Is it weird that these “once in a century” weather events happen every year now?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
News media hype. Read Great Storms Of The Jersey Shore for a historical perspective.

Also look into the psychological phenomenon where humans naturally tend to believe that the things they experience in the present are worse than anything ever experienced in history. The reminiscence bump is also in play as people tend to have fonder memories of things in their youth.......ie the weather was always perfect when I was young but now there are tornadoes everywhere. Gotta run.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Regular tornado warnings in NJ is totes normal
Back in the 70s my father was the project manager on a construction project near Pennsville, NJ and the job site and his office trailer took a direct hit from a tornado. They basically had to start the entire construction project over except for the slab and footings. Tornadoes do happen in NJ.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Back in the 70s my father was the project manager on a construction project near Pennsville, NJ and the job site and his office trailer took a direct hit from a tornado. They basically had to start the entire construction project over except for the slab and footings. Tornadoes do happen in NJ.
When was the last time there this many in a single summer?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Apocalyptic thinking is a common theme among cults. The climate cult is no different.
Yeah, you're right. It's just summer.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yeah, you're right. It's just summer.

It's just summer.

Imagine unironically posting 3 CNN articles