Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Spark plug looks fun. I wouldn't mind seeing fin placement to see if Chandler approves.

FX looks like his answer to a puddle jumper hp or something like that?

The stumps I have are pretty new so I could see myself going to him in the next year and just asking him to make me something outside of the box that he's really stocked on.

Reactions: JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Spark plug looks fun. I wouldn't mind seeing fin placement to see if Chandler approves.

FX looks like his answer to a puddle jumper hp or something like that?

The stumps I have are pretty new so I could see myself going to him in the next year and just asking him to make me something outside of the box that he's really stocked on.
surprised you didn't go to him for your HP groveler needs
:poke:

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater and JDJ

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I gotta mix it up a little bit

gotta have at least a couple of mitsvens so people don't think i'm from orange county... not that there's anything wrong with that!
I only have 3 boards from SD shapers and none are my DD's (all stumps). I've gotten LOTS of comments from old salty dogs about how the boars look good but back in their day you'd never ride that board at this spot.

Stamps boards are magic tho so..... fug it.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I only have 3 boards from SD shapers and none are my DD's (all stumps). I've gotten LOTS of comments from old salty dogs about how the boars look good but back in their day you'd never ride that board at this spot.

Stamps boards are magic tho so..... fug it.
Yeah, I've had the same. I don't think most SD surfers know Stamps.
To be fair, I've thought the same when I see like a Becker longboar around here... What are you doing south of the Palos Verdes? I'm definitely not giving you the benefit of the doubt and I'm going on this right. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
never gotten chit from folks for riding stunps in SD. few local rippers have asked which I’m on as they have some of his of their own but that’s about it.

i do get high praise whenever holding my GH in Leucadia.

makes me chuckle.