I feel stupider already. Much stupider.

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
I think the show provides an excellent window into the world of modern surfing.
It is also informative, even for those who already surf.
I found the explanation of "backside surfing" to be fascinating.
And please, no more spoilers.
You don't want to ruin it for those who are DVRing the series.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
And for those who want a small glimpse behind the scenes, The Lineup with Dave Prodan podcast featured Joe Turpel and Cassie Randolph who talked about the Ultimate Surfer, episodes 1 and 2:

Reactions: sdsrfr

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Gidget
Leash
Blue Crush
Step Into Liquid
Laird's creamy cum creamer
Ultimate Surfer

Cold corpse fooking

What's next? Why must "our" sport be prostitutionalized so? It hurts #metoo!

SUP Foil Wing Spring Suit Bootie Man - out

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
To be fair, pretty much all sports/hobbies have been whored out for $$$ over the ages.
Surfing is not special (in that regard)

Also, surfing is pretty amazing, so it makes sense that some would try to proliferate it and profit.
But, it also takes years of drive and dedication, often weathering decades of disappointment.
The masses won't put up with all that.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Too much time and effort to take up surfing, only perfect for those who live near quality waves, no family and work commitments, and don't mind looking like a doofus during the learning curve phase (ie. kids/teens)

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site

Crime against humanity:bricks::toilet::monkey:
Whatever you think about these pursuits, it actually is pretty amazing that he had a hand in popularizing:
--Big wave tow surfing
--Stand up paddle surfing
--Foil surfing

His training regimen has not gained traction yet. Includes ice plunges and riding an exercise bike in a sauna turned up so hot (over 200F?!?) he has to wear oven mittens to hold onto the handles.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Whatever you think about these pursuits, it actually is pretty amazing that he had a hand in popularizing:
--Big wave tow surfing
--Stand up paddle surfing
--Foil surfing

His training regimen has not gained traction yet. Includes ice plunges and riding an exercise bike in a sauna turned up so hot (over 200F?!?) he has to wear oven mittens to hold onto the handles.
Laird will live to 120 - and will be charging til the end. Say what you will, he's still in f'ing phenomenal shape. And he's a damned hoot to talk to. I've always loved interviewing him. I must give him da props.