Gavin will own your home now

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I said you could not come up with a reason to be against the bill and you responded with an unattributed cut n paste, jut like gromsdad
Unattributed?

LMAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's why the link was there, dipshit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He did nothing

That was an ad hominem based on the author of a link (yes I know I do this)

That ad hominem did nothing to disprove the factual data without opinion that I copy posted

And please tell me how the government wasting our money does anything to help people?
LMAO the guy was deliberately trying to muddy the waters between the two bills. He's correct that Joe Biden's polling isn't very good.

Now do vaccine mandate polling!

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
LMAO the guy was deliberately trying to muddy the waters between the two bills. He's correct that Joe Biden's polling isn't very good.

Now do vaccine mandate polling!
Deliberately trying to muddy waters with that explanatory quote I posted?

Sure bud

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Deliberately trying to muddy waters with that explanatory quote I posted?

Sure bud
Yes, exactly that quote. The $3.5T spending package isn't the $1.2T infrastructure bill. It's separate legislation. I am sure Joe Concha is correct that AOC made some idle threats about taking all four of The Squad's votes and going home.

Nothing like four House votes putting in peril legislation that got 19 Republican Senators to vote yes on it.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
One thing lost in this discussion is that the "California Dream Fund" would be jump started with $$ from California's "massive budget surplus." How did a state run by Dems, and on the brink of ruin, establish such a big a surplus? Are there any lessons to be learned? Do Mississippi or Alabama have surpluses? Or Texas for that matter. I know, I just threw sh!t at a fan....

The part ownership deal, instead, sounds like a win for any young couple wanting to own. Otherwise, especially in coastal California, home ownership seems impossible. For the investors on the other side? I guess depends on market trends (and you hope the new onwers take care of their homes). A bursting bubble would be bad. The last 10 years would've been good. It also allows investors who can't buy a property outright a chance to invest a smaller chunk of change in real estate (although, again, sounds reminiscent of the mortgage backed securities that led to the great recession. Have the financial wizards learned anything?). I have a small chunk of liquid change that I've been reluctant to invest in stocks. Back when we first bought a home everyone told us to invest in a 401k. This was just before the 2008 collapse. We paid down our mortgage instead and it was a good choice.

As far as the change in zoning, I live in a coastal town where they tear down small SFRs in order to build multi unit residences and 1) most of the multi units are owner occupied 2) it hasn't kept the prices down at all. Not sure what that will solve.

Best thing for the housing crunch is if more people leave the state. And I'm talking to you, SURFERS!:nana:

Last edited:
Reactions: bird.LA

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Is the call for Biden to step down because of hurt feeling for the treatment of trump?

You dummies want Karmela?

Or better still Trump? :roflmao:
I’ve brought that up a half dozen times with no comments. Better than Trump is a no brainer but yet to be proven. She’ll get her chance in 2024 (given JB lives that long, maybe sooner), the republicans don’t have a presidential candidate.

Forget Trump, I don’t understand why some of you people are still worried about him. He was too old in 2016, in 2024 he’s likely to be institutionalized. (See Joe Biden today)

I’d like to see the democrats come up with someone other than Ms. Harris. She’s a female in the old boy democrat network who’s major qualifications were her gender and multiracial makeup.

I have yet to see anything progressive in her politics so it won’t be a surprise that blind partisan groundswell will carry her through. So wokie, fecalface, etc., so solly.

For Hal and his ilk, it stayed glassy all day with dropping swell but the best shape through the tide change in months. The drop in swell and especially with the growing lunar tide with regular low to high conditions, and the river going to steady flow can make for some epic late September conditions.

Remember the VP candidate the democrats ran with HRC? The guy from West Virginia that was gonna bring in the Hispanic vote because he spent a year as a missionary in Central America? That guy was gonna be president if HRC choked on a chicken bone?

For extra points, without looking it up, what was his name?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I’ve brought that up a half dozen times with no comments. Better than Trump is a no brainer but yet to be proven. She’ll get her chance in 2024 (given JB lives that long, maybe sooner), the republicans don’t have a presidential candidate.

Forget Trump, I don’t understand why some of you people are still worried about him. He was too old in 2016, in 2024 he’s likely to be institutionalized. (See Joe Biden today)

I’d like to see the democrats come up with someone other than Ms. Harris. She’s a female in the old boy democrat network who’s major qualifications were her gender and multiracial makeup.

I have yet to see anything progressive in her politics so it won’t be a surprise that blind partisan groundswell will carry her through. So wokie, fecalface, etc., so solly.

For Hal and his ilk, it stayed glassy all day with dropping swell but the best shape through the tide change in months. The drop in swell and especially with the growing lunar tide with regular low to high conditions, and the river going to steady flow can make for some epic late September conditions.

Remember the VP candidate the democrats ran with HRC? The guy from West Virginia that was gonna bring in the Hispanic vote because he spent a year as a missionary in Central America? That guy was gonna be president if HRC choked on a chicken bone?

For extra points, without looking it up, what was his name?
Harris doesn't have it.

She doesn't know how to control her facial expression and vocal tone.

That is a deal killer.

That will kill the deal.

Tim

Reactions: mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Single filer? Or household?
Household, definitely middle on the coast. Not sure where you'd draw the line for a single filer.

Either way, what I'm getting at is the ability of the State of California to extract income from its citizens should be of no surprise.

Reactions: Havoc

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Harris doesn't have it.

She doesn't know how to control her facial expression and vocal tone.

That is a deal killer.

That will kill the deal.

Tim
Soooooo

What’s on the menu? Convince me that the democrats would run someone outside of their safe space. Again, remember that JB and KH were at the bottom of the erBB choices. What they’ve done is exactly what? Mostly what I expected of them. Nothing. Photo op. IMHO dems, at least those that are in to the progressive side, got pawned.

Moon is getting big. Go outside. Don’t forget the bug spray.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Soooooo

What’s on the menu? Convince me that the democrats would run someone outside of their safe space. Again, remember that JB and KH were at the bottom of the erBB choices. What they’ve done is exactly what? Mostly what I expected of them. Nothing. Photo op. IMHO dems, at least those that are in to the progressive side, got pawned.

Moon is getting big. Go outside. Don’t forget the bug spray.
I expect the worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: laidback

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Trump is relevant because he's the favorite to win the 2024 GOP nomination and he's only served one term. The people in the desert have fancy sh!t because they're good at handicapping. Trump's the surest bet. He wins the straw polls at conservative events and he reliably outperforms the polling at the ballot box. Most primaries are won with pluralities and Trump has a majority and the most motivated voters.

There was a time being too old sounded like a deal-breaker. Then I watched the Segregationist drool on himself and somehow beat Klobuchar and Buttigieg in the majority black (D) primary in South Carolina.