yolo dilemma

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
thinking about snagging one of these OTR as an early birthday gift to myself. both alt performance boards. I surf around San Diego where the waves are mostly sh!tty. what say you's

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I've always thought the Bullet looked good and I'm more of a twin fin guy lately so it gets my vote.

I appreciate that the Shrizz vid shows guys surfing the board in some pretty marginal conditions. Looks like it goes pretty well. Aesthetically the rounded nose bothers me a little bit. Yes, I'm that petty.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Where are they available OTR?? been wanting to feel up a bullet for a while.

casa getting triggered by a white dude calling himself panda in 3,2,1…
proof lab in norcal. I called and they said they don't ship, but have someone who transports boards to/from socal for a fee. they also have some Stamps, they've got a Flare in my dims too :unsure:

don't snake me bro

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I've always thought the Bullet looked good and I'm more of a twin fin guy lately so it gets my vote.

I appreciate that the Shrizz vid shows guys surfing the board in some pretty marginal conditions. Looks like it goes pretty well. Aesthetically the rounded nose bothers me a little bit. Yes, I'm that petty.
yeah I looked in my fin stash and I have the Rainbow RSC, Aipas, T1s, Albums, and Rasta twins with no dedicated twin to put em in since I sold my R. and I don't wanna wait 6 mos for an Album. so initially leaning toward the Bullet. The footage of the Shrizz in normal waves does look real good though.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
yeah I looked in my fin stash and I have the Rainbow RSC, Aipas, T1s, Albums, and Rasta twins with no dedicated twin to put em in since I sold my R. and I don't wanna wait 6 mos for an Album. so initially leaning toward the Bullet. The footage of the Shrizz in normal waves does look real good though.
Lemme know if you wanna get rid of those Akilas or Albums.

Reactions: tedshred5

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Those waves weren't exactly SD sh1tty. They were hollower and punchier and the surfer was light. You get a longer rail line with the wider nose further towards the tip and the pin tail, but I don't see how this helps in smaller waves. The squash tail is normally what you need to give lift when pumping for speed in smaller waves.

I think the twin configuration reduces drag which is nice.

Overall, I don't get it. If you want to buy a new board then YOLO. You might as well spend cash now before you need a wheelbarrow worth to buy a box of cereal.

Reactions: tedshred5