YOLO ALERTS

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wait. Ordering off menu is becoming a thing?
I figured it might be for someone like Ruka!
All mine are used (or unridden customs- thanks Mr Steve!). I figured this was a good chance to test out the longer plasmic design for a few hundred $ less than a new (Pro-tip: I called and asked if they could knock off $50 and they did. obviously his used personals are mostly profit). He did say the Townsend has more curve in the outline, so if I ordered one with the channel it would ride a bit smaller than its length compared these "Plas-mids". We'll see. I'm guessing I'll like this... but probably want to go shorter, like 6'8-10, on a new one.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
glad to hear. you running thruster or twin + trailer? this one reminds me of an Insanity with a more refined front end. maybe a little more pronounced concave as well. i have a couple spots in mind that sound similar to what you're describing. deeper water reef waves that aren't usually super steep but can break pretty big.
Only two surfs so far so not much to say yet...
First surf was medium, pivot thrusters as I had them in the pile. It moved around nicely and would likely use this for smaller surf. These worked well and would use these when the break is easier and more friendly.

I chatted with Matt he suggested larger front fins and use the existing medium fin as a trailer. Waves were good yesterday so I quickly swapped the front fins with Album Uprights. This also went very well. Definitely more drive and hold, which was needed for one of the waves that I got.

I think the board works with a range of fin options. Keep me updated on what you find works for you. I need more time for a more definitive conclusion...

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
View attachment 115616

It’s not on the YOLO spectrum (e.g. Poly, I emailed the shaper, it’s only one color, $450 and it’s local), but since it’s an Album rip off I’ll post it in here.

7’0 x 20” x 2.6” x 40 liters
#noyolo ? Man, fatherhood has really changed you!
I mean, for $450, do you even get artisanal sand-throughs or sloppy beguilingly imperfect tint color work?? Maybe you can at least spray paint some wavy circles on the deck

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It’s an airbrush meant to look like a resin tint
7’0 twin is so fun. soul crushed everybody in the lineup, did gay hipster turns and drove home happy. I can see why guys ride these all the time.
Soul crushed everybody in the lineup! :LOL:
There's a Havoc inside all of us. The existential question is whether we give in to our basest desires...
My last two boars are 7' Dankness & Plasmid. Sigh. Self-loathing... but yeah, fun.
#cantbeatemjoinem
Q: Do your arms automatically raise above your head on the swooping bottom turns too?? LOL

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
7’0 twin is so fun. soul crushed everybody in the lineup, did gay hipster turns and drove home happy. I can see why guys ride these all the time.
This made my day, thanks for keeping it real, and I can attest, it is not just you. I need a support group.