*** Official Fin Thread ***

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
yes (thanks again) size is pretty spot on B&H ( I had to mess with it a bit)
Rode twice, neither time in really good conditions, but one session had some size and power. For me they have a weird release at the apex of the turn that throws my timing off. Sort of like feeling drive through the first part of the turn, but once my board reaches a point heading back towards the top, it suddenly loses that drive. Going to try them a few more times ymmv

Last edited:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Random orbital sander to shape it, then 220 dry through 800 wet sand
Thanks.

I ended up doing the same thing. But, I cut it with my mutli-tool then hit it with sand paper. I ended up trying using the NVS Taylor Knox design. Just roughed it into my fins and started cutting.

@griffinsurfboard is on to something because the fins definitely feel much better. Loose and lots of drive.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
unusual tri-fin

Amasunzu is an elaborate hairstyle traditionally worn by Rwandan men and unmarried women,. he hairstyle indicated social status, and men who did not wear Amasunzu were looked on with suspicion until the 20th century. The style was also worn by unmarried women after the age of 18–20 years, indicating that they are of marriageable age.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
unusual tri-fin

Amasunzu is an elaborate hairstyle traditionally worn by Rwandan men and unmarried women,. he hairstyle indicated social status, and men who did not wear Amasunzu were looked on with suspicion until the 20th century. The style was also worn by unmarried women after the age of 18–20 years, indicating that they are of marriageable age.
And this is where Simon 'got his' idea for the Thruster.*
*I myself arm going with the Twin.