Hydrodynamica x Joel Jitsu

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
maybe he came from money? inherited a bit?

hard to imagine hes living so large off being a mid tier surfer with a vans contract when people like Felipe Toledo are buying modest homes in San Clemente and pulling down way more money from surfing.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Yeah he's definitely got on on North Shore, and thought I heard he's got one down near Diamond Head too.
Does he?

First I am hearing about it.
Yeah he's definitely got on on North Shore, and thought I heard he's got one down near Diamond Head too.
Just looked on city and county website.

Looks like he has a spot near v land he bought from none other then Fast Eddie himself. The lots were split up by the cambell estate in the 1980s.

Criminal syndicate at its finest.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
He has a place on a busy east/west thoroughfare just north of the 56. Took him like 3 years to fix his front porch light. Unbelievable, this guy!
Pop's says he has a place by V-land.
When I used to dawn patrol at Black's I'd drive by his house and honk the horn real good.

I hear stories like this and I have to wonder about their veracity. I’ve surfed all over La Jolla, including some “localized” spots and nobody has ever even given me stink eye.
There used to be this guy, football star went bad on acid, anyways, his whole trip was to sit out the back, face the shore and stink eye everybody. Lol, sometimes he'd get caught inside because he wasn't paying attention. One of the Cherry boys was pretty infamous too. RK used to be pretty good at stink eye too, maybe he just couldn't see good.

I hardly think he makes bank.

Maybe solid middle class but I doubt he is making anywhere mid 6 figures.
Seems like everybody I know either trains or their kids train at his studio. I'm sure he's doing fine.

Are you saying he's only 45? I figured he was in his mid 50s already.

Notice the pro roll, not a home made jobby.

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
How can Tudor be "Hawaiian?" Did the ancestors of Polynesians from South Asia pack the biggest, baddest dudes they could find into the canoe except for some small Jews to do the accounting and lawyering?
I take offense to this as a jew that is bad with money.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I hear stories like this and I have to wonder about their veracity. I’ve surfed all over La Jolla, including some “localized” spots and nobody has ever even given me stink eye.
Same.

Lived there for some years and surfed pretty much everywhere, never had a person give stinkeye or say a word to me anywhere. Casual conversation yes.

TBH can't remember anyone ever really burning me either, so must not have been worse than anywhere else.

I did ask Skoby Joe about a board he was riding one time on a bumpy day, he snorted something about all boards sucking when it's bumpy and turned his nose up at me. Some years later I was out at a different reef, midday during the week and it was just me, him, and another guy. Skoby had a photog with him. I'm way deeper and go, as I'm coming off the bottom to check turn into a barrel and there's Skoby, straight burning me.

But of course he's from Irvine.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD