Album Surfboards

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
They're uploading right now

Thank god that isn't a 6'2 or else I'd be posting my screenshot and having to explain my actions to my Mrs.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
can anyone with both an Insanity & Bullet comment on their feasibility as a 2-board quiver? too much overlap in range?

I know some folks here dig the Twinsman-Lightbender combo

in my conversations w/ Matt he's recommended a 5'10 x 19.5 x 2.5 Insanity and a 5'7.5 x 20 x 2.44 Bullet

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
First session on the Bullet twin. Waves were pretty sh1t like chest high windswell and stiff side shore winds but there were some wedges standing up and allowing for a turn or two occasionally. Board felt really good! Good entry into waves, tons of drive off the rail. No funny slips or weirdness, plenty of hold. Only had a few turn sections but managed a couple cutties and slices and then even got a backside snap on a steep closeout section that felt pretty good. Taking a new board out in conditions like this is normally a disaster but it worked out this time. Ran Rasta twins for the first time ever and I reckon they felt pretty good as well.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Do you ever have trouble switching boards, more so twin to thruster vs long / short twin?
Yeah sometimes. Usually going from boards with easy glide back to thrusters that need to be worked a bit more for speed. Just like anything though, the more you ride different equipment the more you get used to making the little adjustments. I used to struggle more when I was first experimenting with non-thruster boards but now I can usually catch my mistakes pretty quickly. Like if I hop up on my first wave back on a twin fin and start grinding away on that back foot it just instantly feels terrible and I know right away why and how to adjust.