stretch boards support and board pron thread

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I have ridden all of the buzz series boards (save the buzz gun). All are very easy boards to surf in a wider range of waves than advertised - except the Mr. Buzz. Mr. Buzz is my favorite but it will not work unless the wave face is steep. It does not have to be big, but it does have to be curvy. I only surf east coast beach break and if is it a punchy, dumpy, curvy short period wave it is perfect, but even if it is chest high but a slopey wave, ride something else. It is a very controlled, highly rockered unique board.
That’s perfect for my local in the winter.

Ordered

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
It's a good wave board. Lots of tail rocker. It's so small and flipped in the tail, you can really shove it up into a hollow pocket. I've ridden it on the North Shore, but the paddling was killing me.

SK8 deck is concave deck. About .20 to .25 thinner that what you'd normally ride, but equals same thickness. So if you ride 2.5" you'd order 2.25 or 2.3" SK8 deck. Feels like a skateboard when you're riding.

Jun 3, 2014
Anybody here ever ride a Superbuzz a hair under their height? There's a super clean one for sale here locally but I'm afraid it'll be too big.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anybody here ever ride a Superbuzz a hair under their height? There's a super clean one for sale here locally but I'm afraid it'll be too big.
I ride my 6" under:shrug:
5'8" 170#
5'2" x19.5" x2.375"
Board is made to be short and stubby if you want longer rail line almost same bottom concave go buzzsaw:shaka:

Reactions: bubbs

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
anyone try a Super Buzz as a thruster? wondering if it will help me surf it more vertically on my back hand...
Yes used stretch honey comb st3 set and worked good but its suppose to ride as quad and came alive after FU#2 quad set.
Super buzz best to worst fins tried:
FU#2 bezt combo speed and drive
St3 good thruster feel but board needed quad set
AMT no drive plenty of slide
FU#3 felt like I was dragging anchors but worked great on my gbuzz

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Is the SuperBuzz more of a grovel board (like the Manta) for like softer slopey waves? I get lost reading the different descriptions.
Can be set more on low end by bumping up width and thickness 1/8"-1/4" but still grovel as in waves you need a log to sk8 better off with gbuzz or no friend model.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Does anyone here still have, or ridden the "OG" pug? I'm kinda curious about that board, say compared to a superbuzz to fill that super short, compact platform, for head high clean waves. I've been riding an ugly 2win, and really like it, but just wish it had some more tail rocker. Is the "OG" pug, basically a pug outline, with the thing rocker?

Reactions: JDJ

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Time to think low end more and thinking 5150 not sure yet when I have funds if I wait 10 weeks or go yolo so need idea on low end dims for 5'8" 170# . I was thinking 5'6" x19" x 2.25" and adding length and thickness and keeping width around my hpsb ie: buzzsaw and 2x4 step up.

• Wow
Reactions: rts265