*** Official Fin Thread ***

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Weird. I guess this works with Machado and Rasta because they move a lot of product: tweak the AMTs and the T1s and voilà, new fin.

No offense to Zach Flores, but I don't imagine he brings a fan base to the table.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Is he a shaper?
Yes. I was talking with him in the water a few weeks ago. For his young age, I like his take on design. In true erbb fashion, I asked him where he is placing his twins while I showed him my twinzer. His answer was perfect placement is Shaka length. I’m like-so you don’t measure? He’s nope. Just my Shaka lenght.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Stopped by the FCS booth at the Board Room. FCS is bringing out a new Aipa twin/trailer and Glenn Pang twin in FCS 2. Both looked good, but they had no info about the fins.

Reactions: oeste858

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Anyone try the FCS2 Mick Fanning large template? Tried searching but the search feature is terrible. I can get a pair for a decent price. Template and size looks good. But always like to hear real world use.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anyone try the FCS2 Mick Fanning large template? Tried searching but the search feature is terrible. I can get a pair for a decent price. Template and size looks good. But always like to hear real world use.
the thruster set?

they're great IMO. maybe slighter more hold and smoother than large AM's. good for juicy waves.

Reactions: MathDebater

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
the thruster set?

they're great IMO. maybe slighter more hold and smoother than large AM's. good for juicy waves.
Yes, thruster set. The Tokoro VX I just bought came with FCS2 and I have all futures except for an old pair of G7s. I found a set of the large MF templates for sale and bought them.

Reactions: Aruka

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I know im soft because I see tiny pros riding fanning larges in small waves... i was getting stuck on am2s I cant imagine.
Makes you think about how fit those pros are. Or the lower volume ratio makes it easier to run bigger fins?
Idk im an upright fin guy

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I'm an upright fin guy too, but I like the fanning fin a lot more than most other raked fin options.

I get rid of the center fin and use something smaller for a bit more release.

Reactions: oeste858

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I know im soft because I see tiny pros riding fanning larges in small waves... i was getting stuck on am2s I cant imagine.
Makes you think about how fit those pros are. Or the lower volume ratio makes it easier to run bigger fins?
Idk im an upright fin guy
they are definitely fit and their foot always finds the back of the tail pad. also they are mostly riding boards with a lot of rocker so they need a raked fin to bring some drive to the mix.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Maybe… That’s just what you need to make a midlength fun!
I think curren likes those on his skimboars with foam strips glued to the deck… so who knows?