Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
How long is too long for a WTF? I've seen a few ordering mega-long versions of these which seems strange... but I clearly don't "get" the grovel category of board.

I'm comically tall and my Fuse is comically short, and I don't think I could get away with riding anything shorter.
I would size u on a 5-8 × 21.25 x 2.75 ( foiled out)
Double bump squash .
Quad if the Bu is backside ( more versatile at dialing in the feel )
If the bu is frontside . Glass on keel

Light glassing if u go pure.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I would size u on a 5-8 × 21.25 x 2.75 ( foiled out)
Double bump squash .
Quad if the Bu is backside ( more versatile at dialing in the feel )
If the bu is frontside . Glass on keel

Light glassing if u go pure.
The Todd has spoken. Thanks bro.

Wasn't planning on adding any boards, but hmmm...

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Any sparkbox updates? I am nearing the end of my board buying mortarium and I'm deeply conflicted between a twinsman and a sparkbox. Tim had yet to steer me wrong but I'm drawn to shiny new YOLO things. I'm going Varial either way.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
In relation to some things @Havoc has been saying, Tim is getting the edge because I can put the deposit down now and it'll be done when my moratorium is over.

• Love
Reactions: Aruka

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Any sparkbox updates? I am nearing the end of my board buying mortarium and I'm deeply conflicted between a twinsman and a sparkbox. Tim had yet to steer me wrong but I'm drawn to shiny new YOLO things. I'm going Varial either way.
I went for a sparkbox but ended up with a standard plug based on his recommendations and my personal taste.

Hit up JDJ if he doesn't respond here cause he has a venerial box

Reactions: MathDebater

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I went for a sparkbox but ended up with a standard plug based on his recommendations and my personal taste.

Hit up JDJ if he doesn't respond here cause he has a venerial box
I take it you haven't taken delivery yet? How many weeks did he quote you?

Paging @JDJ , how dank is your sparkbox?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I take it you haven't taken delivery yet? How many weeks did he quote you?

Paging @JDJ , how dank is your sparkbox?
I like it a lot! I will probably go with a layer of 6 oz on another Varial because I like a little heft to my boards. But there is absolutely nothing to complain about in terms of feel and ride. Varial also seems to perform much better in choppy conditions than many other stringerless builds.

But the best aspect of Varial through Stamps is that the board is not subject to the vagaries of PU delivery and cuts. Tim also told me that Varial’s cuts have been excellent, and that Tim has been measuring each of the boards to double check.

Shape is great. I may want to try a fin other then the MRs, which is what I’ve been using exclusively.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Glassed at Varial, yes, it’s a shopify storefront.

Glassed at stamps, they’re just providing the blank to tim, likely paid in full by him from your deposit.
Good to know, guess I just have to be a good boi and wait it out.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I like Varial as an alt construction option with Tim. Not only can you get the construction in poly glassing done by Tim, but you can kick up the order to include all of the more fancy options offered by Varial, including full carbon.

As far as I can tell, Tim's alternative constructions consist of (1) EPS foam with glassing done by him; (2) Varial with glassing done by him or Varial; and (3) FutureFlex with glassing done at PureGlass.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I like Varial as an alt construction option with Tim. Not only can you get the construction in poly glassing done by Tim, but you can kick up the order to include all of the more fancy options offered by Varial, including full carbon.

As far as I can tell, Tim's alternative constructions consist of (1) EPS foam with glassing done by him; (2) Varial with glassing done by him or Varial; and (3) FutureFlex with glassing done at PureGlass.
What is future flex glassing? I have had 2 MC bonzers pu/epoxy both with color done by pureglass and both came out great and are bullet proof.

Reactions: JDJ