I Want A TKF

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Are you specifically talking about a certain model - the Lightbender, Twinsman or Plasmic. The only complaint Ive heard about the Twinsman is its not as fast as a TKF, probably because it wants to stay in the pocket
I was thinking of Lightbender specifically as a direct replacement for conditions when I would’ve grabbed TKF last year. Has a fishy outline and has some glide if you want it to. I didn’t like it with raked Asher Pacey hybrid keels but you could certainly go that route if you wanted it to feel more TKF.

Plasmic is pretty chunky and definitely has better lower end than a TKF. But I’ve ridden mine from knee to head high and been impressed. I swear it’s the magic bonzer channel.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
these look fun

View attachment 116234

View attachment 116235
his sd fish looks good too. very similar to a cc fish. the hb fish uses spiral vee instead of single concave exit. anyone ridden one of his fish? how long is sakals wait?

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I get boards from both cc and Sakal. Sakal was 2 months- now 3ish. CC was 3-now 4ish. Add an issue with moonlight or the blank, and u can add more time. My kid has a cc longboard on order and that will be 4 months. And get glass ons. Especially on the cc side. Never ridden the Sakal fish. Message me if u want more info on either. I figure if u want a true fish, stick to SD shapers true to the OGs. Kind of how retodd links shapers to their influencer/school of thought. CC is from the skip line.

jwd

Nov 24, 2004
I get boards from both cc and Sakal. Sakal was 2 months- now 3ish. CC was 3-now 4ish. Add an issue with moonlight or the blank, and u can add more time. My kid has a cc longboard on order and that will be 4 months. And get glass ons. Especially on the cc side. Never ridden the Sakal fish. Message me if u want more info on either. I figure if u want a true fish, stick to SD shapers true to the OGs. Kind of how retodd links shapers to their influencer/school of thought. CC is from the skip line.
I've been looking for a CC fish on the east coast for a while. Good info on the glass ons. thanks!

Reactions: urchined