Tomo MPH

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I really like my V3 Nano. I hadn't surfed it for a while until met up with Havoc. I would still take the Revo over the Nano because the Revo rocker is, IMO, pretty much perfect, especially for the waves around Southern California. But Nano is a good time too.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest and jkb

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I really like my V3 Nano. I hadn't surfed it for a while until met up with Havoc. I would still take the Revo over the Nano because the Revo rocker is, IMO, pretty much perfect, especially for the waves around Southern California. But Nano is a good time too.
Interesting. So is the Revo rocker same as Evo, or more similar to another model?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Revo rocker is not the same as the Evo, according Dan. When I ordered, he said that Revo has a more pulled in nose and tail with more rocker than Evo. But it's pretty close. Nano feels like it has more rocker, especially in the nose.

Revo rocker may be closer to or perhaps even the same as the SP2/cymatic.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
My take on the Revo is that I didn't lose any ability to grovel v. Evo, but Revo has much better upside when waves are better. YMMV
Fair enough. Theres a lot of overlap, but for me, Evo works a bit better in softer waves, where SP2 likes punchy conditions. Sp2 one of the funnest boars IMO- makes me feel like I'm ripping. Curious about the revo tho, will have to try one.

Reactions: ReForest and JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Dam! All this new board talk has got me wanting to charge up my credit cards!

There is a stock V3 Nano in my dims. There is the stock 5'2 Cybersim in my dims (that @sh3 pointed out). The REVO has my attention and of course my recent GMM2 order. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The doge and shiba inu need to hit already! :ROFLMAO:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Dam! All this new board talk has got me wanting to charge up my credit cards!

There is a stock V3 Nano in my dims. There is the stock 5'2 Cybersim in my dims (that @sh3 pointed out). The REVO has my attention and of course my recent GMM2 order. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The doge and shiba inu need to hit already! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe stop buying meme coins. BTC and ETH up 30-50% over past month.

Jan 19, 2018
Cheers! Thanks for all the fin recs - I'll try out the AM1s and see how they go.

ReForest - when are you getting your XTR? It seems they haven't updated the order status since 8/10, but it seems like they bumped up your order from what you're saying? Would love to get my hydroshort soon, but I'm only into the 5th week and they stated an initial 6-week turnaround time.

@HalfBlood415 I ride a 5'6 and love the AM1 fins. I used to ride the mediums but have recently switched to the large and like them better. I've also been riding the Firewire fins in size large and really like those as well.

Johnny Norris from La Jolla likes the reactors in his. I didnt like those fins though.

Thats all i got for recs. I also like the Krypt Powerdrive fins in the Hydroshort as a thruster.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
@HalfBlood415 I don't think they bumped my order up or anything like that. I don't have any priority over there. lol. Although I've been told that orders that are paid in full do get priority :unsure:

Regardless, the guys in the shop cranking out the orders don't have anything to do with the list. They just move move move. The list is pretty much Shey's job. So your board might be close to getting done - or possibly even done. I was going to go by there today and see if my board was ready but not really in a rush since I probably wouldn't ride it in this size of swell.

If i see a Hydroshort in there I'll let ya know ;)(y)

Reactions: HalfBlood415
Jan 19, 2018
Cheers mate! I was getting that secondhand stoke from all of the updates you had; I'm glad to hear that the shop is moving out boards quick! I would imagine that my board might take a little bit of time as well since it has the PC and color + black rails. Fingers crossed that you're able to take your beauty home - let me know if there is a 5'9 HS (bluegrey with black rails) sitting all pretty on the racks.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Cheers mate! I was getting that secondhand stoke from all of the updates you had; I'm glad to hear that the shop is moving out boards quick! I would imagine that my board might take a little bit of time as well since it has the PC and color + black rails. Fingers crossed that you're able to take your beauty home - let me know if there is a 5'9 HS (bluegrey with black rails) sitting all pretty on the racks.
Well well well... I go to check on my board today and i think yours and mine were waiting in line right next to each other, waiting to be QC'd. Is this your board mate?

IMG_8225.jpgIMG_8226.jpg

Jan 19, 2018
Well well well... I go to check on my board today and i think yours and mine were waiting in line right next to each other, waiting to be QC'd. Is this your board mate?

View attachment 114890
Holy sh!t mate, fantastic find! Our boards were forged together in foam dust and stuffy rooms; linked forever, they are destined to leave this earth in a glassy offshore seascape; reunited at last, but this time for eternity.

In other words, she looks like a beaut as does your GMM2! Appreciate you taking time to look and take pics. Looking forward to holding her in my hands soon; hope she felt as clean as she looked (fingers crossed rails aren't too thicc).

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
That was the 1st thing I check - the rails! Mine felt really good! I didn't fondle your board - lol - just took a pic. But if yours come out like mine then i'm sure you will be stoked.

It was super weird. I found mine and when I saw the blue HS sitting next to mine it hit me that it might be yours. I looked around for another blue HS and it was the only one, so i took a pic and had a strong feeling it was yours.

I found randomly found my buddy's 5'0 Plasmic there too. There are a ton of board ready to be shipped or picked up. Its like a candy store in there. Gonna take the boys some beers and donuts tomorrow when i pick errr up. :jamon::jamon: