Can we talk about Marjorie Taylor Green?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Meh, it was 82 degrees as I was wearing it. It has pockets. And I'm laughing that's your only response.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so stocked on life.

fook.

Yes, we caught about 3 dozen dungeness crab. But still out of season so had to throw back. Caught some jetty crabs and had kids and all had a good time fighting them in a bucket. Was just like the movie Jarhead but with crabs instead of scorpions. Fish and Game LTAO hard after ensuring we didn't snag any dungeness. But literally last heave, lot of distractions, slipped off jetty rocks, slammed lower back and left leg into rocks below. Barnacle slices galore and what is going to be huge contusion right above left ass-cheek. Psyched on surfing tomorrow - no go now. So bummed as it's gonna be good for a while. Running a 10K in two weeks and I hope this doesn't fook me.

Overall an awesome time (two groups partying had a Blondie vs. Bob Marley rivalry going) but fook...:cautious:

And no, CA isn't done yet. Not even close. It still has an ocean, right? :socrazy:
Ocean is not worth the rest.

I hope you're ok after your fall, that sounds like an ankle breaker if it was me

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Ocean is not worth the rest.

I hope you're ok after your fall, that sounds like an ankle breaker if it was me
Thanks - luckily it was more of a slow, semi-controlled fall into the water but rocks were full of barnacles and sharp. Probably slipped on the same seaweed I had fished off the bottom an hour ago. Leg is pretty superficial but lower back is all swollen. Only thing I had was my brick phone and my fishing license - both survived fine.

"The rest" that you speak of is purely subjective and kinda just social-media farmed bullshit and isn't really real unless you allow it to be. Like thinking everyone in Japan is a bagelhead because of a few viral videos. The ocean is as real as it gets.

Not lost on me that you didn't compare the Sierras, Central Coast, Trinity, etc. but urban sprawl instead. Comparing fauna from SoCal to Sonora desert isn't exactly inspiring. Cactus, scrubbrush, and concrete in both with strip malls aplenty. And don't tell me you moved there for the majesty of cacti. It is funny that you used to deride the entire desert as a shithole and I'm the one who told you that it's great to visit and pretty in its own way. But not to live in! :roflmao:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Thanks - luckily it was more of a slow, semi-controlled fall into the water but rocks were full of barnacles and sharp. Probably slipped on the same seaweed I had fished off the bottom an hour ago. Leg is pretty superficial but lower back is all swollen. Only thing I had was my brick phone and my fishing license - both survived fine.

"The rest" that you speak of is purely subjective and kinda just social-media farmed bullshit and isn't really real unless you allow it to be. Like thinking everyone in Japan is a bagelhead because of a few viral videos. The ocean is as real as it gets.

Not lost on me that you didn't compare the Sierras, Central Coast, Trinity, etc. but urban sprawl instead. Comparing fauna from SoCal to Sonora desert isn't exactly inspiring. Cactus, scrubbrush, and concrete in both with strip malls aplenty. And don't tell me you moved there for the majesty of cacti. It is funny that you used to deride the entire desert as a shithole and I'm the one who told you that it's great to visit and pretty in its own way. But not to live in! :roflmao:
I hate the term, but I'm pretty sure this is gaslighting

I lived in CA my whole life. Stuff you see with your own eyes is not social-media farmed bullshit. It is real, and it is undeniable. And as beautiful as the non-coastal areas are in CA, why would you want to live there and be subject to the tax, oppression and the expenses when there are biomes in the more free states that are just like the ones in CA?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

I lived in CA my whole life. Stuff you see with your own eyes is not social-media farmed bullshit. It is real, and it is undeniable. And as beautiful as the non-coastal areas are in CA, why would you want to live there and be subject to the tax, oppression and the expenses when there are biomes in the more free states that are just like the ones in CA?
No, Gaslighting is your cathedral BS. You know damn well what was going on with that and it went way deeper than some incel hicks randomly ransacking.

Oppression? Really? Don't you think that's a little melodramatic to the point of needing smelling salts after you typed that? Did it REALLY affect you that deeply? :rolleyes: You sound very much like you have been drinking the State of Jefferson Kool-Aid. This lack of freedom you claim is only existing in your mind.

No matter how many internet articles you read about the "exodus" to Phoenix (and has anyone followed you?) and Austin, I think you are going to have a lot of trouble convincing anyone that S. Arizona is superior in any way to California.

Reactions: mundus and Aruka

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
No, Gaslighting is your cathedral BS. You know damn well what was going on with that and it went way deeper than some incel hicks randomly ransacking.

Oppression? Really? Don't you think that's a little melodramatic to the point of needing smelling salts after you typed that? Did it REALLY affect you that deeply? :rolleyes: You sound very much like you have been drinking the State of Jefferson Kool-Aid. This lack of freedom you claim is only existing in your mind.

No matter how many internet articles you read about the "exodus" to Phoenix (and has anyone followed you?) and Austin, I think you are going to have a lot of trouble convincing anyone that S. Arizona is superior in any way to California.
Yup, this is gaslighting

You're trying to say lack of freedom is something that exists only in the mind? I've seen it, and it got 1000x worse during the pandemic. CA has more rules and and fees for every little thing in a way that doesn't exist in other states. Whether it be something as simple as firework sales or as serious as business-crippling legislation, the nanny state is at home in that state. Take something like emissions tests too. All that matters when it comes to emission is the sniffer at the tailpipe, yet in CA its a complete systems inspection marked by bureaucratic rules designed by people who've never opened the hood of a car. And it has zero to do with safety either

Then it went nuclear when covid started. Why should someone in Quincy be subject to the same rules as LA? Why keep everything closed 12 months too long?

Oh yeah, 3 families have followed me here and another native who I've been close friends with since Chico is probably coming out here in the next couple months too

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Oh yeah, ocean is definitely not worth it if you can’t have plastic bags in grocery stores.

That bastion of libertarian freedom, Nevada, is now mandating masks indoors.

Not California.

By Felicia.
Nevada is a Dem controlled wasteland since nearly everyone lives in Vegas in that state

Nice try

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yup, this is gaslighting

You're trying to say lack of freedom is something that exists only in the mind? I've seen it, and it got 1000x worse during the pandemic. CA has more rules and and fees for every little thing in a way that doesn't exist in other states. Whether it be something as simple as firework sales or as serious as business-crippling legislation, the nanny state is at home in that state. Take something like emissions tests too. All that matters when it comes to emission is the sniffer at the tailpipe, yet in CA its a complete systems inspection marked by bureaucratic rules designed by people who've never opened the hood of a car. And it has zero to do with safety either

Then it went nuclear when covid started. Why should someone in Quincy be subject to the same rules as LA? Why keep everything closed 12 months too long?

Oh yeah, 3 families have followed me here and another native who I've been close friends with since Chico is probably coming out here in the next couple months too
I think your perception of oppression is insane and chicken-littling, actually worse, because you actually seem to believe the sky has fallen. Lack of freedom? Are you talking about because you had to temporarily wear a mask into a business for 10 minutes? "Business-crippling legislation" is one of those tropes that's been around forever; it comes from companies like Clark Foam whining about not being able to pollute to their heart's content. You don't even own a business and never have so you can't really say that you are oppressed there either. I remember you complaining about the horrible taxes as a result of weed legalization and that completely went the opposite direction of what you claimed.

Firework sales are curtailed because of brush fires. No mystery there. And besides, anyone who has driven the 405 up and down during 4th of July or surrounding months won't really see oppression when it comes to fireworks.

Maybe you should be worried about auto emissions as Phoenix is one of the worst-polluted places in the US. https://www.iqair.com/us/usa/arizona/phoenix "In 2020, Phoenix was ranked as having some of the worst air quality in the country in the American Lung Association's State of the Air report. The city ranked 7th for year-round particle pollution. They also ranked Phoenix as 10th for short-term particle pollution."

The funny thing is you use the same exact terms as in those clickbait articles. They're designed to spin you up. And they're effective too. Like you give a fuck about the people of Quincy but the internet seems to make you, doesn't it? :roflmao: Seems like some of your ilk also got suckered too. Such a bad move long-term as it absolutely screws you financially for ever moving/retiring anywhere desirable. Well, there's some condos in coastal Florida that are priced to move.

Oh, and I'll leave this symbol of CA oppression right here:

1629063255649.jpeg

Well, in fairness, that guy stuck in the inside is going to be pinned inside that sandbar for a while and oppressed in that sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Woke AF

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I think your perception of oppression is insane and chicken-littling, actually worse, because you actually seem to believe the sky has fallen. Lack of freedom? Are you talking about because you had to temporarily wear a mask into a business for 10 minutes? "Business-crippling legislation" is one of those tropes that's been around forever; it comes from companies like Clark Foam whining about not being able to pollute to their heart's content. You don't even own a business and never have so you can't really say that you are oppressed there either. I remember you complaining about the horrible taxes as a result of weed legalization and that completely went the opposite direction of what you claimed.

Firework sales are curtailed because of brush fires. No mystery there. And besides, anyone who has driven the 405 up and down during 4th of July or surrounding months won't really see oppression when it comes to fireworks.

Maybe you should be worried about auto emissions as Phoenix is one of the worst-polluted places in the US. https://www.iqair.com/us/usa/arizona/phoenix "In 2020, Phoenix was ranked as having some of the worst air quality in the country in the American Lung Association's State of the Air report. The city ranked 7th for year-round particle pollution. They also ranked Phoenix as 10th for short-term particle pollution."

The funny thing is you use the same exact terms as in those clickbait articles. They're designed to spin you up. And they're effective too. Like you give a fook about the people of Quincy but the internet seems to make you, doesn't it? :roflmao: Seems like some of your ilk also got suckered too. Such a bad move long-term as it absolutely screws you financially for ever moving/retiring anywhere desirable. Well, there's some condos in coastal Florida that are priced to move.

Oh, and I'll leave this symbol of CA oppression right here:

View attachment 114673

Well, in fairness, that guy stuck in the inside is going to be pinned inside that sandbar for a while and oppressed in that sense.
For being as smart as you are, you're really out of touch and closed-minded

I also don't understand why it bothers you so much to hear truths about CA; I don't pretend to armchair psychologist so I'll just let the others work on that

Just to briefly touch on a few things
- Phoenix has emissions controls, they're common-sense ones that test what matters- tailpipe emissions. And I'd be careful of the-people-in-glass-houses effect when mentioning an air-pollution https://www.lung.org/getmedia/17c6cb6c-8a38-42a7-a3b0-6744011da370/sota-2021.pdf
- My wife owns a business, and I have to deal with it. So you're wrong there too
- I absolutely give a fuck about the citizens of Northern CA. I grew up there, I spent my youth there, I have family and family friends there. Kids shouldn't be subject to the same nonsense that Gavin is pushing on the big cities
- Not a bad move long-term at all. Your view of desirable is stuck in your bubble, but prices have skyrocketed here so highly the equity I'm making here is far outpacing the rate of equity building in CA while both saving money on taxes and leaving enough disposable income for more savings and more toys. When your income stays the same and your expenses are cut in half good stuff happens

edit-
That's mushy, onshore, and cold :dancing:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
What it boils down to is that I spend a lot less time on social media than you do so am a little more insulated against many of these social horrors that make the rounds on here. But I guess I learn about it here eventually. Superstraight is a good one. So were fixies. This is why I laugh about it all. If you go online, it is everywhere but in real life, walking down the street? Not really. Well, sometimes in Cambria.

Point by point:
- Are you only referring to auto emissions? It sounded like they had curtailed industrial emissions but were still struggling on the auto emissions front. So you might expect that to change. You know that CA is usually 20 years ahead of flyover country in just about everything. The transplants will force it when they get sick of the smog.
- OK my bad on that. I thought you were sole provider for some reason. Is it a small operation or something larger (office/shop, etc.)?
- It seemed like a very random podunk town, like someone from SoCal saying Blythe Yo, as you're from more the urban part of Norcal. The irony is that it's actually less authoritarian to have same Covid policy throughout state because otherwise, man, you can have freedom to do what you want but everyone who enters and leaves those towns is going to be under Pelican Bay-level scrutiny, especially after a couple people bring Covid in. Hell, maybe same endgame anyways.
-+ Oh and Newsom shot himself in the dick with the entire magazine for each course he had at French Laundry. His mandate on anything ended before the souffle rose.
- It's going to level off in those places; people are flaky too. They will just head to the next deemed-popular place. But places like California, Hawaii, Florida, they'll always have that consistent demand because of weather and ocean; you just can't get away from that face. Desirable parts of CA will continue to appreciate; places like Pixley less so. Glad you're doing well financially though. No doubt things are cheaper but goes back to just having so much more out here. Oregon, Washington too. The job change pretty much cut my health insurance costs by 90%, maybe more. If you use the savings to go to multiple tropical surf trips a year, that's more than justifiable.

Ha - yeah, those waves were actually pretty soft and playful overall. I mean, it hurt if you were in the wrong spot but beautiful day out. It will be very hard for you to convince me that CA is done. But you should continue to convince others, as many as possible.

You should take up golf if you haven't already. Nice courses where you're at and relatively cheap. Bring a 12er and hack away.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
What it boils down to is that I spend a lot less time on social media than you do so am a little more insulated against many of these social horrors that make the rounds on here. But I guess I learn about it here eventually. Superstraight is a good one. So were fixies. This is why I laugh about it all. If you go online, it is everywhere but in real life, walking down the street? Not really. Well, sometimes in Cambria.

Point by point:
- Are you only referring to auto emissions? It sounded like they had curtailed industrial emissions but were still struggling on the auto emissions front. So you might expect that to change. You know that CA is usually 20 years ahead of flyover country in just about everything. The transplants will force it when they get sick of the smog.
- OK my bad on that. I thought you were sole provider for some reason. Is it a small operation or something larger (office/shop, etc.)?
- It seemed like a very random podunk town, like someone from SoCal saying Blythe Yo, as you're from more the urban part of Norcal. The irony is that it's actually less authoritarian to have same Covid policy throughout state because otherwise, man, you can have freedom to do what you want but everyone who enters and leaves those towns is going to be under Pelican Bay-level scrutiny, especially after a couple people bring Covid in. Hell, maybe same endgame anyways.
-+ Oh and Newsom shot himself in the dick with the entire magazine for each course he had at French Laundry. His mandate on anything ended before the souffle rose.
- It's going to level off in those places; people are flaky too. They will just head to the next deemed-popular place. But places like California, Hawaii, Florida, they'll always have that consistent demand because of weather and ocean; you just can't get away from that face. Desirable parts of CA will continue to appreciate; places like Pixley less so. Glad you're doing well financially though. No doubt things are cheaper but goes back to just having so much more out here. Oregon, Washington too. The job change pretty much cut my health insurance costs by 90%, maybe more. If you use the savings to go to multiple tropical surf trips a year, that's more than justifiable.

Ha - yeah, those waves were actually pretty soft and playful overall. I mean, it hurt if you were in the wrong spot but beautiful day out. It will be very hard for you to convince me that CA is done. But you should continue to convince others, as many as possible.

You should take up golf if you haven't already. Nice courses where you're at and relatively cheap. Bring a 12er and hack away.
If I ever take up golf then you can make fun of me unmercifully and I'll have no recourse ;)

And about the business, small right now, mainly wholesale to retailers and pop-ups, shop is coming soon

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
If I ever take up golf then you can make fun of me unmercifully and I'll have no recourse ;)

And about the business, small right now, mainly wholesale to retailers and pop-ups, shop is coming soon
sh!t, golf is fun although I suck at it. Decent exercise too if you walk it.

Cool. Good luck with the business - hope it does well.

I do think we need to get you out here surfing actual good waves; not dribbly N. HB/Bolsa or non-breaking Tamarack, and without all the city noise. I don't know about Capitol Hill but the ocean is most definitely the Cathedral.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
As I say, temperament determines emotional triggers, which in turn triggers how you frame sh!t in your mind.

My friend had made millions in his construction business and he is the biggest crybaby/victim of the CA government.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

All you do is gaslight, TDS and orangeman bad in response to facts you do not like about Trump is textbook gaslighting,

• Haha