it only got worse from there. In the afternoon there was a one hour window where some cleanish sets came in that were in the double overhead range but those vanished as quickly as they arrived. Just got back from a dog walk and the side chop is already on it at the breaks closest to my house. Might be some decent waves on the north end where the coastline curves around a bit.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: LifeOnMars

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
A lot of waiting between sets, but was some reeling sections with just about 10 people eventually. By noon I was 5 hours in, and done when the wind came on more from the side. So fun I'm considering that silly shut this morning, which isn't good anywhere I'm driving to.

theramrod

Nep status
Nov 14, 2014
N Cackalaki
Spent the morning in a boat searching 3 different inlets hoping to find a mysto wave. Found some decent setups but nothing really doing it. Settled on a righthand setup outside one of the inlets. It felt like a runners wave and at most I jog a little. Got a couple corners but for the most part I found myself behind the wave. One of our areas best surfers was out there destroying a few of these waves and that was a treat to watch. Never set my expectations too high for this swell so wasnt let down much and got to spend the day on the boat with a couple good friends. We topped the day off catching a couple red drum.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Bust out here. Wedding was fun at least. Even went to check some of the wraparound spots this morning. moderate off shores with the WSW wind, knee high, and 100 adult beginners on long boards. Hard pass. South facing breaks are a mess still of course

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Surf jumped up this weekend. sh!t wind Saturday, but nobody was out. Farmed a couple but tough to pick off one with a line especially after the cleanup set when you get the sneaker groomed ones to come through.

Smaller size Sunday but good shape to it line-wise. Low tide was 1ish, shredded by two, but tide got out from under it enough by late morning and it was still plenty clean for a few hours. Some really nice moments of seeing peak with runner wall pop up and swing in and farm a good one.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
It has been head high + most of September here in the Dirty Southwest. No tropical swells. Don't need em!

Reactions: VaB

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Bust out here. Wedding was fun at least. Even went to check some of the wraparound spots this morning. moderate off shores with the WSW wind, knee high, and 100 adult beginners on long boards. Hard pass. South facing breaks are a mess still of course
Shoulda checked Shagwong - probably empty and reeling