Hawaii- Done

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Stood on the beach at Ehukai for an hour. At the time was wonky, sideshore, cloudy, and rising. Decided not to jump in. Sand NE of the park all gone. SW side sand way outside, causing strong backwash. Ended up going home.
The sand is bad north of the beach park! North swell too -- people on that stretch got to be tripping a little bit

Reactions: teeroi and sponge

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
  • Wow
Reactions: PJ

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Just got back from cabin camping up at Koke'e. Drove down into Waimea the other night to go get dinner and from the "Waimea side" road down, ocean lines were stacked across the board and "Infinity's" was going off.
Headed home this morning (Sat) it was smaller but there were still a lot of cars on the highway. Looked to be a West / NW swell coming early ~

Last edited:

Bud

Nep status
Apr 20, 2001
Oahu
www.808surfer.com
You guys out there tomorrow? I'm surprised how strong this one will be.
'sup brotherNeal - I ended up out at jox about noon to 3. actually was pretty good in between squalls, had some just about DOH but the current was EXTRA gnarly. good that I been working hard this year to try be in decent shape for winter, glad my paddle arms didn't let me down. my eyes though ..., almost didn't recognize kelly7873 until he was about 5 feet away. He was looking for a last one in when I paddled out

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
'sup brotherNeal - I ended up out at jox about noon to 3. actually was pretty good in between squalls, had some just about DOH but the current was EXTRA gnarly. good that I been working hard this year to try be in decent shape for winter, glad my paddle arms didn't let me down. my eyes though ..., almost didn't recognize kelly7873 until he was about 5 feet away. He was looking for a last one in when I paddled out
Haven't seen him in ages. We used to surf with him out there and Lanis. Glad you got in the water. Insanities was kind of intense this morning.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
No need too. Got access to better spots then NS.
never seen such a broad generalization go wrong :roflmao:
keep convincing yourself of having never surfed from mokuliea to kahuku, repeat it enough times and your mind will actually believe it.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
never seen such a broad generalization go wrong :roflmao:
keep convincing yourself of having never surfed from mokuliea to kahuku, repeat it enough times and your mind will actually believe it.
what you mean?

Why would I not believe it?

I spent my whole life on Oahu. I'm good.

• Sad
Reactions: LifeOnMars

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
3 miles from my house to the parking lot. It may not fire like V-land or Rocky point but it has its moments. And I can get in and out of the water before my kids get up and I need to spend 5 hours watching kids play soccer.
You is stocked! What are the crowds like? Had good access for a civilian in high school with friends who were military kids with THE STCKER. 84-89ish, was good times and not many other people.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
You is stocked! What are the crowds like? Had good access for a civilian in high school with friends who were military kids with THE STCKER. 84-89ish, was good times and not many other people.
Not too bad at dawn patrol. It can get crowded on good days but there's so many spots and little reefs all around that it's easy enough to find a peak that isn't overrun. I wouldn't say it is any more crowded than 20 years ago. Plus, I have a military ID and am 100% legitimate. No more looking over my shoulder and being scared of the MPs.