Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Can’t say I didn’t look twice at that boar. Longer than I would really want tho.
Seems like the predecessor to The Moonstone longfish in the current range.

Reactions: Aruka

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Someone talk me out of it.
Looks good, mang.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Someone talk me out of it.

I had asked Matt about the Wilderness VS the Moonstone a while back. He said the Wilderness is fuller/less refined/meant to be a quad, and had a lot less R&D time on it compared to the Moonstone. My takeaway from it was that he seemed a lot more stoked on the Moonstone and he was pushing me that direction for what its worth

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I had asked Matt about the Wilderness VS the Moonstone a while back. He said the Wilderness is fuller/less refined/meant to be a quad, and had a lot less R&D time on it compared to the Moonstone. My takeaway from it was that he seemed a lot more stoked on the Moonstone and he was pushing me that direction for what its worth
thanks. that's helpful. if it was a twin I would have probably tried it but thinking such a long, strait outline and quads it's probably just a bit too directional.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
So bros, I'm not sure wha happen, but I was selling some boars in an O-side shop last week and a YOLO opportunity presented itself, and long story short... I came home with a new/unridden 7' Dankness single/quad. :foreheadslap: Wouldn't have bought it new, but I essentially traded 2 boars I never ride for it. So, no cash out... you know, it was pretty much free! And I was still net -1 boar.
Only ridden it once so far as a quad in marginal knee-high scripps pier, but it seems to do what I hoped (@Havoc -mode ML crowd killer for average/soft days weaving through the adult learners). I'd describe it as a mini Mini Glider, and is much more of what I want in a mid than the 7'2 single pin that I traded in. I've got a couple mushy reefs down south in mind. Not super sexy (and would usually go to Mitsven for an eggy shape like this), but I think it will be a solid, user-friendly addition to the quiver for years that I'll grab when I'm lazy and hopefully that my wife & kids & nephews could eventually use. #YOLO
8F84A4B5-030A-494B-9D18-2B019E16206D.jpg

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Looks like he's been testing out quads lately too
:monkey: Gonna take more of my money in '22.
Was literally thinking the same thing when pondering if a bullet order is in my future.

Plasmic > is more fun than Superbuzz,,,,, oK I said it.

I've never tried a Mr. Buzz though...
dunno the last boar I had so much fun on regardless of conditions.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I got a teaser pic of my 5'6 Twinsman last night and the light green color is spot-on. The finish sander is supposed to get to it today and then QC, so I'm hoping for a Friday pick-up. Mine doesn't have the dimension laminate that I've seen on some recent Albums, which I prefer. I'll post glamour shots when she's done. Right now she's a little rough around the edges.