Long distance relationships?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Might've gotten myself into a little bit of trouble. Head over heels - 3,000 miles apart. :drowning:

We just met a week ago - instant attraction on both parts. Have been texting/facetiming/zooming 24/7 since and Im not the type of guy that usually texting/glued to my phone all day type at all but I cant get enough.

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Did it work out, can it work out? Luckily communication technology has made this a bit easier these days but tips/ tricks to keep things interesting?

I know intimacy is the key to a long lasting relationship at least for me, but save the perv-y sh!t for another thread. Looking for advice on how to actually make this work sans both of us having to fly to one another every other weekend.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Lockdown fever is trigger for the attraction and they do not work in long run

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If you really think that you have a special connection then it is worth pursuing. However you should both be honest with each other about if you and/or her are willing to move to make it work. Could be tough if you are both wrapped up in careers that are highly tied to a certain location, which it sounds like yours is.

Also, plan a trip where you both meet somewhere warm :dancing:

Reactions: CutnSnip

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Might've gotten myself into a little bit of trouble. Head over heels - 3,000 miles apart. :drowning:

We just met a week ago - instant attraction on both parts. Have been texting/facetiming/zooming 24/7 since and Im not the type of guy that usually texting/glued to my phone all day type at all but I cant get enough.

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Did it work out, can it work out? Luckily communication technology has made this a bit easier these days but tips/ tricks to keep things interesting?

I know intimacy is the key to a long lasting relationship at least for me, but save the perv-y sh!t for another thread. Looking for advice on how to actually make this work sans both of us having to fly to one another every other weekend.
How did you meet someone 3,000 miles away?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
you really fly gonna coast to coast for some poon tang? :monkey:
there's a million others like her out there, sorry to burst your bubble :trout:

Reactions: Northern_Shores

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It can work in situations like SD - OC/LA if you already have a long solid foundation of not long distance supporting the relationship.

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Last time I did it was right after college. Obviously didn't work out...

One of you is gonna have to make a change at some point if you really want to give it a go.

Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
If you really think that you have a special connection then it is worth pursuing. However you should both be honest with each other about if you and/or her are willing to move to make it work. Could be tough if you are both wrapped up in careers that are highly tied to a certain location, which it sounds like yours is.

Also, plan a trip where you both meet somewhere warm :dancing:
Shes in NY, im in LA - both of us have careers with plentiful career options in both place's. Me T.v.- film/ her fashion and i was entertaining a position in NYC a couple years ago that i eventually declined just cause it didnt feel like the right time but its not completely out of the question for me, as I have roots in NY having been born there, having family still there, etc.

The connection was strong right off the bat and keeps growing the more we talk. There is also a decent gap in age, me being the geezer in the scenario. I just booked her a flight out in here in a couple weeks which will be our first time hanging out in person with complete privacy and soberness.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
It can work in situations like SD - OC/LA if you already have a long solid foundation of not long distance supporting the relationship.
Ive had issues in the past with dating girls 10 miles away in LA because I considered that "distance" but they weren't her. Kind of why im tripping out. I dont usually fall like this and im realistic and logical when it comes to relationships. i just think this is different.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
The thrill of traveling NY-Calif for a relationship is fun for awhile. Less so with the hassles of covid. So you can probably give it a go for awhile, but I'd give yourself a set amount of time you're gonna do long distance. Say, 6 months top. Have a plan for ending up in the same location after that point. Otherwise, she's gonna meet someone, or you will, or some other job will come up for one of you and it'll take you and/or your heart somewhere else. And then it'll suck.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
split trips to each others local, then plan a solid week plus vaca somewhere. That should solidify whether you want to move to be with each other.
thanks that sounds like good advice.

She's coming out in a couple weeks - this will obviously be the make it break it scenario and if its all rainbows we will have to then figure out what this all really means as far as setting guidelines and whatnot.

I guess for now - im wondering if talking to her everyday is healthy? maybe not talking to her everyday will make the times we do connect more special? other things we can do online together other than fap. ways we can surprise each other and be as spontaneous as two people can be online. how to be romantic on a fricken zoom?

Reactions: grapedrink