Goodbye, Shortboards - A Personal Manifesto

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Yes, I'm that asshole who is selling his remaining HP thrusters and keeping fishes, midlengths, and logs.

They are easier to surf and more functional in 95% of waves I ride.
I surf better on these boards than I do on a HPSB.
I don't care about contest standard ripping. I can rip as hard as I am capable, and in a style that pleases me, on these boards.
I am almost 40, have two kids, and I simply don't give a fuck about airs and blowtails.
I have returned to surfing after many years away, and I like to explore different feels and styles of wave riding.
I like speed, style, and maximizing the wave.
I was brainwashed by Taylor Steele videos in my youth, and I would rather be brainwashed by Jack Coleman "films" now.
I listen to Afrobeat and jazz music.

If you are alt-curious meet me by the changing room at the Mollusk in San Francisco. I won't tell your bros, promise.

Last edited:

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Hpsb are great for good to great waves with not too bad a crowd

this is rare in California
+1

when i lived in SF i sold all my shortboards; exclusively rode twins blah blah

now I live Hawaii and there are some waves that call for a hi-po shortboard; fun to learn to surf one again

all about what works for the waves on offer

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
btw i’m keeping stamps gb, shadow, and ci perenium in the quiver. all go better than any alt boar when there’s sum push. really want to get back on the perenium, that thing flies

Reactions: JDJ

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes, I'm that asshole who is selling his remaining HP thrusters and keeping fishes, midlengths, and logs.

They are easier to surf and more functional in 95% of waves I ride.
I surf better on these boards than I do on a HPSB.
I don't care about contest standard ripping. I can rip as hard as I am capable, and in a style that pleases me, on these boards.
I am almost 40, have two kids, and I simply don't give a fook about airs and blowtails.
I have returned to surfing after many years away, and I like to explore different feels and styles of wave riding.
I like speed, style, and maximizing the wave.
I was brainwashed by Taylor Steele videos in my youth, and I would rather be brainwashed by Jack Coleman "films" now.
I listen to Afrobeat and jazz music.

If you are alt-curious meet me by the changing room at the Mollusk in San Francisco. I won't tell your bros, promise.
Without question my peak surfing performance was from the age of 38-44 and I was riding the smallest boards I ever rode in my life.

Get in shape.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
btw i’m keeping stamps gb, shadow, and ci perenium in the quiver. all go better than any alt boar when there’s sum push. really want to get back on the perenium, that thing flies
what's the low end of the peregrine) chest high?

Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
CI Fever. Gone.
Various Pyzel Ghosts. Gone.
Rusty Model 8. For sale.
Pyzel Phantom. For sale.

Keeping pointy-nosed staps and guns. 6'8, 76', 8'3 ... for now. We'll see if I really need the 6'8. Maybe for barreling inside bar.
what size is that Phantom and when are you coming down south next??

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
was gonna say something fvcked up about only being almost 40 and only having two kids but ill save it.

you have the erbbs blessing. now go. narrow up that stance smoke a shitton of dank kine and channel your inner tudor

and if that dont work

heres a vals anonymous site that will take you in and embrace the inner you

val bros

say hi when you get there. im easy to spot. just look for the problem child throwing sh!t at passing cars on the great highway.

thatd be me.

Reactions: bluengreen

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Seems like a good idea, but i would be a little worried about duckdiving the things on good days unless surfing reef/points.