Hawaii- Done

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Sounds like what and Insider would say...

I was Home-schooled for the first 4 years of my life...

few years later I learned how to ride waves for fun...

thankfully, never got suckered into the "formal" brainwashing you speak of.

was shown the way out, into the daylight..... Outside.
You were shown the way out to deep left field, where you apparently still reside. I'll take my flavor of brainwashing over whatever happened to you, hands down.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I have a few 4VC’s I got from Wade - they are great and predictable boards for good waves. Packs plenty of foam while remaining high performance. Probably the main NS model for pros when it gets solid.
Thanks.

It's actually a 4X. Not 4VC. My mistake. Might go check it out if I have time.

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Thanks.

It's actually a 4X. Not 4VC. My mistake. Might go check it out if I have time.
The 4X is a newer version (about 5 years) of the 4VC cause Wade is getting old. It has a fuller nose and slightly less nose rocker than the 4VC to help with getting into waves but the “business” end of the boars are the same.

The VC stands for vee-concave. It has a double concave blended in a single that blends into a vee off the tail. Like Makoman posted the 4VC is the model the visiting pros order from Wade for North Shore and has won many Triple crown events and clinched many world titles. The Slater Design “Houdini” has the 4VC bottom but Wade designed the foam distribution and outline to Kelly’s preference.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
@teeroi

Thanks. I'm going to try and check it out this week. The twin fin rabbit hole was fun but now that winter is coming around I sometimes want to surf just a regular old thruster. A fuller nose and less rocker sounds great for an aging kook like myself.

Plus I cracked both the fin boxes on my DJ twin in 3 months. ugh.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
@teeroi

Thanks. I'm going to try and check it out this week. The twin fin rabbit hole was fun but now that winter is coming around I sometimes want to surf just a regular old thruster. A fuller nose and less rocker sounds great for an aging kook like myself.

Plus I cracked both the fin boxes on my DJ twin in 3 months. ugh.
Yep the 4’s are pretty much as white bread as boar models get. Pintail thrusters, although quads are an option. Wade once told me he keeps this design simple, less things to go wrong in serious waves. I was surprised when he offered the 4X. It was the first modification in years. He also can make the 4SG. Which was Sunny’s model. He keeps a lot of foam in the middle of the board but tapers the rails to Sunny’s preferred rail outline. If you ever custom order from Wade I would ask about this.

The only YOLO effect are the waves the boar is designed to be surfed in.

Reactions: Havoc

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
I have a 6’8” WRV by Tommy Moore, glass ons. Double to a single with a slight V through the fins. Board never fails me. Lotta good barrels. Love that setup.
The 4X is a newer version (about 5 years) of the 4VC cause Wade is getting old. It has a fuller nose and slightly less nose rocker than the 4VC to help with getting into waves but the “business” end of the boars are the same.

The VC stands for vee-concave. It has a double concave blended in a single that blends into a vee off the tail. Like Makoman posted the 4VC is the model the visiting pros order from Wade for North Shore and has won many Triple crown events and clinched many world titles. The Slater Design “Houdini” has the 4VC bottom but Wade designed the foam distribution and outline to Kelly’s preference.
I have a 6’8” WRV by Tommy Moore, glass ons. Double to a single with a slight V through the tail. Board never fails me. Lotta good barrels. Love that setup.

Reactions: teeroi

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Yep the 4’s are pretty much as white bread as boar models get. Pintail thrusters, although quads are an option. Wade once told me he keeps this design simple, less things to go wrong in serious waves. I was surprised when he offered the 4X. It was the first modification in years. He also can make the 4SG. Which was Sunny’s model. He keeps a lot of foam in the middle of the board but tapers the rails to Sunny’s preferred rail outline. If you ever custom order from Wade I would ask about this.

The only YOLO effect are the waves the boar is designed to be surfed in.
Alright, I went and bought the board on my lunch break and it looks like we have some swell on the way. YOLO

Since I'm on the YOLO train, does anyone have fin recs? I was looking at large FCS carver fins.

Last edited:

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Alright, I went and bought the board on my lunch break and it looks like we have some swell on the way. YOLO

Since I'm on the YOLO train, does anyone have fin recs? I was looking at large FCS carver fins.
The 4 was designed prior to FCS2 fins but Wade is a big fan of L Carver fins and uses them in all his boars except twins. I think the FCS Tokoro signature fin is coming out soon, Wade designed it with input from Seth Moniz. Might be small for you @Muscles it’s going to be ML.