*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You think I like wearing a mask?

Or is it that straw man you have crafted to look like me?

Mr PRCD Strawcraft IV?
YOu didn't answer my question. I thought Lovecraft IV did a pretty good job in the time allotted. What do you think?

You and JFairy both like watching powerful institutions dunk on little people by forcing them to choose between vaccination or onerous testing and/or wear masks, so you are more similar than different.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
@PRCD, ...Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with dinner after work, then went on an epic MTB ride at sunset, then got the kids to bed and spent time with wifey.(it's called, 'I have a life')

Back to your replies,
Boomer? HA-HA! One of these days hopefully so. Doc, gave me a great bill of health today so maybe in 20 or so years I will be there. :nana:

I did note in the article you 'copy and pasted' (you're good at that;)), that no one really knows whether or not masking children is good OR bad for them. Which, I totally agree with as well!!

Oh and BTW, Did you get your wittle feewings hurt somewhere?
because you're so touchy lately. Maybe you need a break from the
***OFFICIAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD***
where ALL things corona virus are talked about....

Reactions: CutnSnip

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
YOu didn't answer my question. I thought Lovecraft IV did a pretty good job in the time allotted. What do you think?

You and JFairy both like watching powerful institutions dunk on little people by forcing them to choose between vaccination or onerous testing and/or wear masks, so you are more similar than different.
More strawmen action.

Lovecraft was a hack on gay lock down.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
More strawmen action.

Lovecraft was a hack on gay lock down.
No, I nailed it:
1626790324742.png

Elsewhere you've said that people who haven't been vaccinated are freeloaders and you've compared vaccine requirements to a driver's license. Saying "Strawman!" is easier than thinking though. Maybe you're just not very good at thinking.

@PRCD, ...Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with dinner after work, then went on an epic MTB ride at sunset, then got the kids to bed and spent time with wifey.(it's called, 'I have a life')
:shaka:
Back to your replies,
Boomer? HA-HA! One of these days hopefully so. Doc, gave me a great bill of health today so maybe in 20 or so years I will be there. :nana:
Health is precarious though. Have you gotten your booster yet?

Oh and BTW, Did you get your wittle feewings hurt somewhere?
because you're so touchy lately. Maybe you need a break from the
***OFFICIAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD***
where ALL things corona virus are talked about....
Thanks gramps.

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No, I nailed it:
View attachment 113265

Elsewhere you've said that people who haven't been vaccinated are freeloaders and you've compared vaccine requirements to a driver's license. Saying "Strawman!" is easier than thinking though. Maybe you're just not very good at thinking.

Health is precarious though. Have you gotten your booster yet?

Thanks gramps.
You sound crazy.

Which is weird because there are times when you seem sensible.

I hate wearing a mask. That is why I thought you were making a strawman. I even mention this in my response.

Then you went back an introduced a new Idea that I was amused by people having to get vaccinated, taking the time to make screen grab of the post. Please, note I don't mention mask wearing in the quote, which is what the Lovecraft parody was attacking.

It is true that I think it's funny people can't do stuff if they don't vaccinate.

But this is new information, which the Lovecraft quote is not directly satirizing. But that is different than mask wearing. I fear you are conflating the two.

I can only respond to what you write.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You sound crazy.
You sound stupid.

I hate wearing a mask. That is why I thought you were making a strawman.
Whether you hate it or not is orthogonal to my argument about you.

Then you went back an introduced a new Idea that I was amused by people having to get vaccinated, taking the time to make scree grab of the post. Please, note I don't mention mask wearing, which is what the Lovecraft parade was attacking.

This is true that I think it's funny people can't do stuff if they don't vaccinate.. But that is different than mask wearing.
If you thought the point of the last chapter of your life was about mask wearing, you shouldn't be teaching writing composition to anyone. Lol. If ever the blind lead the blind. Those who teach will be judged more strictly.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You sound stupid.

Whether you hate it or not is orthogonal to my argument about you.

If you thought the point of the last chapter of your life was about mask wearing, you shouldn't be teaching writing composition to anyone. Lol. If ever the blind lead the blind. Those who teach will be judged more strictly.
I disagree.

:dancing:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Let me wax Lovecraftian. I have this theory that the mostly-BIPOC younger generations are going to remember this abuse at the hands of old, white Boomers like yourself and the white Boomer bureaucrats and pundits they see on TV. Many will become your nurses, doctors, and caretakers. When you are lying incapacitated on a hospital bed some day in the near future, they may be your nurses, doctors and caretakers. Fresh out of CRT training, the last thing you may see when surrounded by the empty space created by children you failed to have is a BIPOC hand bringing a pillow over your dumb Boomer mouth or starting a euthanasia drip.
That doesn't read very Lovecraftian* to me.

Maybe more Robin Cook, or the more common 'lets scare the old people' today kind of programming on TV opinion pieces we've been seeing since, well, since the 70's when I started watching things other than HR Pufnstuf.

* - Lovecraftian horror, sometimes used interchangeably with "cosmic horror"[2] is a subgenre of horror fiction and weird fiction that emphasizes the horror of the unknowable and incomprehensible[3] more than gore or other elements of shock.[4] It is named after American author H. P. Lovecraft (1890–1937). His work emphasizes themes of cosmic dread, forbidden and dangerous knowledge, madness, non-human influences on humanity, religion and superstition, fate and inevitability, and the risks associated with scientific discoveries,[5] which are now associated with Lovecraftian horror as a subgenre

I need to get my second shingles vaccine.

I don't want to.
Sure ya do. Make the first one worth it.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
@PRCD 'Health is precarious though. Have you gotten your booster yet?'

No, it's not available yet. For some reason I thought you'd know that.....guess not.
But I will get it if it's needed. No worries!

I'm living my life for my kids now. I don't want this thing and I don't want them to get it either.
They are 10/8 yrs and both have potential issues with a vaccine like this. Me, I could care less.
I've been sicker from the flu vax a couple times so I probably wouldn't get that one anymore. This one was no biggie. I've had shingles, but at some point will probably get that jab too. Heard to many horrible stories about that one.

Either way, I wish people weren't so selfish about getting this vaccine, be it religeous beliefs, political beliefs, scared of it, don't know what's in it, or whatever reason not to get the vax, it just seems very selfish to me. Carry on.....

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
@PRCD 'Health is precarious though. Have you gotten your booster yet?'

No, it's not available yet. For some reason I thought you'd know that.....guess not.
Sounds like you haven't made an effort:

I'm living my life for my kids now. I don't want this thing and I don't want them to get it either.
They are 10/8 yrs and both have potential issues with a vaccine like this. Me, I could care less.
The vaccines are leaky, meaning they do not prevent infection and transmission, only serious illness. Your kids will either build an immune response by getting COVID or by getting the vaccine.
I've been sicker from the flu vax a couple times so I probably wouldn't get that one anymore. This one was no biggie. I've had shingles, but at some point will probably get that jab too. Heard to many horrible stories about that one.
Sounds like you're anti-vax.
Either way, I wish people weren't so selfish about getting this vaccine, be it religeous beliefs, political beliefs, scared of it, don't know what's in it, or whatever reason not to get the vax, it just seems very selfish to me. Carry on.....
Low effort thinking. It doesn't sound like you've tried to understand this.

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Well howdy doo! I haven't made the effort to get boosted because I just got vaxed 3 months ago. I'll know if and when it's time to and I have no problem with it.
As far as the kids go, if a vax comes out that my wife and I are good with, then we will go from there. I know a handful of 12-18 yr olds who've been vaxed already and all is good with them.
Definitely not anti vax. Maybe slow vax, but not anti. You've got the wrong impression, again.
I've done enough research to know what works for my wife and I and we are doing the best we can for us. You can do whatever you want, maybe go outside.....:roflmao:

BTW, I got another bitchen MTB ride at sunset today. After dinner with the fam of course, and all after a good day at my shop prepping it for some new sleds! Stocked!!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"While officials note that the available COVID-19 vaccines appear to remain very effective against the Delta variant, the worry is that it could spread easily among those who are unvaccinated or have yet to complete their two-dose regimen of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines."

Who fvckin' cares.

That's their problem.

Fvck this re-mask bullshit.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Yeah, the going back and forth is really bad leadership.
One thing's for certain. Globalization is for profit and multinationals benefits soley; otherwise how do we explain the complete and absolute lack of a global plan to handle a global pandemic?

:shrug:

Riiiiiiiiight.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Well howdy doo! I haven't made the effort to get boosted because I just got vaxed 3 months ago. I'll know if and when it's time to and I have no problem with it.
As far as the kids go, if a vax comes out that my wife and I are good with, then we will go from there. I know a handful of 12-18 yr olds who've been vaxed already and all is good with them.
If the NEA has their way, vaccines will be a condition for your children to return to school.
Definitely not anti vax. Maybe slow vax, but not anti. You've got the wrong impression, again.
I don't. I'm using your words against you. People hearing horrible stories about the COVID vaccines is one of the reasons for vaccine hesitancy. For example, SurfFuerteVentura thought his wife was going to die after hers. This made him hesitant. That, and other drug trials he's been through. You are extremely dense not to see your hypocrisy.
I've done enough research to know what works for my wife and I and we are doing the best we can for us.
Research? Such as.....?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
"While officials note that the available COVID-19 vaccines appear to remain very effective against the Delta variant, the worry is that it could spread easily among those who are unvaccinated or have yet to complete their two-dose regimen of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines."

Who fvckin' cares.

That's their problem.

fvvk this re-mask bullshit.
Why not one dose of J&J? Has Pfizer won the regulatory capture and J&J no longer deserves a mention?

You're expecting the same people that led us into this situation to lead us out, @casa_mugrienta. They aren't willing or able to do so.