If being lazy and stupid wasn't enough....regular cannabis usage doubles chances of heart attack.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
From article

“Cannabis users were more likely to be male, unmarried, cigarette as well as e-cigarette smokers and heavy alcohol drinkers”

Oh wow single dudes who smoke and drink heavily are likely to have heart attacks ? Let’s blame the weed though!

Oooh and this gem
They studied 35 people aged 19 to 30, half of whom had a history of consuming cannabis.

35 people hahahahha solid sample size!

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
I smoke weed to temper down my genius intellect. Without I feel like Dr Manhattan and everyone around me are pretty much ants. It works a bit too well though.
That's kind of why I started smoking weed when I was 13. I couldn't fit in with the other kids on account of liking to read books and use big words and other nerd stuff, so I thought that if I could shave a few points off the old IQ I could make some friends.
It didn't work. Just made me weirder and more anxiety-ridden. And stupider, but maybe the wrong kind of stupid. :shrug: :foreheadslap:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Them pencil pushers should have just visited the erBB for better clarity. 15 y/o when I bought my first 2.2 pounds of rock - dirt weed in Baja. 60 years later, still rolling fattys, gin n' tonics a few times a week, swilling beer like Kento & life continues in paradise.

There was, a hiccup heart related mur-mur at one time but the science of drugs, well ....
has let me push the boundaries, of life.

"come at me, bro!" :dancing:

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Oh man, where to start? The study is garbage, like most studies that report conclusions other than "we don't know", but if another study done equally poorly concluded some shlt about covid most of you would be like "don't deny science! What are you, a heart doctor?" :foreheadslap:

After smoking the best available, morning to night, every day, for 17 years, and then stopping "cold turkey" for about a month now; I believe that pot, for better or worse, levels me out emotionally and slows down my thought process. It protects me from exposing myself to strong feelings. When I was high, I didn't want to be cold. I didn't want to be tired. I sure as hell didn't want to be sad. It acted as a buffer to make me act and think in such a way as to not reach emotional or physical extremes. Running at a permanent 6 is attractive in some ways, compared to dealing with the full scale of 0-10. It makes you want to be happy and comfortable, and find ways to be those things.
Now I'm a bit of a mess sometimes. I get in a hurry and forget things. Last night, at the end of a stressful 60 hour work week, in pain and upset, I had a full on episode at work when I couldn't spin a pen around my thumb like the expoditer can. Cursing, sweating, breathing hard, went outside in the alley trying over and over and over and failing, punched a brick wall...it was embarrassing and uncomfortable. I'm alright with it though, part of the package of being me.
It took wanting to live a more psychologically varied and rich life, to want to step out into the cold, be tired, be sad, feel everything to WANT to stop smoking weed. I don't want to go back, for a while anyhow. Now I want to be in my 30s and get a little of everything, including goosebumps. I want to deal with being angry, I want to cry sometimes. When I'm older, and looking at things that there is just no getting around, dealing with shlt like what oneula is going through, I may very well want to get super high...because, fvck, what the fvck are you supposed to do, just think about that shlt? Nah. For now though, I want to go through stuff and let my brain do what it's going to do about it.
Physically, after so long using the stuff 24/7...I'm fine. My blood pressure is right where it should be. I breathe naturally about 4 or 5 times a minute, and can run until my legs give out, so I just don't think it's all that harmful, physically. I do fear that inhaling burning plant matter is cancer causing, but I base that on nothing and maybe it isn't true. Either way, after almost two decades of burning the world's best stuff all day every day, I can tell you it doesn't fvck a person up like cigarettes do.

What a long rant, I must have needed to get that out. Hope it helps someone to read, or adds interesting information to your idea of cannabis.

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
have cut down quite a bit since the pandemic. went from all day functioning stoner since the age of 14 to a after dinner or right before bed at the age of 40. just didnt like myself when i sitting at home all day during the lockdown plus getting high. felt to looserish,.

I however experience the opposite of @stringcheese these days since ive cut back. where it used to give me a one track mind, let me hone in on one thing a time, and stay out of my own way - these days if I puff in the middle of the day my thoughts are overwhelming, i second guess, and get to much in my feels.

i think its cyclical though and will eventually turn around again - although not sure i want to go back to all day steez anymore. i find myself way more present in social sitch's, less mood swings, more energy, nicer, happier in general, but that after dinner smoke feels so good, and now it actually works - like every time.

As far as the article - doc says hearts beating like a champ..blood pressure/ cholesterol all near perfect. best shape of my life and physical activity including surfing has never felt better.