Travel to the 'stans...Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, etc... maybe Azerbaijan, Georgia

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The original thick eyebrows.
That's racist.

ND FU

DUMB.

I dated this beautiful girl from Pakistan for two years after my wife died. She was absolutely gorgeous, always had a big smile on her face, and was super intelligent, fun, kind and generous. There was also the part about her having a great body, perfect rack, and she liked to go boom boom. She was 30 years younger than me,
1624911132539.png

Well, other than her mother, two drop dead good looking sisters, and her father who is still my friend. In the culture of the Stans, man is king, and you get treated like one. Her mother--who by the way, had a PHD in Physics from Purdue-waited on me hand and foot. I love her. Go there . The women treat you like you are a god.

I'm going.
That's racist.

Went out with a Persian chick whose parents were loaded. She was tall and crazy beautiful, but also crazy. And so in her own world, I couldn't take it longer than one date. Also, her parents had a guy picked out for her so she was debating marrying him just to please them. Totally fucked family dynamic. I ran. I ran so far away.
That's racist.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
More fun visiting places with other cultures.

Especially those that are living somewhat in the past.

The West is so sanitized.
That’s what’s kept me from visiting Oz and NZ. I’ve probably booked 3 flights to Oz over the course of 10 years but always ended up getting my miles refunded because I decided that there was somewhere more interesting to visit from a cultural perspective.

I know they are amazing in their own right and that I’d have a great time , but I can’t get excited about visiting another developed English speaking (or close enough :ROFLMAO:) country

Reactions: tacos

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
That’s what’s kept me from visiting Oz and NZ. I’ve probably booked 3 flights to Oz over the course of 10 years but always ended up getting my miles refunded because I decided that there was somewhere more interesting to visit from a cultural perspective.

I know they are amazing in their own right and that I’d have a great time , but I can’t get excited about visiting another developed English speaking (or close enough :ROFLMAO:) country
Australia is fucking awesome but as far as interesting culture goes...I agree if if thats what your looking for there's better places to look. New Zealand is the most overrated place in the world. There is nothing unique or remarkable about the whole place.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Australia is fucking awesome but as far as interesting culture goes...I agree if if thats what your looking for there's better places to look. New Zealand is the most overrated place in the world. There is nothing unique or remarkable about the whole place.
NZ must market really well because everyone I know wants to go there some day.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
NZ must market really well because everyone I know wants to go there some day.
It's crazy. Sure there is some nice scenery but nothing you can't get anywhere else. I know white people love watching the HAKA...it really gets their instagrams going...otherwise it's such a bland place. Chile has everything NZ ha sand more....plus an awesome mix of different cultures.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Been to Chile twice. Fell in love with the country, the surf, and a girl I met from Norway. I describe to people like this. If you take the entire west coast of USA from canada to mex and mirror it to the southern hemisphere, you have Chile.

We have Sierras.
They have Andes.

We have desert in the south.
They have desert in the north.

We have Death Valley.
They have Atacama.

We have warm water in the south.
They have warm water in the north.

We have 161 active volcanos in PNW.
They have 500 active volcanos.

We speak spanish.
They speak spanish.

They even grow the same food we do. Life is a trip. :computer:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
More fun visiting places with other cultures.

Especially those that are living somewhat in the past.

The West is so sanitized.
Here's the awful truth: humanity is depraved, depressing, and dumb due to the sin of our first parents. There are brief flashes of brilliance in the arts and sciences, but they are quickly dismantled. This seems to be happening more quickly than in the past. You're not going to find insights in other parts of the world other than that some peoples still live as described in "The Estate Manager" by Xenophon, which is refreshing.

If you're after cultural vibrancy, invent a time machine.

It's crazy. Sure there is some nice scenery but nothing you can't get anywhere else. I know white people love watching the HAKA...it really gets their instagrams going...otherwise it's such a bland place. Chile has everything NZ ha sand more....plus an awesome mix of different cultures.
White people are boring and dumb has hell now.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I loved Chile.

If I had money I would live there for a while.
Chile, Argentina, Uruguay are unbelievable. I don't include Brazil because culturally it's on it's own. I didn't appreciate Brazil when I was going there regularly but I look back on it as something I want to do all over again. Sao Paulo is mayhem, Rio is to a degree as well. Bahian Carnival in Salvador is indescribable. Just complete insanity. It has a bit of a New Orleans vibe but it's a complete immersion in sound sight and smell. Nothing like it on earth. It should be next on your bucket list...knowing your affinity for "dark angels".

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's the awful truth: humanity is depraved, depressing, and dumb due to the sin of our first parents. There are brief flashes of brilliance in the arts and sciences, but they are quickly dismantled. This seems to be happening more quickly than in the past. You're not going to find insights in other parts of the world other than that some peoples still live as described in "The Estate Manager" by Xenophon, which is refreshing.
I'm not looking for insights.

I'm looking to be entertained.

And I enjoy the bad with the good because it's part of the experience of being human.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Chile, Argentina, Uruguay are unbelievable. I don't include Brazil because culturally it's on it's own. I didn't appreciate Brazil when I was going there regularly but I look back on it as something I want to do all over again. Sao Paulo is mayhem, Rio is to a degree as well. Bahian Carnival in Salvador is indescribable. Just complete insanity. It has a bit of a New Orleans vibe but it's a complete immersion in sound sight and smell. Nothing like it on earth. It should be next on your bucket list...knowing your affinity for "dark angels".
In terms of culture and lifestyle, I'll take Brazil over anywhere in the world. Some of the most amazing coastline as well.

Reactions: r32

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Chile, Argentina, Uruguay are unbelievable. I don't include Brazil because culturally it's on it's own.
Agree with all the above, having lived in BsAs however I wonder if it's one of the most overrated cities to visit as a tourist.

Great living there though.

The rest of the country has so much to offer.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Which erBBer has traveled to the most countries? I'm guessing someone in here probably in the 50+ country range.
I may have broken through the 50 country visits. Before I retired in 2015, I had about 4.5 million air miles on American and co-shares. Asia, N/C/S America, Middle East, Africas South of the Sahara, Europe/E Europe, etc. Kids an wife never asked where I was headed, just how many air miles would I get (kidding).

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I may have broken through the 50 country visits. Before I retired in 2015, I had about 4.5 million air miles on American and co-shares. Asia, N/C/S America, Middle East, Africas South of the Sahara, Europe/E Europe, etc. Kids an wife never asked where I was headed, just how many air miles would I get (kidding).
I remember they used to punch my passports when they expired and let me keep them...not anymore. Going though them and looking at the stamps and visas is pretty cool.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I remember they used to punch my passports when they expired and let me keep them...not anymore. Going though them and looking at the stamps and visas is pretty cool.
I was warned a number of times by Immigration when returning to the US that I better get additional pages added to my passports or I would be put into secondary. Every time they said something I told them I couldn’t be without the passport that long so, I got a second passport (in the days of Apartheid in South Africa one didn’t want a SA entry/exit stamp from SA if business included visits to other African nations or, when traveling to Israel, forget about having stamps from Egypt, Jordan, etc.). I have my old passports as far back as the early 1950s when I was an Army brat and my dad was stationed in Verdun, France. In those days, every border had a check-point (as opposed to the present free travel between European countries).

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
When did you last renew? I renewed in early 2017 and got the old one back.