NY and CA to require vaccinations for certain workers…..

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
About fukin' time.
This doesn't concern you deeply in terms of backlash? I mean white moderates like you/me seem to be pretty in favor of getting the vaccine, but it seems like a shitload of non-white (D) voters and the right 1/2 of the GOP just isn't having it.

I worry that the State of California and City of New York putting the hammer down on public sector employees might throw fuel on the anti-vax conflagration and only serve to harden resistance to it.

YMMV

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
This doesn't concern you deeply in terms of backlash? I mean white moderates like you/me seem to be pretty in favor of getting the vaccine, but it seems like a shitload of non-white (D) voters and the right 1/2 of the GOP just isn't having it.

I worry that the State of California and City of New York putting the hammer down on public sector employees might throw fuel on the anti-vax conflagration and only serve to harden resistance to it.

YMMV
You're exactly right.

When things become religion or political they break 50/50. Because the virus became 100% about politics from the beginning any policy put in place by a politician will be scrutinized and dismissed by half. Plus there has been a lot of dishonesty driven by politicians and the media that make policy impossible now.

The lesson, lying to people to gain compliance either by fear or implying a significance to an action that knowingly isn't true isn't going to build trust in future messages.

Also...if Israel and Japan are any indication....the vaccines are looking suspect. Is it really a vaccine if you need a booster every 90 days?

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Pretty ridiculous they group their employees who have natural immunity with no vax. Wouldn't be surprised to see lawsuits.

Reactions: Rlacey111

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

YMMV
Agree, but catering to feelz of idiots has not worked, tried the carrot now time for the stick.

Last edited:

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Which side is getting sick incurring hundreds of thousands dollars of medical bills or dying
A minority of the aged (like me) and the obese.

And who wants to risk the future of the next generation by depriving youth of education, socialization, and recreation (and now subjecting them to drugs with no long term safety or efficacy data) to protect the aged and obese?

Mundus!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
A minority of the aged (like me) and the obese.

And who wants to risk the future of the next generation by depriving youth of education, socialization, and recreation (and now subjecting them to drugs with no long term safety or efficacy data) to protect those people?

Mundus!
Keep repeating misinformation and enjoy the upcoming restrictions 100% caused by anti vaxxers.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
One day this virus will magically disappear.
What a completely idiotic statement.

"What’s even more remarkable about the 1918 flu, say infectious disease experts, is that it never really went away. After infecting an estimated 500 million people worldwide in 1918 and 1919 (a third of the global population), the H1N1 strain that caused the Spanish flu receded into the background and stuck around as the regular seasonal flu."

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
What a completely idiotic statement.

"What’s even more remarkable about the 1918 flu, say infectious disease experts, is that it never really went away. After infecting an estimated 500 million people worldwide in 1918 and 1919 (a third of the global population), the H1N1 strain that caused the Spanish flu receded into the background and stuck around as the regular seasonal flu."
you should look into the concepts of sarcasm and irony.

and I‘ve been trying to convince a few of the top morons on erBB that the Spanish flu never went away for at least a year now.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
you should look into the concepts of sarcasm and irony.

and I‘ve been trying to convince a few of the top morons on erBB that the Spanish flu never went away for at least a year now.
Ah. My apologies... I totally misunderstood the intent of your comment.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The barrier to vaccines isn't because someone posted something negative about them on Twitter. I think people are rightfully concerned about it and consume what information they can find. So far, in order of worst to less worst...the media, the states, and the fed gov has been wrong or flat out lied about everything COVID related. Now we have these fanatical vaccine freaks screaming information that is so patently false and the hard data is showing inconsistency at best that suspicion is growing. Leadership is in such a deep hole I don't know how they get out. If they'd been wrong about a couple of things..sure...but to be wrong about everything is concerning to say the least.