Kookiest locals???

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
German guy, at Lobos, 'Joe soi local de aki. Vivo en Lakares!'

"I'm a local here, I live in Lajares"

A-) Lajares a northern landlocked town.
B-) guys zik german accent made what he said sound like an SS officer barking at some Hebrews. Local Canarian accent is smooth as silk, musical as well.

:socrazy::roflmao:
:shameonyou:

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
German guy, at Lobos, 'Joe soi local de aki. Vivo en Lakares!'

"I'm a local here, I live in Lajares"

A-) Lajares a northern landlocked town.
B-) guys zik german accent made what he said sound like an SS officer barking at some Hebrews. Local Canarian accent is smooth as silk, musical as well.

:socrazy::roflmao:
:shameonyou:
Did you explain to him his local is the Eisbach?

Are there lots of German (and British) "locals" in your area?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think San Meeghell is one of the most hilarious.

It's like the Swami's gong show got scrappy and was en español.

K. Meza runs that sh!t like it's he personal fiefdom and craps on all the other locals and blow-ins.

There is one particular lone wolf bodyboarder that shouts stuff and throws rocks. He once dropped in on me at the end of a wave right before I pulled out just for the vibes.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
generally the place with the most out of state transplant longboarders trying to be stylish has the most kooky "locals"
anyone who moves within 10 miles of the spot thinks theyre locals. even people that drive 20 miles there for 2 years consider themselves locals.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
South Mission Jetty used to have this bald guy doing mid face 360's that would try to vibe hard. Was hard to not laugh in his face when he stink eyed

Reactions: gbg

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
South Mission Jetty used to have this bald guy doing mid face 360's that would try to vibe hard. Was hard to not laugh in his face when he stink eyed
in the 80s? i remember hearing about him

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
ob jetty is kookland. one AM checkig the waves, its 1 foot dogshit. so im just chillin watching the ocean thinkin what am i gonna do with my day, theres no waves, maybe go ride my new skate! and all the sudden some guy with aboard under his arm in tbhe parkign lot starts yelling sh!t at me. "m'fer dont even think of paddling out! " im thinking u kook thres bsarely a ripple, said nothing, if he ever tried anythign hed have a surprise. they c u surf good ur a target anywgher

Last edited:

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
in the 80s? i remember hearing about him
2002-2006ish

It was comical watching him get the best wave of a set, square up off the bottom then right when you thought he was gonna go for a big snap in the pocket he would do a lame 360. Then another and another.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
generally the place with the most out of state transplant longboarders trying to be stylish has the most kooky "locals"
anyone who moves within 10 miles of the spot thinks theyre locals. even people that drive 20 miles there for 2 years consider themselves locals.
:roflmao:

Why do you hate Crowdiff?

There is a reason why they put that KOOK statue there....

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
ob jetty is kookland. one AM checkig the waves, its 1 foot dogshit. so im just chillin watching the ocean thinkin what am i gonna do with my day, theres no waves, maybe go ride my new skate! and all the sudden some guy with aboard under his arm in tbhe parkign lot starts yelling sh!t at me. "m'fer dont even think of paddling out! " im thinking u kook thres bsarely a ripple, said nothing, if he ever tried anythign hed have a surprise. they c u surf good ur a target anywgher
That one seems a case of so many locals no one knows whose a local.

The fights between locals are the best.

Lots of funny stuff witnessed there.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
A buddy and I checked Hags once. I swear some lady walking a mini-mutt with a gaudily bedazzled collar stink-eyed the holy hell out of us on the drive up. In the Malaga Cove lot some guy had a conversation with two guys in the water about how me, my buddy, two other dudes checking it, and a couple other people surfing wouldn't be catching any waves there that day. It was chest high, shitty looking, and real inconsistent. I am guessing tide problems.

I was at a beachbreak in Central California, checking it. It's not in Santa Cruz county but 2/3 the cars in the lot had multiple Santa Cruz stickers. Beautiful clean surf. The usual everyone-has-a-slow-surly-stare-for-everyone-else CenCal. I saw a few really hot girls and kind of kooky dudes leaving, the dudes had the act down but the girls tried to break the ice smile/hi and cut the tension, like they could sense the "threat of low-level violence" Finnegan refers in Barbarian Days, and the few mini-crews checking it just barely nodded, slow surly stare. I unleashed the retarded OMG UR HAWT East Coast doofus grin. Probably slobbered a bit.

My last day up there before driving back to LA on a weekday morning I was leaving the place I was staying and someone driving by in a white van saw me putting my boardbag in the trunk and threw a "beat it" out the window on the drive by.

The Treasure Coast is an oddly localized place. Vibier than neighboring Brevard or the Palm Beaches. Fort Pierce Inlet has been a shitshow for decades, Monster Hole has become a shitshow. The reefs, I understand the need for order no doubt. But the shorebreaks/beachbreaks....95% of the days it's "good" there are waves going unridden left and right, very, very few people from the adjacent zones know there's a "spot" there, and fewer bother even when it's on. But people will purposely roast the sh!t out of other people unprovoked, and there's a frequency/brazen-ness to it you'd never see at a place like Sebastian, without the absolute main peak zoo you see at a place like Juno where sh!t like that is a fact of life.

At La Isla one day in Punta Hermosa, pulled my wetsuit down a little, and took a strolling whizz from S to S on the SOLO LOCALES graffiti before paddling out.