*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Once intubated, aren't they supposed to be facing down?

Easier for them to breath with less weight on their heart/lungs?

:shrug:

This is the standard protocol over here.

Wierd to see people sitting up in bed while intubated.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Once intubated, aren't they supposed to be facing down?
No.

Easier for them to breath with less weight on their heart/lungs?

Not always, but sometimes.

ABGs tells the tale.

If the patient actually needs to be proned (sometimes they don't) typical protocol is 18 hours prone and 6 hours supine if tolerated.

However have had patients proned 3 or 4 days without being supine.

Man do they stink when we flip em back over.:sick:

This is the standard protocol over here.
No, it isn't.

Wierd to see people sitting up in bed while intubated.
It's actually normal standard of practice, improves ventilation, and is standard protocol provided a central or arterial line is not placed in the groin.

Reactions: tacos

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Biden admin is completely nuts.

Aggressive tactics and coercion are the last thing the vax effort needs.

Here's how this will go:

Supreme Court will rule against the Biden admin's mandate.

Many unvaccinated individuals, and possibly vaccinated individuals, will harden more to the idea of receiving a vax (or future vax), this time as a matter of principle.

Reactions: Kaido and Havoc

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Many unvaccinated individuals, and possibly vaccinated individuals, will harden more to the idea of receiving a vax (or future vax), this time as a matter of principle.
especially since these new strains coming out wont cower to the current vaccine. I def did not think I was signing up to get shots every 6 months or year or whatever it wind up being.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
especially since these new strains coming out wont cower to the current vaccine. I def did not think I was signing up to get shots every 6 months or year or whatever it wind up being.
How did you not foresee this? Pfizer was saying this before they released the first batch. It's the "software as a service" business model. You are now on a mandatory subscription service. The Mu variant will be used to push the booster. They are testing the 4th (booster) shot in Israel.

Where are you getting that info?

Reactions: Aardwolf

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
How did you not foresee this? Pfizer was saying this before they released the first batch. It's the "software as a service" business model. You are now on a mandatory subscription service. The Mu variant will be used to push the booster. They are testing the 4th (booster) shot in Israel.
I have yet to hear any discussion of when all this could be lifted. What infection rate is considered "safe"? How many boosters are you willing to get?

Follow the science....
Q: What happened to 14 days?
A: Show me your papers!

And now this:
According to news.com.au, the complexes have been placed under lockdown by NSW Health authorities, who are now monitoring and policing alcohol deliveries “as part of a policy to limit the number of drinks being consumed each day.”

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
And now this:
According to news.com.au, the complexes have been placed under lockdown by NSW Health authorities, who are now monitoring and policing alcohol deliveries “as part of a policy to limit the number of drinks being consumed each day.”
What the actual fuck? Unless the limit is more than 20 per person:

edit: Age-restricted?! Harden the fuck up, youtube.

• Haha
Reactions: kelpcutter

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I have yet to hear any discussion of when all this could be lifted. What infection rate is considered "safe"? How many boosters are you willing to get?

Follow the science....
Q: What happened to 14 days?
A: Mandatory vaccines by executive order

And now this:
Seems like this is what most people want. :shrug:

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: Havoc
Feb 9, 2019
Just thinking in a different sphere.
The situation in Afghanistan. I dont doubt the virus spreads easily and quickly.
I wonder if the taliban had flu shots?
Nothing seemed to slow them down.
Im sort of stuck in the Americas somewhere. No vaccines here. Handwashing and masks in the larger townships. Apart from the initial effect on the most vulnerable, doesnt seem to be out of control. Hard to say with no media.
Zika virus has been forgotten, it was the last big concern.
Dengue/malaria is still a problem.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
The situation in Afghanistan. I dont doubt the virus spreads easily and quickly.
I wonder if the taliban had flu shots?
Nothing seemed to slow them down.
It's called herd immunity. If you have a herd of goats, you are immune (probably to lots of stuff).

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not vaxxed? fvvk you, from SE NC :cheers:

If he understood normal human behavior he wouldn't be so angry.

It's likely his own personal deficiencies prevent him from doing so.

He's also likely suffering from a lack of perspective.

Per the CDC, there's been well over 130,000,000 COVID 19 infections in the USA.
The US population is around 330,000,000.

Last edited:

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
If he understood normal human behavior he wouldn't be so angry.

It's likely his own personal deficiencies prevent him from doing so.

He's also likely suffering from a lack of perspective.
Maybe his emotional outburst is completely justified under the circumstances and he's not suffering from anything other than 7 days straight in the ICU. So there's that, Dr. Phil.

Reactions: tacos and vanrysss

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Biden admin is completely nuts.

Aggressive tactics and coercion are the last thing the vax effort needs.

Here's how this will go:

Supreme Court will rule against the Biden admin's mandate.

This reminds me of when Hamas sends rockets into Israel and then the Israelis shoot back and the Palestinians say, "Oh, you really blew it now!"

It's not like the anti vax people were waiting for the right conditions to get the vax.

It's about "tell me what you want so I can not give it to you."

The GOP wants the pandemic to go bad under JB's watch so they can take take power in 22 and 24.

I think the covid deniers should have to go work in the overrun ICU wards.

Marched in there like the german's marched through the death camps after the war.

Or better yet, they can get infected by the virus and sent into quarantine.

Reactions: tacos

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

It's not like the anti vax people were waiting for the right conditions to get the vax

Though I cannot speak for anyone else, that's exactly what I'm waiting for... Actually, not so much the "right conditions", more so when the "trial period" is over, and the thing actually works.

Personally know of dead from covid while vaccinated stories, multiple.

Re: supine protocol in España:

Here's the study an ER head nurse friend of mine stated as the rationale for said protocol.

It may vary amongst EU members he told me. Guess I spoke too soon. My apologies.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Personally know of dead from covid while vaccinated stories, multiple.
... .
Is that dead with both shots and getting covid 2 weeks or more after second shot?

PS I have been to Fuerteventura on a windsurfing holiday. It is a popular destination for British tourists, I was living in the UK at that time. I think Spain is open to British tourists right now isn't it? Both countries about 70% adult vaxed I believe.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Is that dead with both shots and getting covid 2 weeks or more after second shot?

PS I have been to Fuerteventura on a windsurfing holiday. It is a popular destination for British tourists, I was living in the UK at that time. I think Spain is open to British tourists right now isn't it? Both countries about 70% adult vaxed I believe.
1-) good friends mother: (89 yo)

Both shots done. One month after visiting, exactly a month after his mom's second shot my buddy came down here to catch some waves. He was here for 3 weeks, and a month after returning (so, 2 months and 3 weeks after her second vax) he lost his mother.

Due to covid, according to the public autopsy. Private autopsy revealed severe clotting in her brain.

2-) mother in laws elderly residence roommate: (76 yo)

3 months after 2nd vax, died of cerebral hemorrhage.

Public autopsy: covid
Private autopsy: severe cerebral hemorrhage

3-) sister in laws ex: (48 yo)

1 month after 2nd vax, dead.

Public autopsy: covid
Private autopsy: none carried out. (His parents were too distraught to even think about it)

These above are all first hand, personally known, cases. Surely there's lots and lots of others.

P.S. I "thank" British tourism for covid in Fuerteventura. Before we opened up to them, the case load was strictly nominal for an island of 125,000-150,000. The week after they started coming, our cases spiked severely.

:dancing::crazy2::trout::violin: